2,547 results
All reviews the executive lounge spa room trinity inlet the great barrier reef water view buffet breakfast tour desk an upgrade port douglas fantastic location reef terminal mondo gemma balcony esplanade casino concierge
Reviewed September 12, 2018

First, I am a Diamond member with Hilton and travel for work at least 20-30 weeks a year, I see a lot of Hilton properties. We were in Cairns for a few nights with a mixed bag of things we wanted to do. The stay was excellent from check-in to check-out. This trip was simply pleasure as my wife never gets to go on trips or vacations so I wanted to make sure she had a great time. The staff was very friendly and informative. They took our bags for us and ran them up to our room as we checked in. The room was perfect for what we expected and had a stellar view from our balcony (get a river view room, it is worth it). The staff in the executive lounge were so friendly and willing to help us with any from drink requests we hand to bringing our toast over after it was done. We didn't spend any time at the pool or fitness center (we swam in the reef instead). The hotel is VERY close to several very nice and delicious restaurants and various shops right there off the square. Not to mention you are right next to the marina where most reef adventures depart from so there is no need to worry about getting to the dock. You can walk to most things there in town, or they can help you with a taxi or Uber. On our final day we were going to be getting back to the hotel a little later than check out was supposed to be, but they were very helpful and understanding with allowing us to get a late check out so we could shower before we had to get on a flight out that evening (perks of being a Diamond member I am sure). We will come back to this property next time we are in town with no hesitation. I would strongly recommend this hotel to anyone looking to spend time in Cairns.

Room Tip: If you want a water view room, it is worth it!
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
GM_HI_Cairns, General Manager at Hilton Cairns, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Dear RussDizzle,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us via Tripadvisor.

I am delighted to hear how much you enjoyed your stay at Hilton Cairns and we value your loyalty as a Diamond Hilton Honors member. I have a great team working with me here at the hotel and I am pleased to hear of how well they treated you and your wife during your stay. The team strive to deliver exceptional experiences to each and every guest and again I'm pleased that this was your experience.
As you mentioned we are situated right on the water so we offer stunning views out over Trinity Inlet. Our water view rooms are highly sought after and many of our guests highly recommend them.

Thank you again for your positive comments and I hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed September 10, 2018

On arrival, we had a very warm welcome at the reception desk.
We had booked a King Deluxe room, and had a splendid waterfront view over Trinity Inlet from the balcony of our 7th floor room. We were out and about on most days of our stay, exploring the rainforest and Great Barrier Reef ... But when we did have time in the room, we enjoyed seeing boats of all types and sizes (including some cruise ships) coming and going, and parrots in the palm trees!
The room was a good size, clean, and equipped with all the usual amenities you would expect in a hotel of this class. There were particularly nice Crabtree & Evelyn toiletries provided. There were two bottles of complimentary mineral water on arrival, which I always appreciate.
We were disturbed on one night of our stay by a lot of noise that was external to the hotel, but apart from that we found it suitably peaceful.
We were on a breakfast-inclusive package, and the buffet breakfast was excellent, with a great variety catering for all preferences. Omelettes were cooked to order. Brendan and his staff were always welcoming and cheerful.
We had just one evening meal in one of the hotel's restaurants, about which I have written a separate review.
There is a tour desk in the reception area, and the staff member here was very helpful in recommending and booking some excellent trips for us.
The location of the hotel is convenient for the quay where boat trips depart, and for numerous restaurants within a very short walking distance.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
GM_HI_Cairns, General Manager at Hilton Cairns, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2018

Dear MrsFuzzyBear,

Thank you for sharing your wonderful feedback with us online.

I am delighted to hear your positive comments and I'm so pleased that you found the room to be of a good size and very comfortable. As we are situated directly on the water front we offer stunning views overlooking Trinity Inlet right from your very own balcony. Many of our guests comment on the parrots that come to feed on the trees outside the room balconies. It is lovely to see the local wildlife up close and personal without stepping outside of your room.

Thank you again for your feedback and I shall be sharing your comments with the team as I know they will be delighted to hear them. I hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed September 9, 2018

Spent a week at this hotel for a vacation recently to visit the Great Barrier Reef (via Fitzroy Island).

The hotel itself is well located - positioned on the Esplanade along the water front and near some very nice restaurants with a variety of cuisines.

The amenities are nice as well. Large pool + hot tub. Good fitness center - not tons of equipment but has enough to facilitate some nice workouts during your stay. The lounge is not huge but it is nice and has a wide selection of foods during breakfast and canapes at evening. The lounge also offers the option to sit on an outside balcony over looking the city.

