“Too easy”

Cuisines: Australian
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed October 6, 2018

Evcellent steaks! Casual and friendly, just what you would expect from a Surf club. Its not pretending to be anything else.Great place to take all the family.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,191)

Reviewed October 6, 2018 via mobile

Unplanned dinner without reservation, waitresses were not much help I ended up finding my own table. Asking for it to be tidied it took the team over 30-minutes to clear...

With that behind us, the menu was excellent, with an ample kids menu that catered for all my kids! Fish and chips, sushi plus others, not only did the kids enjoy the food, the gated jungle gym gave mum and dad a well deserved break to have a drink and enjoy the ambience.

The adult mains were equally enjoyable with a broad menu of seafood and steaks. Prices were good, drinks cold and overall a great night.

Reviewed October 2, 2018 via mobile

I'm not sure what it is about Port Douglas, however we have had bad luck with customer service over the last 2 days here. The surf club was no exception. The food was great, however we were told they had run out of fries! Having 5 kids with us we expressed our dissatisfaction and worry about the terror that would ensue. They came out and said they could do fires with meals, but not standalone fries. So we ordered meals with fries! The service staff seemed as if they were put out, like it was an inconvenience to serve anyone. We witnessed it with other customers too. She explained there were no variations to meals - I wanted the croutons taken out of the ceasar salad due to allergies, however after finding out for me, advised I could pick them out myself.
We had 4 kids meals, of which they were entitled to an ice cream sandwich- 2 chocolate chip cookies with ice cream sandwiches inside. They arrived in takeaway cups. However, one of the girls only got one cookie, which meant no sandwich! She had to eat it with a spoon.
I was impressed they weren't perturbed by us changing tables when we found out we were seated next to the smoking area. I am even more impressed they had disposable straws, but made out of paper. I did find out from our friends this is common across Qld, so go Qld!!
The midori splice was nice and refreshing.
The chicken nuggets and chips were pretty standard for most places.
The ceasar salad was great, but don't bother getting the blackened chicken (which was orangey red actually, and quite dry).
I was told the cheese burgers and the pulled pork burgers were good too, as was the kids pasta.
So all in all, the food was the highlight, and the service their downfall.

Reviewed October 1, 2018 via mobile

Came across this place today, basic kids menu, great lunch menu. Big serves. Kids loved there mac n cheese, chips and jelly, little bit windy being opposite 4 mile beach. Killer choc milk shakes, full of ice cream, great on a warm day. Friendly staff.

Reviewed October 1, 2018

Loved the surf club Bar , friendly staff great position overlooking the beach very relaxing , sitting back and enjoying a beverage and the beautiful view of 4 mile beach