2,578 results
All reviews the executive lounge spa room trinity inlet the great barrier reef water view buffet breakfast tour desk reef fleet terminal an upgrade port douglas fantastic location visit cairns mondo gemma balcony esplanade casino
Reviewed September 14, 2018

The hotel is located by the Marina. This made it very convenient for our day trip to the Great barrier reef. The location also means that you are just a few minutes walk from the many restaurants that are located on the marina's boardwalk. We also ate lunch at the hotel and the food was good and very reasonably priced. We had a lovely water view from our room and could see the boats in the marina. It was very relaxing to sit on our balcony with a glass of wine and enjoy the view of the water and boats. The staff we interacted with were all very helpful and service orinted. We would definitely stay here again if we visit Cairns in the future.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
1  Thank beachbabe1000
GM_HI_Cairns, General Manager at Hilton Cairns, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2018

Dear Beachbabe1000,

Thank you for taking the time to submit your feedback with us online.

I was so pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay in one of our highly sought after water view rooms. As we are situated right on the water front we offer simply stunning views over the Marina and Trinity Inlet and I'm pleased that you were able to relax on your private balcony and take in the serenity. As you mentioned we are situated close to many quality restaurants, cafes and shops making Hilton Cairns the perfect place to base yourself to enjoy all that Cairns has to offer.

I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed September 12, 2018

Not a bad stay at The Hilton Cairns, but the facility is needing a refurbishment/freshen up. There are many new offerings in town now and being completed so The Hilton will quickly be left behind. The price we paid did indicate a competitive stance already. Room was clean but as mentioned carpets/walls worn and bathroom dated with shower in the bath. Staff were helpful and engaging, complimentary wifi was problematic connecting and with enough "grunt" to be termed acceptable. Needed assistance at the front desk to connect my laptop and iPhone. Kept dropping changing from guest to meetings.... Well located to restaurants, the City and walks. A complimentary drink voucher was a nice touch and appreciated. valet parking also efficient.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
GM_HI_Cairns, General Manager at Hilton Cairns, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2018

Dear Craig,

Thank you for taking the time to submit your feedback online.

I am so pleased overall you enjoyed your stay in particular the central location of the hotel. We are only a short walk to many quality restaurants, cafes and shops and of course the Reef Fleet Terminal where all the boats depart for the Great Barrier Reef. Our water front location also means we offer stunning views out over Trinity Inlet.

Thank you for your positive feedback regarding our high standards of service and I appreciate your honest comments in regards to your room and the condition of the hotel. We value your comments and use them to ensure our standards are maintained, if not improved upon.

I do hope to welcome you back again in the future.

Reviewed September 12, 2018

First, I am a Diamond member with Hilton and travel for work at least 20-30 weeks a year, I see a lot of Hilton properties. We were in Cairns for a few nights with a mixed bag of things we wanted to do. The stay was excellent from check-in to check-out. This trip was simply pleasure as my wife never gets to go on trips or vacations so I wanted to make sure she had a great time. The staff was very friendly and informative. They took our bags for us and ran them up to our room as we checked in. The room was perfect for what we expected and had a stellar view from our balcony (get a river view room, it is worth it). The staff in the executive lounge were so friendly and willing to help us with any from drink requests we hand to bringing our toast over after it was done. We didn't spend any time at the pool or fitness center (we swam in the reef instead). The hotel is VERY close to several very nice and delicious restaurants and various shops right there off the square. Not to mention you are right next to the marina where most reef adventures depart from so there is no need to worry about getting to the dock. You can walk to most things there in town, or they can help you with a taxi or Uber. On our final day we were going to be getting back to the hotel a little later than check out was supposed to be, but they were very helpful and understanding with allowing us to get a late check out so we could shower before we had to get on a flight out that evening (perks of being a Diamond member I am sure). We will come back to this property next time we are in town with no hesitation. I would strongly recommend this hotel to anyone looking to spend time in Cairns.