The staff at this hotel is outstanding and works incredibly hard. The lounge staff does an amazing job and is accommodating and very quick with service. The concierge team all had great restaurant recommendations when asked - including some local hole-in-the-wall type places. The Front Desk staff was so hopeful in making sure my stay started properly and that any needs I had during the stay were satisfied.

Room Tip: Ask for room with view of the water
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo

Dear FairFeedbackAlways,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us based on your recent stay.

I am delighted to hear that you had such an enjoyable stay and found our location to be ideal especially as we are only a few minutes walk away from the Reef Fleet Terminal where all the boats depart for the Great Barrier Reef. We have a great team working at Hilton Cairns and our team in the Executive Lounge always receives fantastic reviews. One aspect in particular that many guests regard as a must see while staying in house is the nightly display of flying foxes coming out of their roost in search of food. Our Executive Lounge offers the best views to witness this amazing sight and I hope that you were able to witness this in person.

Thank you again for your positive comments and I hope to welcome you back again in the future.

Reviewed September 9, 2018

I was so excited about booking the Executive Spa Suite and was looking forward to my stay for many weeks. However, once arrived I was checked into the most disappointing Suites I have ever experienced. The Hilton Cairns website has photos of absolute waterfront views from this suite but the room I had only had views to the hotel opposite and over the city - no waterfront views at all. The photos are completing misleading. The description and fine-print on the site say "60sq. m. corner suite, panoramic views, Executive Lounge access, spa facilities, living area. Marvel at the panoramic views of the city, mountains or Inlet from this spacious corner suite." This is tricky language and in my opinion, combined with the pictures are designed to deceive.

As you can imagine these suites do not come cheap and I was not happy whatsoever. I phoned the manager and he was apologetic but could not do anything, there was no way he could change my room.

A few hours later I get a call from another manager and he offers to change my room to the as advertised suite on the next day, and again an hour after that, I get another call saying that the hotel will halve the rate for my first-night stay. I am very grateful for the effort to make this better but had the hotel been full or the suites all taken then there was no chance of a remedy to the misleading nature of the advertising and I would have been well and truly disappointed.

My advice to people staying at this hotel is to take extra care when ready the room description and make doubly sure you are getting what you are being led to believe you will get especially if you are booking a suite or if you think that you are booking a water view.

Having said all of that this is a nice hotel with great service in a superb location. The gym is not the best as it lacks much equipment. A benefit of the suites at least is the full coffee machine, not sure if it is in most rooms.

If the Hilton team are reading this review then you all really must do something better abut the description of the Spa Suites and to explain to customers that one of those suites is clearly inferior to the waterfront suites.

Room Tip: Make sure you specify directly in your booking that if you have booked getting a waterfront room that you do in fact get a waterfront room
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank CJK911

Dear CJK911

Thank you for taking the time to share you feedback with us online.

I am pleased to read that overall you enjoyed your stay, however I can understand your disappointment with your room and associated views given your expectations from the description and photos online and the high rate. I have shared your comments with our Marketing Coordinator to review our online content and ensure that the current photos align with each room type and their outlook whether that be city view or water view. We certainly do not wish to mislead our guests and want you to be able to make an informed choice when booking your room type online. I apologise that your expectations were not met initially however I'm glad that our team were able "make it right' in the end.

I hope to welcome you back again in the future.

Reviewed September 5, 2018

Was there last week with my partner who on biz trip. The hotel is nicely located with nice water front view. The reception staff were really efficient checking in guests. Our room is on the top floor where the executive lounge located. The room is really spacious with a pod coffee machine (love it). The shower room is furnished with all the essentials and they were top up daily. Breakfast for use can be at the executive lounge or the restaurant at the lobby. The spread at the breakfast was really Yummy!!! Love the fresh fruit juicer.
The pool is a relief after a hot day at the esplanade or day tour. There is a bar at the pool area too. The location of the hotel is really good with water front restaurants along the waterfront with easy access through the side door. I really enjoy my stay at Hilton Cairns

Stayed: August 2018
GM_HI_Cairns, General Manager at Hilton Cairns, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2018

Dear Randy T,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us based on your recent at Hilton Cairns.

I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay in one of our Executive Rooms on the 9th floor. Our Executive Lounge is the perfect place to either start your day with our breakfast offerings or end it with a quite drink overlooking the city of Cairns. Many of our guests love sitting in the Lounge of an evening to take in the nightly display of flying foxes coming out to forage for food. It is a sight unique to Cairns and one not to be missed!