“Lovely service, nice hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Cairns

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Cairns
Ranked #11 of 68 Hotels in Cairns
NSW
“Lovely service, nice hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2012

Holiday Inn Cairns is situated in a lovely part of Cairns, with nice walks along the Esplanade / Promenade. Hotel has a nice feel to it, and while it is a large hotel, the staff are wonderfully friendly and very quick to provide great service... makes all the difference.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
KateGeorge, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Cairns, responded to this review, 17 March 2012
Hello MelMNSW,

I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us up in Cairns.

If you travel up this way again, we would love to see you at Holiday Inn Cairns.

Guest Experience Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (429)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2012

After having had a bad experience at the Best Western Sheridan, I checked out of there and into the Holiday Inn as I was able to use Priority points. Since I told the receptionist what bad experiences I was encountering, she actually upgraded me for free to a nice room with an ocean view as she did not want me to leave Cairns having negative thoughts. The room was luxurious compared to the previous hotel, with a most comfortable bed, and the staff cannot be faulted. Despite a note in the room about how to prevent ants and the need to report a sighting of ants to the reception desk, I could not find a single one in the bedroom or bathroom. The location of this hotel is also very good being on the Esplanade. I have stayed in many Holiday Inns around the world and cannot fault them, as each and every one has been of a high standard.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank frequentflyer186338
KateGeorge, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Cairns, responded to this review, 10 March 2012
Hello frequentflyer186338,

Thank you for posting your feedback.

It's great to see that you are taking advantage of our Priority Club Rewards program.

I'm glad you enjoyed your complimentary upgrade, the views from our Ocean View rooms are stunning.

I hope we were able to redeem your opinion of Cairns and that you continue to choose Holiday Inn on your travels.

Delhi
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2012

The hotel has an excellent location and I found the reception staff to be very courteous and friendly. Special mention to a lady named Jagoda at the reception. She greeted my family very well and was full of information, answered all my questions and guided me towards having a memorable stay. Full marks to the room too.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
Hello dabbu_1Delhi,

Thank you for posting your feedback.

I will be passing your comment on to Jagoda, it's great to see our staff being recognised.

I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and we hope to welcome you back to Holiday Inn Cairns again soon.

Cairns, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2012

We stayed at the Holiday Inn for one night so we could go for a meal on the esplanade for our wedding anniversary, we mentioned this when we checked and were offered a 'good room' - 4th floor with great views over the water - Fantastic!!!
The location of the hotel is great, you're only a 2 minute walk to nearby restaurants yet far enough away from the hustle so there's not a lot of noise.
After we checked in we went for a walk and when we returned there was a bottle of bubbly and a box of chocolates in our room - a lovely touch.
The bed was extremely comfortable, the room clean and the facilities great.
We ate breakfast in the restaurant and it was one of the best buffet breakfasts we've ever had (and we're well travelled!!).
A great stay and great service!!!

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jlsween
Hello jlsween,

Thank you for positng your comments on trip advisor.

It's always great to get good comments from seasoned travellers.

I will be sharing your feedback with our team here. We love giving our guests a memorable stay.

Please come visit us again soon.

Cairns, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2012

The Holiday Inn was a brilliant place to stay. We were so disheartened with the Bellview hotel in Cairns so we left and went to the Holiday Inn which was by recommendation. Yes they were more expensive, but so worth it. The duty manager couldnt have been more helpful. He along with other staff were awesome. The room was the lower budget, yet it was superb, beautiful, spacious, modern and CLEAN.. The buffet breakfast was delicious and so much variety. The pool was awesome and inviting and the environment was just beautiful. The location was also excellent as it is right opposite the water. i would recommend the Holiday Inn any time to anyone. As I say it was more expensive, however soooo much more worth it than the Bellview Hotel..

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
Hello nothappyjan1,

Thank you for posting your feedback.

I hope we were able to turn you into happyjan1 after your less than satisfactory stay at another Cairns establishment.

I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I will be sharing your great comments with our team.

Should you travel this way again don't hesitate to come and see us.

Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2012

I wasn't sure when I booked this hotel if the accommodations would be acceptable but I was very surprised. We arrived very early and the front desk provided us with our room immediately. She also gave us drink vouchers for later in the evening. The tour desk operator was very friendly and assisted us in booking our tour to the Reef. The rooms were clean.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
KateGeorge, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Cairns, responded to this review, 2 March 2012
Hello Nonstop4,

Thank you for positng your feedback.

I'm gald you enjoyed your stay with us. I'll be sharing you comments with our front desk and tour desk teams.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Holiday Inn Cairns soon.

Hervey Bay
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2012

This property has some nice touches that overcame what for me, was a less than ideal room (right next to lift at back of property with no view). The desk staff were quite friendly and efficient. The things I enjoyed included a very well priced buffet breakfast with a great range of healthy and other options. Including a juicer with a variety of vegetables and fruit to juice. I enjoyed the small gym. The location was quite good. I used the business centre facilities which were convenient. Also the bedding and pillows were exceptional. A nice stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the esplanade side if possible, the view would be lovely.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Hello PlasteredDuck,

Thank you for posting you feedback.

Our Ocean View rooms can be very popular. If you wish to have a room with an ocean view I would recommend booking an Ocean View room to avoid disappointment on arrival.

I will be passing on your comments to our font office and food and beverage teams. It's always great to receive positive feedback.