1,348 results
All reviews tennis courts a mountain view room family room seafood buffet pleasant walk minute walk an upgrade swim up bar room was large reception staff centre of town nice pool the great barrier reef esplanade gym playground australia
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Stayed recently and had a lovely 4 day stay. It's an older Hotel but couldn't fault it. Check in/out went smoothly, staff were helpful. We used the gym and the two swimming pools. Ate in the restaurant one night - chose the buffet which was had a great variety of food and all tasted delicious. We were on the 9th floor - had the best shower pressure and instant hot water. The air-con doesn't have a control - to sleep we chose to turn it off and sleep with sliding door open a little bit. We had an enjoyable stay.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
andrew W, General Manager at Rydges Esplanade Resort Cairns, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear gebb25,

Thank you for such a wonderful review. It was pleasing to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.
We trust that you enjoyed your overall time in Cairns and hope for an opportunity to welcome you back on your next visit.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I did not know that they now charge for parking. I could not see it on the booking page. I also did not check my booking and forgot to include the breakfast when I booked, so I very surprised in the morning. Prices have gone up.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Gail M,

My apologies for the frustrations experience during your recent stay with us.
If you do find yourself travelling to Cairns in the future please don't hesitate to get in touch as I would welcome the opportunity to make amends

General Manager..

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

After an initial setback on check in which was actually my fault, I ha a wonderful stay. my room was on the 8th floor and looked out over the ocean. Staff were amazing, nothing was too much trouble. I opted to go green and not have room cleaned daily and actually got rewarded for this. Bit away from centre of town but not far too walk, about 15 mins. The pier was a bit further but an enjoyable walk along the esplanade. Tea and coffee were supplied as soap, shampoo etc. Shower water pressure was awesome. I had only one complaint and that was there was an adjoining door to next room and unfortunately noisy people in that room(TV) Night buffet was reasonable price and was good but had curry first night and OMG so hot.but nice Also had a la carte menu. Breakfast choice full breakfast or continental and prices to suit. Actually found it very reasonable. I enjoyed every moment and would return there without hesitation.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo

Dear Georgina H,

Thank you for such a terrific review and for your personal recommendation. The team here will be thrilled to read that they played their part in ensuring you had an enjoyable stay and your comments will be very much appreciated.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

The facility is very dated but clean. Upon arrival the staff was friendly. I had multiple issues after check-in. Hotel room keys are by far the most sensitive keys I have ever used. They function on mag-stripe technology with very cheap cards causing them to be demagnetized extremely easily. Every time I returned to my room, I had to journey back down to the desk to get a card reissued.

The room was clean but extremely basic, no USB charging ports, etc. But worst off, no air conditioning control, simple on and off switch you cannot control temperature. If your room faces the hostel next door be ready for an all-night party. Screaming, music and everything you can imagine was heard through the windows and walls. If that isn't enough, there is construction in the building that starts in the early hours of the morning. Construction isn't listed anywhere online or at the desk. True bait and switch.

The staff lacked conflict resolution skills, I informed the front desk of the issues and all I got was ”it’s loud down here as well, sorry.”

Wouldn't recommend to anyone.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank Matthew M

Dear Matthew M,

Thank you for your feedback and my apologies for where we fell short of expectation. Our focus is vey much on providing a memorable stay to each and every one of our guests and its disappointing to read that we failed in this instance.
If you do find yourself travelling to Cairns in the future please get in touch with myself directly as I would welcome the opportunity to make amends.

Reviewed September 11, 2018 via mobile

The staff were amazing from the time we arrived until the minute we left, nothing was ever too hard. The hotel is located on the northern end of the city and it was great to walk some of the amazing food off before going to bed at night. Great value for money and would definitely stay again.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
andrew W, General Manager at Rydges Esplanade Resort Cairns, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Dear KimandFamily_5,

Thank you so much for the kind words. Our team works very hard to ensure our guests come away with a great experience and they will be delighted to know everything was to your liking.

We hope for an opportunity to welcome you back on your next trip to Cairns.