“As good as ever”

Ranked #13 of 34 Hotels in Rockhampton
New Zealand
“As good as ever”
Reviewed 22 April 2012

Stayed again in April for 1 night on business, this is one hotel whose standards isnt continually spiralling downwards like others. The place is clean and tidy and well maintained. As I didn't eat here I cannot comment on the meals.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank scotts9401

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Brisbane
Reviewed 22 April 2012

Stayed in 105, great room set up for busienss. Service was quick and very supportive. Been travelling from Townsville to Brisbane and it was the best place across my 5 day trip.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Rick H
Hervey Bay, Australia
Reviewed 18 April 2012

The stay I had was enjoyable. Although I spent 2 nights here, the first was plagued by fatigue from travel. The person I travelled with did not want to use the air conditioner, so a compromise was made for the window to be open overnight...... next to a main road.......... I slept fine, but my colleague had a restless night with the traffic noise...

On arrival, the check-in process was quick, and the parking spaces were a little confusing but adequate.

On a Sunday night, after 7:30, not much is available near the motel for meals, but that is to be expected.

The menu on offer, while varied, was a tad on the expensive side. The meal portions were very generous - perhaps too generous? Meal quality was similarly very high.

My colleague and I decided against room charge not only for the prices charged for food at the establishment, but also for the fact it would cost extra to have meals delivered to the room. As a business trip, paying the extra charge to have the meals delivered to the room would have proven difficult to justify.

Reception staff were fantastic at the 'Aussie Style' humor - a little sarcastic but all in the name of fun. The restaurant staff seemed to struggle with simple questions about the menu, which was a little dissapointing. Surely locals need work as much as international students/travellers?

The room was spacious and clean, with ample room for study/work requirements during my stay. It was a little disappointing that the reception of the TV was poor and there was no option for playing DVDs.

Overall, I would recommend this establishment for a one-night stay, or 2 - 3 night business trip.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank DecSaggi
Maryborough, Australia
Reviewed 3 April 2012

Stayed overnight while travelling up the Queensland coast. "Resort" is a little ambitious, but it did tick a lot of boxes. It was very clean, contained very comfortable beds, had a well stocked mini bar, and was reasonably priced.
Would definitely stay here again...

Room Tip: If you have heavy luggage, a ground floor may be to your liking.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BurningSloth
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 3 March 2012

A far cry from what I'd call a resort, but still a very nice motor inn. The property seemed new, and the room was fitted with modern amenities. I was given a room with disability access. This of course meant the bathroom was huge, and the toilet was a little higher off the ground than I'm used to - but still, it's great they cater for all kinds of travellers.

Limited free wifi was available if requested, and they also had mini bar facilities, and in room dining.

I did notice the king bed was two king singles pushed together, with a noticeable join - this didnt bother me as a lone traveller, but may be an issue to couples.

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank Toni S
Darwin
Reviewed 22 February 2012

The Rocky Resort was a great place to stay the room was very clean, big and enjoyed sleeping in a king size bed. The staff were very welcoming. The resturant was a bit pricy but as we had been travelling for more than 10hrs we did not feel like going anywhere else. Overall I would highly recommend this place.

Room Tip: The king bed rooms are great
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank HappygoluckyDarwin
Sydney
Reviewed 26 January 2012

I was in Rockhampton for 4 days recently on a business trip and this motel had been booked for me! Being really tired at the end of each day, I most often ordered food to my room and to be honest I wasn't expecting much - but I was pleasantly suprised!
The chicken schnitzel was great and the barramundi the following evening superb...and I have to say that the mashed potato was the best I have ever had.....and I have eaten a lot of mash in my time ha ha ha!!!
On the final evening we actually sat by the pool on the terrace and had drinks which was really lovely and Don ( our host) was simply wonderful. Incredibly welcoming with nothing being too much bother for him! Having a friendly person about makes all the difference and I would not hesitate to stay here again. It felt like a visit with family!
The room was quiet despite being along a busy road, the air-con a welcome relief from the heat and the internet connection using my wifi great.......so I had all I needed.
A top little find in Rocky for sure......but book ahead as it seemed very busy!
Christine D