All reviewsshopping centresmall shoppinga pool view roomshuttle busroad noisehire carbus servicesized bedlarge poolgreat poolbit datedstayed nightsvisiting cairnspoolsauwoolworthstours
Reviewed May 21, 2015 via mobile

A colleague and I paid $315 (£170) for 7 days in May.

I was out at 0700 everyday until 1630 do full board was not an issue for me.

The room was a standard room with ensuite and the normal basics such as TV and phone.

The hotel did do breakfast but at $15 ( discounted ) I thought it a bit steep.
Unfortunatley the hotel does not have a restaurant but has a sister restaurant in town. Not a problem if you intend to eat out but if you wsnt all inclusive this is not the hotel for you.

The staff are friendly and helpful and if you all you want is a place to hang your head this is the hotel for you.

There are loads of trips to book onto that pick you up from the lobby or you can chill out next to the pool or the spa.

A nice cheap hotel but dont book on line, phone them and get a better rate. I enjoyed my stay the only thing missing in the room is tea and coffee.....every hotel should do free tea and coffee.

Stayed: May 2015, travelled solo
damian l, General Manager at Palm Royale Cairns, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2015

Dear Simon,

Thank you for your review, it is much appreciated.

I will pass on your good words about our friendly staff and thank you for acknowledging that Palm Royale Cairns is good value for money. All our rooms are equipped with tea and coffee making facility and are kept in the cupboard.

Once again, thank you for your time in writing this feedback.

Reviewed May 17, 2015

My partner and I spent 4 nights at the hotel, the first night was for one night on;y, the room was a little tired and the bed uncomfortable. We went to Townsville and came back after 10 days and decided to give them another try, we were very pleased, we were given an upgrade, the room overlooked the pool, the bed super comfy and it had a bath.
The staff were very helpful but I must say a big thanks to Mark the afternoon manager, hes very friendly and very helpful.
I would certainly stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your feedback following your recent stay at Palm Royale Cairns. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you were looked after by our friendly staff. I will definitely pass on your good words to them especially Mark, one of our friendly Duty Managers.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Cairns.

Best regards and safe travels.

Reviewed May 7, 2015

We spent our last night in Cairns here before flying home the next day. On arriving in our 3rd floor room, we were concerned that the entrance door faced a 4 lane highway and there was a fair bit of traffic. It was peak hour and it did settle down later in the evening. The room was small, but adequate, but when I sat on the side of our king bed, I was nearly touching the floor. The mattress and bed base might have been good once, but now it was so worn there was no 'umph' left in it. Probably 10 or more years past its used by date. It was saggy in the middle and the padding in the mattress was gone. When you turned over you could hear (and feel) the springs grinding together. The room was reasonably clean but everything was tired and many things were broken - handles on cupboards, missing hook on bathroom door, all the vanity doors were swollen and chipped, fan was rattling and air-cond noisy - overall, very depressing with an air of neglect and decay. At 5am I was woken to the sound of the early morning traffic starting up on the 4 lane highway. The photos on the website so not live up to the reality.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jen G
damian l, General Manager at Palm Royale Cairns, responded to this reviewResponded May 11, 2015

Dear Jen G,

Thank you very much for writing this feedback. We are planning to do some necessary maintenance to the property which should address your concerns. Unfortunately, the 4 lane street at the side of the property does get busy, our Front Desk staff would have been only too happy to move you to another room if you have requested.

Reviewed April 23, 2015

The price was the reason I selected this Hotel for 3 people for 2 nights as it seemed to good a deal to refuse - I wish I had read the reviews before I selected this.

The room was certainly one star, with an old CRT TV (LCD/LED TV's are only $250) and only analogue programs available. There was wire sticking out of the single bed my daughter sat on and the 3 single mattresses remind me of my childhood with banana mattresses and in this day and ago, no support. Beds on rollers on tiled floors certainly are not enticing!

The air conditioner has to have been the noisest I have ever encountered and the overhead fan certainly didnt help with the squeaking.

I returned to Reception to advise the state of the room, and Malvin certainly was accommodating to show me another room - the only difference it had a very small LCD TV but was on the corner of the property at the major intersection of a road and a very small room for 3 people. We elected to stay in the room we were assigned and as I had booked for 2 days, the Hotel very kindly agreed to refund the second night.

On check out, the AM receptionist Sonsri, was very cold and unfriendly and certainly would not leave you with a good feeling about this hotel.

To Eddie in Reservations, and Malvin on Reception, thank you for you efforts in resolving this issue, but you certainly need to fix this Hotel. The crumbling state of the façades, the lift that seems to break upon entering, the cheap rooms that you class as 4 star, and the overall appearance of this hotel leaves a lot to be desired.

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled with family
3  Thank LeeIrvinParkManager
damian l, General Manager at Palm Royale Cairns, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2015

Dear Lee,

Thank you for your feedback. My apology that you did not enjoy your stay at Palm Royal Cairns. We are planning to carry out some essential maintenance work soon that will address your concerns. I will definitely pass on your good words to Malvin and Reggie (of Reservations, not Eddie) and will address the issue with the unfriendly staff.

Appreciate the time spent in writing this feedback.

Reviewed April 3, 2015 via mobile

My family, wife, two teen boys and I did a recce trip from our home in Townsville to check out nice places to camp along the coast to Cairns

We picked the Palm Royale from the net as it looked quite nuce and was reasonably priced

On arrival, the place looks like it needs a lick of paint and some TLC, but the service at the desk was fast and easy. We thought there was a mistake though, as our 'family' room was huge. It was actually two romms, not the squashy single we expected. It was very clean, neat and tidy with two small fridges, twi tvs and plenty of space. The pool areas are great.

The breakfast cafe was good value, although a little worse for wear.
Overall, a very pleasant experience. Hard to beat for the $

Stayed: April 2015

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your review, appreciate the time spent in writing this feedback. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Palm Royale Cairns and that you got good value for your money. I will pass on your good words to our Front Desk staff for the fast service and to our housekeeping team for your clean rooms. It is positive comments like this that encourage the staff to do their work well.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Cairns.