All reviewsthe riverbalcony overlooking the poolcooked beautifullycomplimentary bottlesteakquay streetrestaurants and pubsgreat restaurantking bedcentral locationextra pillowslovely roombreakfast was includedwould stay againa great place to staygreat showerwalking distance
Reviewed May 22, 2017 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for 3 nights.
The hotel is central to everything. Shopping mall across the road. Restaurants and pubs just a short walk away.
The pool could do with perhaps a sun lounge around it.
The owner is very friendly.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Cassidys98, Owner at Motel 98, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2017

Thank you for your comments. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed May 22, 2017 via mobile

Went for a special catch up last night and unfortunately the large crowd attending the wine and cheese presentation that coincided with our visit must have contributed to the downfall of what is usually delightful food.
We ordered fish, crumbed and unfortunately it was not fully cooked through, and served with a poorly presented salad with way to many chips, my friends Mortern bay bugs were however delicious.
For the higher prices charged at 98 I have always had a high standard of food I think the competition along quay street is now giving this long standing restaurant a serious run for the money.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank anniesnip
Cassidys98, Manager at Motel 98, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2017

I am deeply upset that your meal was not up to the standard that Restaurant 98 usually achieves. If you were not happy with your meals at anytime you could have notified the staff we would have rectified the problem. Our prices are competitive with others and we pride ourselves with quality food and a high level of service.

Reviewed May 13, 2017

This motel was clean, comfortable and staff were so friendly! The motel and restaurant are very dated and needs a make over but so clean!
I will definite be going back in the future. I hope that they can upgrade down the track but keep the lovely old fashion good service they now give.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Cassidys98, General Manager at Motel 98, responded to this reviewResponded May 19, 2017

Thank you for staying with us. We have a refurbishment plan that is happening but our quality and service will always stay the same. See you next time you are in Rockhampton.

Reviewed April 21, 2017 via mobile

The the reply from management of motel 98 on my last visit was not correct. There was no discussion when I booked in on the hours of the restaurant so appreciate if your reply would be honest and correct thanks

Stayed: January 2017, travelled solo
Cassidys98, Owner at Motel 98, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2017

I stand by my answer to your comments as honest, true and correct.
We advertise that the restaurant is open 7 days a week for breakfast and 6 days a week for evening meals (except public holidays). It is our policy to give our guests the restaurant times on arrival. Sometimes guests are in a rush and do not give us the time on checkin to explain, this is the only reason that I can think that would explained why you did not receive the information or the wifi password that was mentioned previously. I must point out that the restaurant times are also explained in the compendium in the room.
We are disappointed that Motel 98 did not come up to your expectations as quality and service is extremely important to us.

Reviewed March 29, 2017 via mobile

Business dinner, the staff were fantastic. The Morney bugs were very ordinary, I get, they were thawed out and cooked but were like rubber, needed plyers to get them out of the shell.
Main was fresh Barramundi, came out cold and was informed it was because of the breeze coming thorough the window"NOT". Not a pleasant night and a bad choice to impress client however the floor staff were faultless

Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
Cassidys98, Owner at Motel 98, responded to this reviewResponded March 30, 2017

We were disappointed that you did not enjoy your meal. The Morton Bay Bugs are our specialty and very popular with our customers.
It is true that we had a problem with the fish (Red Emperior not Barramundi), the kitchen was having a few problems as we were in the middle of a storm at the time but again I will say there was no excuse for you meal not to be perfect.
Thank you for your feedback and we hope you give us another chance in the future.