All reviewsbody washshampoo conditionerfast foodbed was comfortablemotelunit
Reviewed November 21, 2017

Last minute trip to Rockhampton for work and did the usual search for hotels and found that this hotel was fairly cheap on booking.com

When I went to checkout and explained the price on booking.com thats exactly what price I got, no further discounts.

Staff at reception were nice and helpful and gave a small milk for tea and coffee if required.

Room was upstairs and was a very small room with a queen bed and the usual items including a small LCD TV.

The bed was comfortable enough but I would have to say that the carpet appeared a little dirty and a good deep clean wouldn't go astray.

Quite night really, there was free wifi but it didnt appear to work correctly or that well.

Very close to main fast food stores with a very easy close walk. The shower was fine with a very small bathroom within the room.

For the price, nothing to complain about really. Tea and coffee making facilities without any biscuits that I could see.

Clean towels and the shower had the three bottles located on the wall for shampoo/conditioner and body wash. Not a big fan of these and always have my own in any case.

Overall not bad if you want cheap and small and not too fussed about low budget motels.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed August 2, 2017

Yuk !! The bathroom was filthy. Shower was full of mould, floor was black (and I wiped the black off easily with a wet towel). Needs a good bleach !!!!! Doors and walls were filthy dirty marked. The Doona covers appeared filthy. The bed I slept in springs were coming through the top of the mattress & the emsamble bases on all the beds in the family bedroom were filthy. Expensive, $145 ... over priced, the pool area was so uninviting dirty and full of weeds.. No open restaurant and the restaurant looked derelict overgrown with weeds & whole surrounds covered in rubbish mainly McDonald's packets. We won't be back !!! Filth!!

Room Tip: Great location, filthy room !!
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed June 28, 2017

I pulled in having run out of steam on my way to Bundaberg .... it was a random decision to stay here . It was two rooms short of full BUT was not noisy . Greg signed me in and was engaging and friendly . He answered any questions I had succinctly and knowledgeably . He was also funny which is a quality I enjoy in Motel Proprietors . Wi-Fi was free and fast . Room was clean and tidy and I slept like the proverbial log undisturbed by life's rich Tapestry .... The Metro Motel delivers what it offers and there is a good Indian Restaurant within walking distance ...

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed December 27, 2016

After a long day of driving me and my girlfriend were looking for some where to rest our heads for the night. We googled motels in Rockhampton and were calling about.

We called Metro and a guy answered the phone, was very unhelpful as i asked him if he had a room free. Th internet advertised the rooms as $50 a night but when enquiring the man told us a room would be $120. I said i'd call him back and he then told me 'not to bother'.

Unbelievable 'service' from this man, i can only imagine what the state of the rooms are like when he can't get a simple courtesy correct.

Very rude, would recommend any other hostel in Rockhampton other than this one.

Luckily enough we did get to stay in a motel that night, the lady was welcoming, the room was cheaper and we were very happy with the accommodation.

Every cloud hey!

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
metro-motel, Manager at Metro Motel, responded to this reviewResponded December 27, 2016

I need to respond firstly by saying this is not our motel , 1. We are not a 24hr motel 2. We have never sold rooms for anywhere near the price listed here. 3. We are not a hostel 4. Our caretaker has no listing of an out of hours call , could we please have this removed ?

Reviewed December 1, 2016 via mobile

Staff are friendly as anything, and for what you pay you get all the essentials. Not first class but when you're travelling around place to place its great.
Car parks are a but tight if you have a larger car, I'm just lucky I came just before school holidays.
I would come back again :)

Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family