“Nice atmosphere Nice staff Nice Partys all in all lovly stay”

Dougies Backpackers Resort
Reviewed 6 December 2011

i enjoy My stay at dougies very much. the staff is very friendly and thats why this hostel got a great atmosphere. the Rooms are Nice But nothing spezial. Good are the daily special Events. like white partys Dschungel partys or just Pool competitions or quiznights. free bbq on tuesday. and ofc the Main point : cheepest accomidation in Port douglas. have a great stay There and Enjoy the funny evenings. maybe Cu there, Andre

• Stayed: December 2011
1  Thank andremomo

Reviewed 5 December 2011

I stayed at Dougies for a few months and I did enjoy it, all I would say is that it needs to be a bit cleaner. The four toilets were not enough for the amount of people there and were not clean. The kitchen size and cleanliness was not suffient and although I did enjoy the bar and the staff were very friendly to live there was not my favourite part of Australia purely there was no where to go away from the loud music every night at the bar (I do like to party but not every night!). If the TV area was less smelly and not outside it may have been more comfortable. I did meet some great friends and I can not say anything negative about the staff just think the place needs a few refurbishments :)

Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank faye k
Reviewed 4 December 2011

My favourite place in the world.seriously.

Stayed at Dougies on two separate occasions totalling almost 6 months, half of my time in lovely Australia. I loved every second of it. If i could go back and do it over I would spend the whole year in Dougies. Great setting, great campsite, great staff, great atmosphere. When someone tells me they are going to Australia I always write " dougies backpackers, port douglas" on a piece of paper and tell them they are missing out if they do not go there and spend at least 3 months there. I met some great people there who I now consider some of my best friends and I met my girlfriend there too. What a place! I'm going back as soon as I get the chance.

Port Douglas would be nothing if it was not for Dougies Backpackers Hostel.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 December 2011

My wife and I stayed at dougies on two seperate occasions and were very happy with everything.

From the free pick up in Cairns (including free ice creams on route) to the guys on reception the first impression you get is great. Lovely clean and spacious room (4 share), spotless toilet/shower facilities, big kitchen area with lots of room for everyone and a great bar and chillout area for the evening.

They had lots of things going on if you wanted to join in or as we preferred to get out and about they were knowledgeable and pro-active in organising trips to the likes of Cape Trib and the Daintree.

All in all, I'd highly reccommend this place to anyone, a laid back, well maintained and friendly environment that makes it quite hard to leave again.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 December 2011

Having stayed at Dougies 4 times now, we have made some great friends there over the years we keep visiting. The rooms are clean, appointed with all that you need. The showers and toilets seem to be always clean. Our favourite place is the bar where you can always guarantee a memorable chat , drinks that are actually a fair and reasonable price (very rare to see), followed by fun nights any night! Dougies is fantastic value, close to town and we love it hence our consistent returns! Cheers, Jeremy & Lucinda :-)

• Stayed: February 2011
Reviewed 1 December 2011

I stayed at Dougies for 5 months in all. I loved every second of it. The staff are all fantastic and the place just looks amazing! It has an extremely laid back vibe, I spent many hours just chilling out in the many hammocks around the place. I met some really good friends there who I am still in touch with today and stayed there more than a year ago! I tell anyone who is heading to Australia to get themselves to Dougies! Wish I was there now!!!!!!!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Ricalici0us
Reviewed 9 November 2011

I was in need of some sunshine after the New Zealand winter so headed to Dougies in Port Douglas for another visit and what can I say ... it was another brilliant stay at my favourite hostel in Australia. Since my last visit there have been some changes. The addition of Zai restaurant to the hostel is brilliant, the food was amazing and at fantastic prices. I must have eaten at Zai at least once a day during my stay. The staff were as friendly and helpful as ever. The gardens and pool were looking good and it was great to chill and read my book or chat to fellow guests. The bar is still a hot spot and I was lucky to be there to join in the Dougies Birthday Halloween celebrations and Melbourne Cup Day, including a champagne lunch at Zai! This hostel always makes an extra effort with putting on a good shindig. It was great to see the fanous Tuesday Night Free Sausage Sizzle is still a hit. This time I stayed in an 8 bed dorm that was spacious, clean and cool with A/C and a fan and a locker. The communal facilities were clean and tidy. Thank you so much to all the people who make Dougies so special. I look forward to seeing you all again next year :-)

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo