2,482 results
All reviews seafood buffet across the road lobby bar pool deck harbour view accor member rooms are large room service two double beds tour desk port douglas the great barrier reef casino cocos concierge gym conference
Reviewed June 24, 2016

The location was the best thing about this hotel. The lobby is breathtaking and very grand, but that's where the praise ends. First thing I noticed upon entering our room (812) was an awful stale musty smell, I thought it would go away after we'd opened up, but it stayed and by the 2nd day I bought Glen20 to sort it out, but it only masked. The air con is very noisy and not terribly efficient. Service was mediocre, but a big shout goes to housekeeping and Scott on the tour desk. Breakfast was ok, ours was included, but definitely not worth the $35 they ask. Overall is was good, but it was the location that made it, nothing else.

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Paul M, General Manager at Pullman Cairns International, responded to this reviewResponded June 30, 2016

Dear Marian B,

Thank you for taking the time to post a Trip Advisor review following your recent stay at Pullman Cairns International, I am sorry that the Hotel did not live up to your expectations please accept my apologies.

I will share your comments with Scott and the Housekeeping Team as I am certain that they will be very happy to be recognised.

If you are travelling back to Cairns in the future Marian B my Team and I would love you to give us another try in order for us to restore your faith in Pullman Cairns International.

Reviewed June 23, 2016

We stayed for 6 days. It was like we went back in time - colonial times. The hotel has nice foyer but the rest of the hotel has been decaying off. Not helpful staff and the breakfast was low quality (not for 5* star hotel at all). Overall it was disappointment.

1  Thank martinmcz
Leissa P, Guest Relations Manager at Pullman Cairns International, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2016

Hi martinmcz
Thank you for your review, we appreciate you taking the opportunity to provide us with feedback on your stay. I am sorry that your stay did not meet expectation, please accept my sincerest apologies. We are currently in the planning process of a refurbishment of the hotel which will give our rooms a fresh and updated look.
I am disappointed that our staff were not helpful through out your stay, it is unusual as we usually receive compliments regarding our team and how helpful and friendly they are. Please rest assured I will address your comments with them for future improvement.
Thank you once again for your feedback and we wish you all the best for your future travels.
Kind Regards
Leissa Prouchandy
Guest Experience & Loyalty Manager

Reviewed June 22, 2016

Our deluxe room on the 14th floor, was larger than average, with a balcony overlooking the inlet. Furnishings although a little dated, were comfortable, well maintained and fitted in with the ambience of the hotel.
All members of staff we encountered were friendly and efficient. Pre- stay emails were answered promptly and requests granted.
The buffet restaurant was a good choice for both breakfast and dinner, although there are many restaurants within easy walking distance, as is the Reef Terminal and supermarkets etc.
For those interested, standard LCAH benefits were offered.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank adenoz
Paul M, General Manager at Pullman Cairns International, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2016

Dear adenoz,

Thank you for writing a Trip Advisor post following your recent stay at Pullman Cairns International, I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us, as a valued Le Club AccorHotels loyalty member your feedback is very important to us.

Thank you for your comments, I was very pleased to read that all of the Team were very helpful, from Reservations prior to your arrival to the Food & Beverage team at Breakfast.

Thank you again adenoz and I hope to welcome you back to the Hotel in the near future.

Reviewed June 22, 2016 via mobile

We stayed twice during our time in Cairns (before and after a live aboard). First off the staff here is excellent. Friendly and helpful. Our room was ready early and they stored our luggage for us while on the liveaboard. The included buffet breakfast was good and had lots of selection. The location of the hotel is convenient and is walkable to the main esplanade and pier. The rooms unfortunately did not reflect a 5-star hotel. The first room had a strong musty smell when we entered. Not exactly a great first impression. It did go away once the A/C was turned on and patio door opened. Some of the furniture/fixtures in both rooms were in bad repair (peeling tabletops, rusted bathroom fixtures, etc). Not sure when the hotel changed it name but the old hotel signage in the rooms remained. The rooms were clean though. The hotel will need a refurbishment before we would recommend it for any future stays.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Trilobite2006

Dear Trilobite2006,

Thank you for taking the time to write a Trip Advisor post following your recent stay at Pullman Cairns International it is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

I am glad to read that it was useful to leave your luggage with us whilst on the liveaboard and I am pleased that you enjoyed the delicious breakfast offering in Coco's.

At this stage I would like to share with you that the Hotel is commencing to plan for a refurbishment which will occur in the rooms and restaurant next 18 months.

Thank you again for your feedback Trilobite2006 and I hope to welcome you back to the Hotel in the future.

Reviewed June 22, 2016

The hotel is becoming very dated in the rooms.
We were placed near an elevator when we ask not to be and the door seals are none existent on the main room door so extremely noisy
the paint on the balcony rails is peeling badly
The restaurant had great food but staff co-ordination for clearing tables was terrible

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Leissa P, Guest Relations Manager at Pullman Cairns International, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2016

Hi chrisp001949
Thank you for your review, I am sorry that your stay was disappointing. Please accept my apologies for placing you near the elevators, please rest assured I will address this with my team. I am also disappointed that your dining experience was poor and I will address your comments with the team also.
Thank you once again for your review and we hope to welcome you back to the hotel again in the future,
Kind Regards