“Breakfast and lunch menu sound amazing!”

The Little Larder Port Douglas
Ranked #6 of 132 Restaurants in Port Douglas
Price range: US$6 - US$11
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed February 17, 2017 via mobile

We went here on our way of cruising to the north tropics, I rang to see what time they stopped doing breakfast... 11.30am. I shouldn't have been worried because their lunch menu sounded ravishing. I ordered the mushroom ragout with Persian feta with a side of hollandaise sauce. My partner; the soft taco with pulled pork. Both were delish, I actually had a difficult time deciding what I wanted. I would definitely recommend dining at this great little cafe. The iced coffee goes down a treat too!

Date of visit: February 2017
Write a ReviewReviews (2,129)

Reviewed February 16, 2017 via mobile

We are here in Port Douglas for three days and have had breakfast every morning at The Little Larder. Food is delicious and beautifully presented, service is excellent and the cafe has a great vibe.
I've also eaten lunch lunch here twice!
My favorite place to eat in Port Douglas.

Reviewed February 15, 2017

This place is an absolute gem! The Little Larder is a tiny little place on Macrossan Street that serves fabulous fresh and flavoursome breakfast and lunch dishes. The menu is designed to suit the region with fresh salads and tasty juices - you have to try the mango coconut smoothie, it’s amazing. I had an Asian chicken and vermicelli noodle salad for lunch that was conversation stopping. The dressing was a perfect combination of ingredients that coated the noodles, chicken and salad items complimenting the flavours, not overpowering them. The Bearded One had the Sloppy Joe, a toasted roll filled with pulled pork and other morsels of deliciousness, that had him groaning in delight. Our conversation descended into silence as we ate, savouring our food. After a long day of travelling my spirits were revived by the freshness and the quality of the produce and the obvious care that the chefs at the Little Larder put into their food. The service is friendly, and they provide table service; so no waiting in line to order at the counter as is the norm in most cafes these days. Your waiter comes to your table, takes your order and brings the meals over. Over the 7 days that I stayed in Port Douglas, The Little Larder became my 'regular' coffee spot and I went almost every day. My theory is when you find a good place, visit it often.

Reviewed February 15, 2017

Fresh, delicious food for any time of day but we went for breakfast and loved it. Cheerful, quick service with coffee refills and more hot water added to the tea pot.

Reviewed February 15, 2017 via mobile

Lovely little cafe with fantastic coffee and an amazing selection of yummy food. Highly recommend a stop here for breakfast or lunch.