“Great bar”

McGinty's
Ranked #88 of 676 Restaurants in Cairns
Cuisines: Thai, Pub
Reviewed April 4, 2018

Small bar with a few regulars, we were there on the Saturday night when a local band was playing. Had a great time, good beer and brilliant atmosphere - shame that due to the Easter weekend it was only open on the Saturday otherwise we would have spent every night there.

Reviewed August 18, 2017

It's a real treat to pop down to Cairns for a Saturday night at McGinty's. Paddy, Robyn and their friendly staff make you feel like a welcome guest. The Guinness is great, and on most Saturday nights, nationally acclaimed band, Mangrove Jack, will have you singing and dancing with their wonderful blend of Australian and Celtic music.

Reviewed July 17, 2017 via mobile

Great selection of beers on tap, you can have a pot, schooner or pint.
Taps are clean as- our beers were exceptional and the perfect temperature.
Service was beyond amazing! The owners both talked to us and we had a lovely time.

It's the real deal- NOT a tourist pub or a cheap tacky sticky hole. The bar was made of beautiful raw wood and nothing was remotely dirty at all. Even the loos were perfect. A real treat.

Reviewed May 12, 2017 via mobile

Small pub with a few regular and the bar maid speaks Gaelic. That and a perfectly poured Guinness and you don't really need to have the pictures of Ireland and the music, but they add a nice touch. Stopped by for a pint most days and was never disappointed. Even the day they called the refrigeration repairman out because the taps were not the right temp.

Reviewed May 12, 2017

If you've travelled the world like me, you'll have seen as many Irish Pubs as me. Guys, the ONLY Irish pubs are are in (uhm...) Ireland. Or so I thought....

This place in an absolute gem. Love it or not, this is a small corner of Ireland in the middle of Cairns. The Kilkenny and Guinness are both as smooth as velvet, I'd know, Ive just had one of each, and I'm here typing this right now!

PLEASE visit and drink a pint of Ireland and prove me wrong. Go on.

I only get to come here on business once or twice a year from Brisbane, but this is a worthwhile visit. In fact, it makes my trip.

etc!