Room tip: If you want a water view room, it is worth it!
2  Thank RussDizzle

Dear RussDizzle,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us via Tripadvisor.

I am delighted to hear how much you enjoyed your stay at Hilton Cairns and we value your loyalty as a Diamond Hilton Honors member. I have a great team working with me here at the hotel and I am pleased to hear of how well they treated you and your wife during your stay. The team strive to deliver exceptional experiences to each and every guest and again I'm pleased that this was your experience.
As you mentioned we are situated right on the water so we offer stunning views out over Trinity Inlet. Our water view rooms are highly sought after and many of our guests highly recommend them.

Thank you again for your positive comments and I hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed September 10, 2018

On arrival, we had a very warm welcome at the reception desk.
We had booked a King Deluxe room, and had a splendid waterfront view over Trinity Inlet from the balcony of our 7th floor room. We were out and about on most days of our stay, exploring the rainforest and Great Barrier Reef ... But when we did have time in the room, we enjoyed seeing boats of all types and sizes (including some cruise ships) coming and going, and parrots in the palm trees!
The room was a good size, clean, and equipped with all the usual amenities you would expect in a hotel of this class. There were particularly nice Crabtree & Evelyn toiletries provided. There were two bottles of complimentary mineral water on arrival, which I always appreciate.
We were disturbed on one night of our stay by a lot of noise that was external to the hotel, but apart from that we found it suitably peaceful.
We were on a breakfast-inclusive package, and the buffet breakfast was excellent, with a great variety catering for all preferences. Omelettes were cooked to order. Brendan and his staff were always welcoming and cheerful.
We had just one evening meal in one of the hotel's restaurants, about which I have written a separate review.
There is a tour desk in the reception area, and the staff member here was very helpful in recommending and booking some excellent trips for us.
The location of the hotel is convenient for the quay where boat trips depart, and for numerous restaurants within a very short walking distance.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
GM_HI_Cairns, General Manager at Hilton Cairns, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2018

Dear MrsFuzzyBear,

Thank you for sharing your wonderful feedback with us online.

I am delighted to hear your positive comments and I'm so pleased that you found the room to be of a good size and very comfortable. As we are situated directly on the water front we offer stunning views overlooking Trinity Inlet right from your very own balcony. Many of our guests comment on the parrots that come to feed on the trees outside the room balconies. It is lovely to see the local wildlife up close and personal without stepping outside of your room.

Thank you again for your feedback and I shall be sharing your comments with the team as I know they will be delighted to hear them. I hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed September 9, 2018

Spent a week at this hotel for a vacation recently to visit the Great Barrier Reef (via Fitzroy Island).

The hotel itself is well located - positioned on the Esplanade along the water front and near some very nice restaurants with a variety of cuisines.

The amenities are nice as well. Large pool + hot tub. Good fitness center - not tons of equipment but has enough to facilitate some nice workouts during your stay. The lounge is not huge but it is nice and has a wide selection of foods during breakfast and canapes at evening. The lounge also offers the option to sit on an outside balcony over looking the city.

The staff at this hotel is outstanding and works incredibly hard. The lounge staff does an amazing job and is accommodating and very quick with service. The concierge team all had great restaurant recommendations when asked - including some local hole-in-the-wall type places. The Front Desk staff was so hopeful in making sure my stay started properly and that any needs I had during the stay were satisfied.

Room tip: Ask for room with view of the water
Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo

Dear FairFeedbackAlways,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us based on your recent stay.

I am delighted to hear that you had such an enjoyable stay and found our location to be ideal especially as we are only a few minutes walk away from the Reef Fleet Terminal where all the boats depart for the Great Barrier Reef. We have a great team working at Hilton Cairns and our team in the Executive Lounge always receives fantastic reviews. One aspect in particular that many guests regard as a must see while staying in house is the nightly display of flying foxes coming out of their roost in search of food. Our Executive Lounge offers the best views to witness this amazing sight and I hope that you were able to witness this in person.

Thank you again for your positive comments and I hope to welcome you back again in the future.