All reviewstoilet paperbeds were comfortablekoalaslaptopreef
Reviewed January 15, 2018

I've never needed to complain or write a bad review for a hotel until now. This place was depressing and very rundown. The air condition was old and made a loud noise when in use. The kitchen and lounge area was bland and the entire room had no life. Advertised for free wifi but only had a specific area to access it. My family and I had to leave and book another hotel within an hour of staying here. I went to have a shower which had old mouldy tiles and afterwards went to use one of the towels that was rolled neatly on my bed to find black mouldy stains and rust stains on it. The towel smelt and looked like it was years old and should have been thrown at that stage. After demanding for a refund and rude customer service we ended up getting our money back that day which luckily helped us book a new hotel last minute. Wont stay at this place again and do not recommend.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank selinamay19
Reviewed December 6, 2017 via mobile

The first hostel ever that I have to complain about.
When I arrived and got into my dorm there was a terrible, weird smell in the room and bugs running on the dirty floor. There was a bin full of rubbish on the table. The fridge was disgusting and had bugs in it. The bathroom floor was full of scrap. There was nobody else staying in the dorm, and it looked like it hadn't been cleaned in weeks. After checking out the beds and noticing hair and stains on the sheets, I decided I'm never gonna sleep there. I went to the reception and told what's wrong with my room, but I didn't get an apology. The receptionist just asked if I wanted to leave or get another room, and didn't seem to be at all surprised of the condition of my dorm.
I got another dorm, which was better but still very bad. Only the rubbish on the floors and the weird smell were missing compared to the previous one. Couldn't keep the old air-con on at night cause it was so freaking loud, and the light in the room was so dim that I couldn't even read a book at night.
The "kitchen" was also so disgusting that I didn't even consider cooking there.
The reception opening times are very limited. I tried to arrange an early check-out well in time with them by sending an email two days before leaving because I could never make it to the reception when it was open (that's 8am-7pm, I was on a full day tour, and the next morning had to leave at 7.30am). I got NO REPLY. I sent another message the evening before leaving telling them that apparently I have to arrange my own check-out. I asked them to reply and confirm that they have read my message. NO REPLY. I sent them a third email on the day I left the hostel and asked to confirm they have read the message and received my dorm key. I also asked them to return the 10aud deposit on my bank account. NO REPLY. I even sent them a Facebook message asking for reply and could see that they had read it, but still received NO REPLY. Ridiculous and childish behaviour not to answer a customer who tries to explain the situation and asks for confirmation. A week later I called them, no apologies for not answering the emails. And I couldn't get my deposit back unless I went to the hostel to get it. Impossible since I hadn't been in Cairns for a week. Worst customer service ever.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank emiaho
Reviewed November 29, 2017

This resort is very centrally located. It was very quiet, the room was clean, staff were pleasant. However, the resort seems rather tired and in need of a spruce up. The pool was not inviting and didn't seem to have been tended to in a while.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Evelyn E
Reviewed November 27, 2017

I stayed one long night at this place during a recent trip to Cairns. It was so bad that we left a day early. The pool is so moldy and unkempt that the Daintree River had cleaner water than it did. I did not feel safe there either. The rooms have a small lock on the handle with no deadbolt, they could be easily carded and broken into. There were several unsavories nearby and in the property. One guy just using the free electric plug near the front door for hours, he did not even live there, creepy. There is marginal wifi in the public area, not in the rooms, plus no-one is there past 6pm.

Using the word "Resort" for this place is a complete joke too. The room we had was basic, so basic that it had mo amenities at all. It was embarassingly bad. It was not clean either plus the AC in the bedroom was sooo loud also, made sleeping a challenge at best.

Don't stay here, run the other way. This place has well earned its bottom reputation.

Room Tip: go elsewhere
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank finesilver
Reviewed September 15, 2017 via mobile

Very satisfied with this accommodation. It was clean and comfortable. The staff were also very accommodating (especially Stephanie). Would give five stars if the WiFi was better - couldn't get it in the room so had to go down to the common area to use it.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends