“Impressed! ”

The Newmarket Hotel
Ranked #1,536 of 5,214 Restaurants in Brisbane
Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

Very impressed with this establishment. Food was well priced and really tasty, was delivered to our table in a timely manner too. Although my steak sandwich was spot on I had so much food envy as I saw all the other delicious meals being delivered to nearby tables. Only reason I’m not giving 5 stars is it took them a while to seat us. I’ll definitely be back to try other items on the menu.

Date of visit: April 2018

Reviewed March 16, 2018

Since the Newmarket was 'upmarketed' several years back (along with a few other local watering holes) the character has evaporated to be replaced with a cookie-cutter approach to food, service and entertainment. The food here is fine; steaks are always a good choice but again, do I really need to pay $30+ for this? Try it for yourself - you'll either be a fan of the whole presentation or, like me, a bit 'meh' about it all.

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed March 15, 2018

Decided on the Newmarket as the venue for an informal work lunch and I must say, I was pleasantly surprised. Extensive menu (not limited just to the 'lunch menu' like so many places) and reasonably priced.
Service pleasant and unobtrusive.
Meals a good size not an excessively long wait for them to arrive.
Steak was perfectly cooked, tender, with a fantastic char-grilled flavor. Calamari tender and tasty, as were the prawns and scallops.
Will be coming back.

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed February 21, 2018

We had a family catchup linch during the week. It was very busy, crowded and noisy. The food was enjoyable. The waitress replenished out water as it was a hot day. Food came fairly quickly so no complaints there. The people at the next table came with a toddler who seemdd to delight in screaming, so after our food, we decided to leave as the parents didn't seem to care that their child was disturbing/annoying others.

Date of visit: February 2018
1  Thank Diana K
Reviewed January 25, 2018 via mobile

Social chat get together, drinks and snacks definitely spending money. Restaurant empty but only interaction from waitress was telling us we need to sit somewhere else like outside , restaurant was empty, lots of new eatery’s so won’t be coming back as no service food average.

Date of visit: January 2018