1,293 results
All reviews emporium hotel james street tartufo a king spa suite cocktail bar downstairs rooftop pool pillow menu turn down service valet parking espresso machine washer dryer luxury hotel beautiful hotel small kitchenette comfortable bed room service rooms are large
Reviewed September 30, 2018 via mobile

I have stayed at The Valley on many occasions over the past few months for business.

The hotel is in an awesome location, close to lots of restaurants, bars and supermarkets.

The rooms are beautiful and spacious, including a washer/dryer in room which is a bonus when travelling for work or otherwise.

The staff are very attentive, friendly and efficient and will go out of their way to ensure that your stay is enjoyable and hassle free.

Obviously at the moment, there are a lot of renovations going on, but there is no noise to speak of at night and the only mild inconvenience is the pool/gym being closed. However, there is a fully equipped gym (goodlife) just 5 minutes walk away and apparently a pool a similar distance if need be. Further, as mentioned above, the staff do everything they can to keep any inconvenience to a minimum.

I definitely recommend staying at this hotel!

Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
DanielM20337, General Manager at The Valley Brisbane, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2018

Hey there Coastal142253,

Thank you for your wicked 5 out of 5 balanced review. We really appreciate that you have taken the time out to share that our rockstar team here did everything they could to ensure that you were comfortable.

We look forward to welcoming you back post revitalisation.

Reviewed September 28, 2018 via mobile

I booked the Valley hotel and no where on the website or bookings.com was it clearly advised that the hotel was under significant renovations. No foyer or easily accessible reception and the pool, gym and rooftop area whiter I believe there was meant to be a bar was completely closed.
If I was staying for business it would not have mattered. However, I chose this hotel based on the roof top pool and gym to use while staying here. Apparently alternative arrangements were possible, but this is not convenient.
On check in - I was upgrade to a slightly bigger room but not referenced to the renovation situation.
I feel very misled and deceived and although the rooms are nicely appointed, the overall customer experience is poor.
When I spoke to reception, there was no apology and they were surprised that there was no prior notification. A phone call 30 minutes later offered a complimentary breakfast. Simply not good enough.
Very poor customer experience and I will not be back. There are many new hotels in Brisbane to visit next time.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank JasonSSydney
DanielM20337, General Manager at The Valley Brisbane, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2018

Hey there JasonSSydney,

Thanks for taking the time out to share your concerns. We are sorry that you both missed out on reading our booking.com important info section and also our hotel website information that clearly says that we are under renovations. I am glad that a member of assistant management team took the time to get in touch with you though to try and make-up for an underwhelming expierence. Please feel free to get in touch with myself directly should we have the opportunity to earn back your trust! stay.thevalley@ovolohotels.com

Reviewed September 23, 2018

Very happy guest ... rooms were amazing and very clean, reception staff on arrival in the afternoon a young girl would be very happy to have her work for us also the hotel duty manager very good all the staff were amazing.

Would recommend this hotel for anyone to stay.

Only disappointing thing was the renovation taking place which is out of everyone's control. maybe another excuse to visit the Valley and Brishbane

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends

Hey there Ac0rless,

We cant wait for another excuse for you to visit us and I dont blame you for wanting to take our team home, they are pretty irreplaceable !!!

Cant wait to have you back !

Reviewed September 19, 2018 via mobile

My beautiful wife and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay at this boutique hotel and the emporium precinct. The room was spacious and the ambience welcoming. The rooftop pool area was relaxing and refreshing. The dining particularly the Italian restaurant just outside the hotels door was excellent as were the eclectic retail shopping.
This establishment has got it right for their guests.
No disappointments here.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple

Hey there robmaizels,

Thank you for taking the time our to share your review. We are stoked that you got to enjoy the rooftop prior to our revitalisation and we look forward to returning a bigger and better space mid November.

We agree on the point of the Italian its pretty darn good, particularly the pizza's.

Reviewed September 18, 2018

The staff at the Valley Brisbane were nothing short of exceptional.

It was my girlfriend's birthday and I requested that whilst we were out for the evening that the presents I had brought with me be arranged on the bed as a surprise upon our return.

Rebecca and the team went above and beyond arranging rose petals on the bed and decorations around the room with the presents as the centerpiece.

Needless to say my girlfriend and I were blown away with the level of care, creativity and generosity displayed.

The staff were all wonderful and I'm already looking forward to staying at The Valley again.

Thank you.

Room Tip: Awesome amenity with a myriad of restaurants at the doorstep.
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple

Hey there JCNikko,

Wow.... what a review. The team were so happy to hear the nice comments that you had to share particularly Rebecca, she is definitely an asset to our team.

Happy Birthday once again to your girlfriend, hope the brownie points you earned haven't worn off. :-)

Cant wait to have you back.