All reviews air con stayed here washing machine and dryer per night minute walk microwave
Reviewed July 7, 2018

I stayed for 3 nights in June 2018. I was charged $70 per night as a single, and as a walk in. The guy was very generous and gave me the room at 9am even though check in was supposed to be after 3pm, as he had a room already available.

I got a bit of a shock when I entered the room for the first time and saw the rather stained carpet. I really thought tiles in a tropical environment would be more appropriate.

The TV signal on some of the channels was not that great. Maybe it was some sort of satellite signal?

Other than those two issues everything else was good. There is a microwave, fridge, lots of cutlery, plates (which were exceedingly clean), a comfortable double bed, hot shower, aircon, a ceiling fan. Wifi worked well.

Location is fairly central. There is a small pool too.

It's good value if you are looking for a secure place to stay for a few nights. Checkout is 10am.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed June 11, 2018

I know it's a cheap motel but there are minimum health, safety and comfort standards that even dorm type hostels adhere to. I've stayed at better places in 3rd world countries.

Firstly, reception is never open. There is someone onsite that you can phone M-F 9am-7pm Sat 10am-4pm Sun 10am-2pm. Good luck is something goes wrong at 2.01 on Sunday.

TV only worked intermittently and when it did it was pixelated. Being a Sunday evening there was no one to help.

I was awoken twice overnight by drunken guests banging on my door in error.

The sheets had red drip stains on them but as I only realized this after their hours there was nothing I could do.

The fridge was rusting away. The Kettle hadn't been cleaned on the inside for years. The plumbing throughout the building is so rotten that you're woken up by the bangs and crashes all night every time anyone in the motel opens a tap or flushes the toilet.

The place is a fair walk to retail but there isn't even a drink/snack vending machine on site.

Worst hotel I've seen in my 60+ years. Do not go there. Do not!

Room Tip: Don't go there
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
2  Thank Ron B
Reviewed March 20, 2018 via mobile

We stayed here for 4 days on our way down the Gold Coast . Our room was ready early as requested and very clean and comfortable it was to . The washing machine and dryer are close by at 4 dollars each great value as all our washing done and ironed the same day . Shops and a few good outlets are close by a 5 minute walk maximum. Nice little pool with loungers to use . The staff are absolutely excellent nothing is to
Much trouble . Coffee/ tea / juice available st mo charge .

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed February 20, 2018 via mobile

We enjoyed our time at the motel. We got really good service and the staff was very helpfull. Good motel for the money you spend. Close to the city. Good local bus connections on the lake Street. Close to supermarkets and restaurants.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed February 19, 2018 via mobile

It's old but clean and tidy. Short walk to the main area of the city. Reception guy was very friendly. Aircon is old and noisy but it works. Bathroom sliding door was very stiff. I guess they could do with a bit of face lift in bathroom. Overall it's good value and great for over night stay.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple