“Very disappointed ”

US$77.70*
Hartley's Crocodile Adventure Half-Day Tour
Ranked #25 of 162 Tours in Cairns
Reviewed 22 August 2016 via mobile

It didn't meet our expectations and all the hype. We were the fourth person in the queque to get our pre- book kuranda train ticket, waiting for more than 1/2 hour for the booth to open and we got the seat next to the aisle facing away from the direction of the train. We couldn't see a thing, it was hot, smell fume every time we went into a tunnel. We asked the ticket lady at the booth to give us a good seats but we got the worse seats (despite we were the 4th in the queque, book our trip 3 months in advance). We were so excited in the morning and our excitement turned into extreme dissapointment 5sec after boarding the train.

There are newer reviews for Kuranda, Coach, and Skyrail Tour

Reviewed 22 August 2016

This is a really terrific way to see the sights in a neat package.
You can do the Railway trip first and come down on the Skyrail, or vice versa, but we were advised to do the former, and to be honest, I think it is probably the best way to go.
The train chugging up into the mountains and up the grades, I think gives a much better idea of just what an incredible engineering feat this track was, and the views on the Skyrail coming down into Cairns when you top the last ridge are truly breathtaking.
We opted for the 'Gold Class' on the train trip.
It cost about $50 extra, but we thought it was worth it.
You have a designated area to sit in pre-departure with a nice refreshing mocktail, comfortable clubs seats on the train, which makes taking pictures a lot easier as opposed to being crushed into the bench seats in the other carriages.
Gold Class is much less crowded and you are served with a nice selection of tasty local treats, as well as coffee or drinks.
The wine was very nice and the lovely hostess was generous if you wanted a top-up.
Kuranda itself is very touristy, which i guess is to be expected.
Some of the craft shops had some nice things in them and the food stalls and shops had an eclectic range of goodies to sample.
The Skyrail may be somewhat daunting for those who are not good with heights.
I myself am not 100% blase about dangling from a cable up in the wild blue yonder, and scoping the delights of a multiple hundred (or is that thousand) feet drop below.
However, it did not take me too long to become reasonably acclimatized to it, and eventually the incredible, awesome views made me somewhat forget my phobias.
Getting off at the stations allows you to get back on terra firma (ie. less terror and much firmer), and the views over the Barron Gorge and the displays of the area's history is well worth it, as is the very informative talk on the rain forest from the ranger at the other station.
As I said, the panorama as you come down into Cairns is pretty much worth the ticket price on its own.
Booking the whole package, with coach pick-up and drop off was great.
Very stress free.
I would most certainly recommend this package tour if you are visiting Cairns.
It is pretty much a 'don't miss'!

Reviewed 21 August 2016

What a lovely way to see the sights and spectacular views fantastic this is an absolute must do when visiting Cairns and I thought it was reasonably priced

Reviewed 15 August 2016

We started off with the sky rail after a visit to the aborigine centre next door, the sky rail travels over the Barron Lake National Park over the tree canopy and is an amazing 5 miles long. It gives you an opportunity to alight along the route at two separate stations, the first allows to to have a 15 minute boarded walk through the rain forest, we took the opportunity of having one of the guides give us a guided tour, this is included in the cost and the guide is available every 15 minutes or so. The second sttop allows you to alight and view a spectacular waterfall. At the base station we walked up to Karunda which is a 10 minute walk to look at the market. We then returned to Freshwater Station on the 100 plus year old scenic Karunda railway with spectacular views.

Reviewed 13 August 2016

The Train was a lovely, comfortable and the staff on were helpful. The train had toilets and water to drink. The views were amazing, so much to see on the trip. The Skyrail is a fantastic way to see the rainforest from above and beautiful too. Kuranda Village is a lovely place with little shops, restaurants etc. The Skyrail is very comfortable with clear views of the rainforest, walks etc, there is a lot to see on this tour. I only went for a day but I think you need more time because there is so much to see. I would recommend doing this and I will definitely do it again.

1  Thank Linda C