“Yummy!”

Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed June 24, 2018

I went there with some friends on a Friday night.

The food is simply delicious. I had the suckling pig with the side of broccoli and it was delicious and plenty of food. Most of my colleagues had the hunger steak and they weren't disappointing. The service was also excellent.

My only but here is that the wine list is very pricey and they didn't have either of the two bottles we ordered so we ended up drinking a recommended wine that we didn't enjoy and paid $55 for a bottle.

Reviewed June 19, 2018 via mobile

Where do I begin? Ordered a Coke only to find out it was Pepsi when I paid the bill. My wife ordered the eye fillet medium and it came out rare. The corn cake was dry. The Dutch cream potato was cold in the centre. The food was warm not hot. The waitress clearing the table beside me scraped food onto the floor beneath my feet and laughed about it when she realised we had noticed it. Overall very ordinary for the high prices. Definitely won’t be returning.

Reviewed June 18, 2018 via mobile

Ticks all the boxes ..... excellent views over the Brisbane river with fabulous food, good wine choices and professional friendly staff.
Never disappoints .... thanks Blackbird!

Wow... just wow!
I’m a big fan of a steak restaurant so I have been working through some of Brisbane’s top 10. In my opinion this is number one. To be honest they all do a great steak, the difference for me is the sides, sauces and service. Blackbird delivered in spades. It’s been a long time since I’ve felt compelled to leave a generous tip but Georgina displayed all style and skills you expect from a fine dining experience and the food was absolutely exceptional. Well done to one and all, I’ll be back with friends soon.

2  Thank Rothy69
Reviewed June 18, 2018 via mobile

Swung in to get a meal but we were unable to get a table, as we didn’t have a reservation. They offered us to go to the bar, where we could get food off a smaller menu. Boy am I glad we did. First, there was a fine beer selection which was nice. The location is perfect as well. Sitting a floor or two above the river, there is a nice selection of open air seating with warmers for the cooler months.

Though it was a condensed menu, the food was amazing. Simple, yet fairly elegant. We had six in our group and everyone devoured their food. Looking forward to returning to Brisbane sometime and getting a chance to try the full menu. I will be sure to make a reservation!