“Top class dining in Brisbane ”

Blackbird Bar and Grill
Ranked #25 of 5,047 Restaurants in Brisbane
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed June 29, 2018 via mobile

My wife and I enjoyed a first rate dinner at this very popular restaurant. We had to wait 10 minutes for a table (having failed to make a reservation online - possibly we gave up too easily, or maybe perseverance has its rewards). I was attracted by the kangaroo loin and it was truly delicious, we shared sides of roasted carrots and broccolini. These also went well with her duck. The service was excellent and although we were dressed more casually than some other diners we were treated just as well as them.
The wine list was very full, and though mostly sold by the bottle we had two very fine single glasses of red wine.
This was a great top-end dinner to complete our holiday, but at AUS$121 would be pricey for everyday. However for those with the resources and appetite I highly recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed June 29, 2018

Had an amazing dinner here! Great choice of steak, beautiful sauces, and truffles on our steak! Truffles I say!! And they don't skimp on anything! Including the truffles!

I had a sirloin with bernaise sauce. We had some amazing sides too. And great wine. Lovely atmosphere. Quirky venue. Loved it!!

1  Thank 296sharona
Reviewed June 25, 2018

Right on the river, good atmosphere with knowledgeable wine and food service in a relaxed environment.
Huge range of quality wines with a knowledgeable sommelier, make sure you ask for her to best advise on a wine to suit your taste and dishes
Good range of steaks, specials and fish. The sucking pig was recommended, and was superb.
Good for a special occasion, or to impress friends or business acquaintances. At the upper end of the price scale, but good value

Reviewed June 24, 2018 via mobile

If you’re looking for elegant, sophisticated, fun and lively, Blackbird is where it’s at! Such a beautiful spot on the Brisbane river with great views of the Story Bridge, and to top it off, Blackbird seriously has The Best Service in all of Brisbane! Great food and Bar selection is crazy awesome!

Reviewed June 24, 2018

I went there with some friends on a Friday night.

The food is simply delicious. I had the suckling pig with the side of broccoli and it was delicious and plenty of food. Most of my colleagues had the hunger steak and they weren't disappointing. The service was also excellent.

My only but here is that the wine list is very pricey and they didn't have either of the two bottles we ordered so we ended up drinking a recommended wine that we didn't enjoy and paid $55 for a bottle.