All reviews tower room plantation shutters colonial style tropical feel lovely tropical buffet breakfast instant coffee private balcony short walk location is great central location rooms are large port douglas stayed here for nights the great barrier reef nice pool esplanade
Reviewed August 26, 2018 via mobile

We stayed after arriving late before travelling the next day to Port Douglas. Great location, handy to everything and comfortable room. I thought it was a reasonable price and included breakfast. Our room was behind the Chinese restaurant where some kind of generator noise was very loud throughout the night.

Breakfast the next morning was not good. Lovely restaurant manager but the chef had no clue. Bacon was not cooked, requested eggs had to be done again etc.

I would stay again as long as I had a room nowhere near the restaurant and let’s hope breakfast improves.

Date of stay: August 2018
Reviewed August 22, 2018

There is free parking here, free wifi, clean room. You can pay extra for the breakfast which we did. It is a buffet with many items such has eggs, fresh fruit, pastries, tea, juice,... There are also some noodle dishes that I was not interested in, but others there were.

Pool was clean. The hot tub was not heated. I wish it had been for after a day on the great barrier reef it would hav felt nice.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 15, 2018

1st - Excellent location. Yes, it is not the Ritz, but price/performance was EXCELLENT & clean. The managers/owners were VERY accomodating. We were in town to go out on a 3 day live-aboard dive trip. Only stayed one night at hotel. They were so nice and offered to let us keep all our unneeded bags (many from a 6 week trip) at hotel, so we would not have to take on boat. Upon our return to pick up our bags, I left a $10,000 camera and lens sitting on counter and left. The next day I was frantic to retrace my steps where I could have left my camera! It finally dawned on me that I had gone to hotel. I called and they said Yes, we have that camera. There was no name on it and they had inquired their guests. We had checked out 4 days earlier and only stopped for a few minutes to pick up bags. so they had no clue it was mine. I had to force the manager to take a small reward. On my way out, I inquired for directions to laundromat. Manager said, oh just go in back and use ours. Another example of our wonderful stay in Australia. We love the people!

Date of stay: November 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed July 31, 2018 via mobile

The worst hotel in Cairns
Mould everywhere. Tap handles falling off
Cupboard doors missing
Toilet so close to bath that it was dangerous getting in for a shower and then the shower water went all over the floor
No safe in the room
Breakfast supplied at Chinese restaurant next door with uncooked bacon
Never go back

Date of stay: July 2018
Reviewed July 9, 2018 via mobile

Great place for short stay. Service great, staff great, room was dated but comfortable.
Unfortunately breakfast was not good. For a buffet breakfast the food was minimal and cold. It was 0915 and they were packing up around us. Advertised 7 to 10am buffet breakfast.

Date of stay: July 2018