All reviews shopping centre small shopping across the road pool view shuttle bus hire car bus service great pool sized bed bit dated pleasant stay visiting cairns stayed nights pools 6km au onsite
Reviewed May 28, 2015 via mobile

The place was aging, staff were friendly. Close to shops , short drive from city centre. Room and pool area clean. Our only complaint were the beds. Very uncomfortable, very worn out. Sloped to one side, springs sticking out. The price was reasonable.

Date of stay: May 2015
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Susan R
damian l, General Manager at Palm Royale Cairns, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2015

Dear Susan R,

Thank you for your review, it is appreciated as it helps us improve on our standards. I will pass on your goods words about the "friendly staff " to the team. I have taken note of your comment about the bed, although our front office staff would only be too happy to rectify the issue during your stay, if informed.

I would also like to thank you for mentioning that our prices are reasonable, we believe the hotel is value for your money.

Reviewed May 27, 2015

Just got back today from the Palm royal after two weeks stay in room 1346 .I cannot wait to return.great views great room .great staff. GREAT FOOD. Also like to mention Iberham Mohammed in the main food area .made sure everything was ok everyday.

Room tip: Might book direct next time
1  Thank jetemiah l

Dear Jetemiah,

Thank you very much for your good review, we appreciate the time you spent in writing this feedback. I will definitely pass your good review to the team, it is feedback like this that motivates the staff to enjoy their work and do it well.

Best regards,

Reviewed May 21, 2015 via mobile

A colleague and I paid $315 (£170) for 7 days in May.

I was out at 0700 everyday until 1630 do full board was not an issue for me.

The room was a standard room with ensuite and the normal basics such as TV and phone.

The hotel did do breakfast but at $15 ( discounted ) I thought it a bit steep.
Unfortunatley the hotel does not have a restaurant but has a sister restaurant in town. Not a problem if you intend to eat out but if you wsnt all inclusive this is not the hotel for you.

The staff are friendly and helpful and if you all you want is a place to hang your head this is the hotel for you.

There are loads of trips to book onto that pick you up from the lobby or you can chill out next to the pool or the spa.

A nice cheap hotel but dont book on line, phone them and get a better rate. I enjoyed my stay the only thing missing in the room is tea and coffee.....every hotel should do free tea and coffee.

Trip type: Travelled solo
damian l, General Manager at Palm Royale Cairns, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2015

Dear Simon,

Thank you for your review, it is much appreciated.

I will pass on your good words about our friendly staff and thank you for acknowledging that Palm Royale Cairns is good value for money. All our rooms are equipped with tea and coffee making facility and are kept in the cupboard.

Once again, thank you for your time in writing this feedback.

Reviewed May 17, 2015

My partner and I spent 4 nights at the hotel, the first night was for one night on;y, the room was a little tired and the bed uncomfortable. We went to Townsville and came back after 10 days and decided to give them another try, we were very pleased, we were given an upgrade, the room overlooked the pool, the bed super comfy and it had a bath.
The staff were very helpful but I must say a big thanks to Mark the afternoon manager, hes very friendly and very helpful.
I would certainly stay there again.

Date of stay: April 2015

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your feedback following your recent stay at Palm Royale Cairns. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you were looked after by our friendly staff. I will definitely pass on your good words to them especially Mark, one of our friendly Duty Managers.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Cairns.

Best regards and safe travels.

Reviewed May 7, 2015

We spent our last night in Cairns here before flying home the next day. On arriving in our 3rd floor room, we were concerned that the entrance door faced a 4 lane highway and there was a fair bit of traffic. It was peak hour and it did settle down later in the evening. The room was small, but adequate, but when I sat on the side of our king bed, I was nearly touching the floor. The mattress and bed base might have been good once, but now it was so worn there was no 'umph' left in it. Probably 10 or more years past its used by date. It was saggy in the middle and the padding in the mattress was gone. When you turned over you could hear (and feel) the springs grinding together. The room was reasonably clean but everything was tired and many things were broken - handles on cupboards, missing hook on bathroom door, all the vanity doors were swollen and chipped, fan was rattling and air-cond noisy - overall, very depressing with an air of neglect and decay. At 5am I was woken to the sound of the early morning traffic starting up on the 4 lane highway. The photos on the website so not live up to the reality.

1  Thank Jen G
damian l, General Manager at Palm Royale Cairns, responded to this reviewResponded May 11, 2015

Dear Jen G,

Thank you very much for writing this feedback. We are planning to do some necessary maintenance to the property which should address your concerns. Unfortunately, the 4 lane street at the side of the property does get busy, our Front Desk staff would have been only too happy to move you to another room if you have requested.