All reviews cairns central shopping centre new managers buy groceries kitchen and laundry facilities washer and dryer three blocks full kitchen secure parking no lift awesome location bedroom unit within walking distance stay there again little things four nights small balcony after hours
Reviewed August 13, 2018

For a first-timer to Cairns, this was a great home base. When I got to my room, the balcony doors were open, the overhead fans were spinning and there was a gentle afternoon breeze. It was a very welcoming, naturally cooler atmosphere that instantly gave me relief from the heat of Cairns. There's also the option of air conditioning (down to 18 C) should you need it. I tried it once, but found that opening the window both aerated the room and kept it cool enough for me.
Mid City Luxury Suites is in a great location. There are basically two parts of Cairns, the city centre and the waterfront. Mid City is really close to all of the waterfront attractions -- exactly where you want to be for a holiday.
As a first-timer, I appreciated the Hog's Breath take-away menu left for me on the counter. There's a Hog's Breath Café right around the corner, but you'll probably want to explore Cairns for better places. There's a fantastic restaurant precinct not far away. Still, the Hog's Breath was a great first-night go-to for a traveller who arrived tired, late in the afternoon.
The staff can help you with everything related to tourist attractions. If, like me, you arrived with three empty days and no plan, they'll help you fill them. I got pointed to the aquarium and a Green Island tour, both of which were great suggestions. Not just pointed, I should say, they have brochures and maps and will do everything necessary to help you find the attractions.
There was a pool that I could see from my balcony. It's nothing special, maybe small to medium-sized. Great for when it's warmer than when I went. Perhaps a necessity for the summer!
There are both a shower and laundry facilities, which really amazed me. I did not expect a washing machine and dryer. It's something you don't find in many motel-style units. There's also a microwave, should you need it, plenty of cups and other things in the cupboards. Picture it more like a guest house that's already furnished with everything you need to live rather than a motel that tries to nickel and dime you for everything. You even get two bottles of complimentary water in the fridge. Very much appreciated! There are references to mini-bar payments, but they're left over from the previous owners and you can ignore those.
There's no room service (food) to speak of, but there is daily room cleaning. I found it a bit spotty in practice. The first night I was there, things went off pretty smoothly. I walked out at about 9 or 10 AM and managed to catch one of the staff who asked me if I wanted my room serviced. I said, "yes", and came back to a lovely, tidied room later that evening with fresh towels.
The second night, however, I left a bit earlier and just assumed my room would be cleaned. That wasn't the case. Thankfully though, the staff provide you with two towels, so I still had a clean towel to use. I would think daily room cleaning should be the default, so this was strange to me. I never contacted the staff about it, so not sure what went on there. Your mileage may vary. As with everything, it's best to talk to the staff. They're very accommodating.
Free Wi-Fi is provided, but I found the coverage a bit spotty in my bedroom. It was fine in the living area. Overall, the service was fine -- fast and free :D.
The entrance of the complex gets closed at 6 PM each night. I found this a bit strange as every room has a lock and the pool didn't seem to be accessible from outside. It's a bit of a hassle to enter after 6 because you have to go via the reception office. I would've appreciated that door staying open.
Even with the few shortcomings I've mentioned, nothing really dulled my holiday experience and I have to give these guys 5 stars. It's really a great place to stay.

Room Tip: Back rooms are a little more private
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed August 12, 2018 via mobile

Recently my wife and I had two opportunities to stay at Cairns Mid City Luxury Suites. We travelled to Cairns by train, so the location of this accommodation was excellent for us. It was within walking distance of the train (less than 5 minutes).

The location of the Luxury Suites is amazing. It is close to everything a traveller needs, shopping, eateries, hotels, and Cairn’s attractions.

The rooms are fully self contained. Everything you would need for your stay is provided. The rooms are well appointed, clean and quiet. Just the thing for a good nights rest after a big day exploring and enjoying the sights.

The staff go out of their way to assist you in every way to ensure you have a wonderful stay.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed June 9, 2018 via mobile

I’m really impressed with the management here. They knew me by name although I’ve never been here before and helped me bring my luggage up and down the stairs. The space was in a good location near the local Rusty’s market, several good restaurants and shops. The apartment was spacious with a big kitchen, balcony and living room. Will stay here again.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
fossilCairns, Manager at Mid City Luxury Suites, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2018

Thanks so much Tiffany, it was an absolute pleasure having you stay and we look forward to your next visit. Rgds Shane & Sandra

Reviewed March 31, 2018

Spent one night here transiting between Green Island and Brisbane. Is everything you could ask for cheap accommodation. Rooms are clean and come with everything you could need for any length of stay. There is a kitchenette and washer and dryer in room. Because of the weather I couldn't get to the pool, but I assume it would be ok. The managers were both very friendly and very helpful. I can heartily say I would stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed March 21, 2018

Great little apartments centrally located in Cairns City directly opposite Cairns Central Shopping Centre. Beautifully maintained building with undercover carpark,swimming pool & BBQ area. The building is only 2 stories high. There is no lift but the short walk up the stairs is great exercise. We had a front apartment with a balcony. No street noise other than cars in business hours but traffic lights control speed. Cannot hear anything when balcony door is closed.
The suite itself was perfect. One bedroom for a couple, full kitchen/dining/lounge area, balcony and good size bathroom also servicing as laundry. Numerous power points gets a definite thumbs up! The entire suite area is utilised with no wasted space. It was very comfortable for a couple. Frequently cleaned. Furniture and appliances well maintained. Managers very nice. Overall a great stay.

Room Tip: Front suites overlook the street. No noise. Back suites overlook pool area.
Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple