“Great Pub, great location ”
Review of Rattle N Hum

Rattle N Hum
Ranked #55 of 638 Restaurants in Cairns
Price range: US$5 - US$31
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, Australian
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly, Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 28 August 2017 via mobile

My mate and I visited twice while in Cairns. Great cold beer and yummy food which was cooked quick and good value!

Sean D, Manager at Rattle N Hum, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2017

Thank you Robert D!

It was an absolute pleasure having you in our venue and we definitely hope to see you again soon.

Thank you for such a positive mention and we will definitely be passing on your kind words to the kitchen staff at Rattle n Hum

We really hope you'll stop by again soon!

All the best

Reviewed 21 August 2017 via mobile

Good food quick service and great atmosphere. We had Pizza which was loaded with toppings and they serve nice cold drinks.

Sean D, Manager at Rattle N Hum, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2017

Cheers Murray!!

Such a delight to see happy patrons sharing their great time at Rattle n Hum with others.

All the staff would like to thank you for such kind words and we're looking forward to seeing you again in the near future. Please make yourself known to our staff and myself as we'd all love to thank you personally.

Hope to see you soon

Reviewed 20 August 2017 via mobile

I walked by and was attracted by the wood fried pizza . I did returned in the evening and ordered a Margherita pizza . The topping was quite good and delicious but I came across the thinnest pizza base since I tasted the first bite of pizza 50 years ago . Of course don't expect the crispy crust ! As I said the topping was good but the base should be the main concern too! As the matter of fact I forked in a pizza place in my college life . I think the only continent I haven't try out is S America . I can't say I'm an expert but I'm quite confident I did sample a lot! However, the environment is great no matter indoor or outdoor and there are plenty activities you can kill time here !

Thank you for taking the time to share with others your experience with us.

Over the years of being a Cairns establishment with a great reputation amongst locals and toursits alike we have found that the crust of preference here in Cairns and possibly even in Australia is a thinner crispier base. We have found this base to provide more emphasis on the great toppings and the flavour that is imparted into those toppings from our wood fired oven.The pizza bases are specifically prepared taking into account the temperature of our traditional oven and the amount of pizzas that are ordered in a single night.
As well as placing more emphasis on the toppings, it allows for shorter waiting times and a guarantee that the base is cooked through. At such high temperatures in the oven, a thicker base will be burnt on the outside by the time it is cooked through and through and we definitely don't want to be serving burnt pizzas with a raw middle to pizza connoisseurs such as yourself.

Bases aside, We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our venue and the atmopshere we had to offer. I'd love to shout you a beer to make up for your disappointment if you're ever back in Cairns and perhaps try sampling some of the other meals we have on offer. If you'd like to discuss anything further please write to us at cairns@rattlenhumbar.com.au

Reviewed 16 August 2017 via mobile

Whilst the staff were pleasant when we were being served, they weren't too fussed about clearing our dishes from the table. We had finished our entree and we're waiting for main meals to be buzzed (they have a buzzing service system). Buzzer went off and we had to take out entree dishes to them so we could then take our main meals to our table. The restaurant was definitely not busy and the staff were comfortable enough to chat around the cash regjster-pity they didn't respect customer service basics. A shame for the actual owners to not witness tourist staff who may not be willing to ensure the business reputation is maintained at higher level. In addition when my steak was ready and i began to eat I found it was absolutely laced with salt that was sprinkled on top. I did not ask for salt to be sprinkled heavily on top. It was a nice steak ruined by the salt-even my husband who enjoys lots of salt said it was way overdone with the salt on top.

Hi Joanne.

Unfortunately I was not on the premises to witness what you have described in regards to our front of house staff not respecting basic customer service and am incredibly disappointed that you were on the receiving end of this.

We have since had a staff meeting with our front of house staff and this review was the main topic of discussion to the team as the service you received is absolutely inexcusable.

We sincerely apologise for this.

This is also the first time that we have heard of someone's steak being too salty and as such, I'd like to get some more specifics from you to aid in our quality control and to ensure that consistency is maintained. If you'd be so kind to let me know what time and which day of the week you dined with us through cairns@rattlenhumbar.com.au, I'd love to organise something for you and your husband on our behalf to make up for the negative experience you had on your last visit and demonstrate the great service and quality of food that you should have received.

We hope to hear from you soon

Reviewed 16 August 2017 via mobile

Nothing to write home about. The pizza we got was the flame one and it was too hot to eat! The price was pretty good

Thank you taking the time to share with others your experience at Rattle n Hum M.A.

As displayed on our menu clearly, the FIREBREATHER pizza is topped with Jalapenos, Cayenne Pepper and Chilli Flakes to give it a real kick.
Our customers who have a bit of a fiery side generally know what they're getting themselves into when they're ordering a pizza called the FIREBREATHER.
Representatives of our Wines supplier and several of our regulars also agree that the spice of this pizza is what would be expected when deliberately ordering a spicy item on the menu. We will however keep a closer eye on this item and take your feedback into consideration to see if we really do need to tone it down a little.

If there was anything else you'd like to mention that contributed to your 3 star review please feel free to write to us at cairns@rattlenhumbar.com.au
We'd be happy to hear any other suggestions from you in regards to how we can better serve you or others in the future.

Regards