Hilton Cairns
US$112
  • Restaurant
US$141
  • Pool
Cairns Plaza Hotel(Cairns)(Great Value!)
US$92
US$71
Agoda.com
Reef Palms(Cairns)(Great Value!)
US$106
US$85
Agoda.com
Mantra Esplanade Cairns(Cairns)(Great Value!)
US$120
US$97
US$78
2,427 results
All reviewsthe executive loungespa roomtrinity inletthe great barrier reefwater viewbuffet breakfasttour deskan upgradeport douglasfantastic locationreef terminalmondogemmabalconyesplanadecasinoconcierge
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 May 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Cairns Hilton for three nights in March 2012 as part of a Monograms Tours, on an independent travelers' itinerary.

All staff that we had contact with were pleasant, courteous, and helpful. Our room which was a standard king bed room was adequate in terms of space, not spacious but not at all cramped. The room was spotlessly clean and maintained at that standard our whole stay. We didn't have the ocean view but could see water and the town from our room. The breakfast which was included in our package was terrific! The location is the best in Cairns. It is on the Esplanade, surrounded by restaurants, a casino next door and most everywhere in town you would want to go is within walking distance. Yet our room was VERY quiet, something I really appreciate in a hotel room. My only negative about the hotel is that it would be so much more attractive if the plants in the planters along the walkway balconies on each floor were live and flowering. All the plants look dead and that didn't add much to the ambiance. We found it interesting as this is the tropics where every plant seemed grow without much human effort. This is just a side observation and didn't take away from our very good stay at this hotel. We highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
HiltonCairns1, General Manager at Hilton Cairns, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2012

Dear Karlyn,

Thank you for the comprehensive review of Hilton Cairns on TripAdvisor. I’m very pleased to read that you’ve really enjoyed your stay here with us and found the location, room comforts and service of a high quality – it’s what we strive for of course. I note your comments on the internal walkway gardens – you’ve come just as we’re working on a full re-vamp of the gardens and they’re looking brighter by the day. I hope we can welcome you back again when next you travel our way.

Reviewed 2 May 2012

The Hilton Hotel in Cairns offers great service and fantstic rooms that offer generous king size beds, pillow menu and much more. Would stay there again. Got a great price and was one of the better have stayed at especially for the cost.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank GenG_12

Dear Gen G,

Thank you for your TripAdvisor comments for Hilton Cairns. You’ve been very complimentary and we really appreciate the feedback. The rooms were fully renovated last year and our guests have consistently agreed they’re very comfortable and in great shape – I’m glad you agree. I hope you can make another trip North sometime soon and enjoy some more Hilton hospitality.

Reviewed 28 April 2012

Actually stayed October 2010 (apologies for late review). For our stay this place ticked all the boxes down to an art. Clean, relaxing, comfortable, close to everything and great staff. We had the perfect weekend away! A fantastic place and we are excited to come back soon to see the refurb!

Stayed: October 2011
HiltonCairns1, General Manager at Hilton Cairns, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2012

Dear Nathaen,

Thank you for the review of Hilton Cairns. There have been many changes since you last visited! We completed a full accommodation refurbishment in 2011 and the hotel’s looking great. What hasn’t changed is the dedicated team of service professionals who work here and focus on ensuring our guest stays are memorable and relaxing. I hope we can welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 27 April 2012

This hotel lives up to the Hilton name. What I liked about this hotel is the proximity to the strand and most shops. Short walk into the mall.

Room Tip: Higher floors better view.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank JaneLamb

Dear traveller,

Thank you for the review of Hilton Cairns via TripAdvisor. I’m very pleased to read that you’ve enjoyed your stay with us, making reference to the standard of accommodation and the hotel’s great location. I see you’re a long way from home but hope that we can welcome you back on your next trip to Australia.

Reviewed 27 April 2012

My husband and I stayed here with our 10 year old for a week. Great location - walk to town, walk to the pier for all the Reef trips, etc. Great staff. Comfy room, with a superb view and balcony from the 9th floor. Hanuman restaurant also great. We upgraded to the exec room so we could have access to the exec lounge for breakfast and afternoon drinks - well worth it. And the staff there was also outstanding.
My only gripe was the "hot" tub at the pool. It was NEVER hot and the jets worked about 65% of the time. I complained and they responded, 3 times, but when I finally met the "engineer," he asserted that the correct temp was 34C (about 93F). Ridiculous. Recommended hot tub temp is 39C (about 102F with 40C/104F recommended top). Other than this minor disappointment, (which as you can see is a big deal for me) the hotel was excellent.

Room Tip: Get the upgrade for the view and the exec lounge.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family

Dear Annie,

Thank you for taking the time to review Hilton Cairns via TripAdvisor. It’s great to read that you’ve enjoyed your stay overall and I do apologise for the problems with the Spa – I will ensure the temperature is reviewed and re-set as needed. The Executive Floor is a great option for travellers and I’m pleased you’ve enjoyed the additional services available. I hope we can welcome you back to the Tropical North on your next visit to Australia.