“Not As Good As Before”

LIONS at springwood
Ranked #3,699 of 5,146 Restaurants in Brisbane
Price range: US$4 - US$21
Description: We are the official social club of the Brisbane Lions. Come watch the Lion's, play some pokies, enjoy a burger, take your kids to the Cubs Club, or listen to a live band. LIONS at springwood is a place to believe and belong. From the time we open our doors at 10am to when we close them at 3am, there is always something happening at LIONS at springwood! We have amazing promotions, host fabulous musicians, and serve mouth-watering and affordable meals! Mum can grab a coffee while connected to our free WiFi service, kids can play in our enclosed kids' area, and dad can watch the game. Come catch up with your mates, watch the next UFC pay per view event, and enjoy the late night convenience of the Thirsty Camel bottleshop before heading out. If you're 5, 25, or 105, we have something for everyone. LIONS at springwood is located in Rochedale South, just off the motorway. Swing on by to see what we can offer you, your mates, and your family.
Reviewed April 4, 2018

It's such a shame, as we use to go here quite often but since the kitchen/menu has changed we don't go as much.
We are creatures of habit.
My husband would have the Mixed Grill and I would either go for the Chicken Stir Fry (Noodles) or Butter Chicken.
The Mixed Grill used to be a mix for meat and fish, now it's meat, chicken & 'a fried egg".....really!! This isn't a breakfast option, who wants a fried egg?
Neither of my options are on the menu, unless you're a Pensioner (which I'm not). You're ok if you like pizza or burgers, which is not my fav.
The portion sizes have got smaller and prices seem to have increased.
This is why we come to the club, more affordable drinks and food, and food which is tasty.
The meals have lost it's 'zing' and I'd rather go to other cafes in the area, such a shame.

Margaret F, Public Relations Manager at LIONS at springwood, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2018

Thank you for your feed back. I will pass this on to both the head chef and senior management.

Reviewed April 3, 2018 via mobile

The value for money is no longer there. The quality is no longer there. Have they just succumbed to accepting the pokie money from the local populace? The Lions club of old is gone. Worst chicken I have ever eaten. Good drink prices for members.

Margaret F, Public Relations Manager at LIONS at springwood, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2018

Reviewed March 16, 2018

We went for lunch and ordered Trawler Surprise and a Steak Sandwich. Seafood was ok, but the steak sandwich was the worst I have had. Meat was terrible, with a slice of tomato and some onions.

Sorry for the late reply. If you would like to email me details I will discuss this issue with you mfarrell@lionsatspringwood.com.au

Reviewed March 9, 2018 via mobile

The kids loved it here and the food was amazing I had the garlic prawns and they exceeded my expectations everyone was happy we will be back!

Margaret F, Public Relations Manager at LIONS at springwood, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2018

Reviewed December 6, 2017

Had an enjoyable night out with friends but would not say food or atmosphere lived up to my expectations for a majors sport club, good range of Gluten Free food but one friend didn't have a good night after her GF food option, Staff where helpful and friendly, I will go back again if invited by friends but would not be my first choice.