I have stayed at several apartment complexes along the Gold Coast over the years and Sea Temple Surfers Paradise is by far the best. It is new, luxurious, spacious and offers numerous places to relax. Add to that the location, amenities, a pool you just can’t resist and friendly & helpful staff - it is just about the perfect place to stay on the Gold Coast.
The location couldn’t be better. Directly across the road from the beach and right on the corner of Cavill Avenue which is perfect if you want to do a bit of shopping or indulge in Surfers’ famous (or infamous!) night life.
It is one of the newest (and yet to be completed) high-rise apartment complexes on the Gold Coast so there is still a bit of construction going on around it, but that didn’t take away from the experience.
Room stayed in: 3 bedrooms (1 king, 4 single beds), 2 bathrooms. 26th floor. 5 adults.
- Fully equipped kitchen
- In room Wifi which is free if you join the Global Hotel Alliance club (free to join)
- LCD TVs in the lounge, master bedroom and one of the smaller rooms. The lounge also has amplifier, speakers and iPod dock.
- Spacious living area (which makes it suitable for families too)
- Large master bedroom with beautiful en-suite featuring a spa-bath
- Second bathroom sits between the two smaller rooms and has a shower and toilet (no bathtub)
- Great panoramic views including both an ocean view and a view of Surfers Paradise itself.
- Main balcony adjoining the master bedroom and lounge room is also spacious and has an outdoor setting for six people. Around the corner there is also a great outdoor lounger which is perfect to relax on in the warm weather.
- The secondary balcony which starts at the kitchen and runs the length of the apartment is accessible from both of the smaller bedrooms. This offers a great view of Surfers Paradise.
- The outdoor pool is the centrepiece of Sea Temple. A beautifully landscaped, multi-tiered, heated pool & spa that just makes it irresistible to swim in. It overlooks the beach across the esplanade and as with the rest of the hotel, the pool itself and the pool area has plenty of space with no shortage of sun chairs/beds - which bodes well for the peak season. The indoor pool is a lap pool and has an adjoining sun deck.
- Well equipped gym with treadmills, rower, weight machines etc.
- Nice garden area with three BBQs
- Can be a bit windy on the balconies. If you have both doors open then the wind blows right through. We stayed on the south side of the building and from what some other reviews have said it doesn’t seem to be an issue on the northern side.
- There is a buffet breakfast with a good spread of food in the restaurant for $36, but this is quite pricey given the quality of the food is good, not great. Being in the heart of Surfers there are plenty of cheaper options for breakfast close by.
- For a few hours each day the high-rise of Sea Temple casts a shadow over its own pool, so it is best to use the pool in the morning or from mid-afternoon.
- I signed up to the Global Hotel Alliance to get the free WiFi but found that it only lasted 24 hours and I had to renew each day. It was free but a bit annoying I had to do this. I’m sure you can arrange for longer if you ask, I only used it for two days.
As you can see, very minor cons!!
Sea Temple is on the more expensive end of the scale of accommodation, but if you can find a good deal or don’t mind splashing out a little bit you won’t be disappointed. I will definitely be returning and don’t see myself staying anywhere else on future visits to Surfers Paradise.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Positioned on the beachfront of the newly transformed Surfers Paradise Esplanade and Foreshore precinct, Peppers Soul Surfers Paradise brings a new dimension to contemporary sophistication and luxury. This state-of-the-art building soars a magnificent 77 stories making it one of the tallest towers on the Gold Coast. Peppers Soul Surfers Paradise offers stylishly designed and fully self-contained 1, 2 and 3 bedroom apartments with spectacular uninterrupted ocean and hinterland views flooded with natural light from the floor-to-ceiling windows. Apartments feature designer gourmet kitchens, large furnished balconies, integrated entertainment system with 40" LCD TV, Blu-Ray and iPod connectivity, ensuite spa bath and full laundry plus all the luxuries expected of designer apartment living. A perfect symphony, everything in place, everything in tune. As one of the Gold Coast's premier, two-hatted restaurants, the multi-award winning Seaduction has an elegance all of its own. Resisting the seductive aromas conjured by our award-winning Executive Chef, Steve Szabo, and his team at Seaduction will prove impossible. The acclaimed menu is superbly complemented by an intimate wine-tasting room and bar that invite you to relax and enjoy the delicious flavours, outstanding decor, impeccable service and enviable views over the golden beaches of Surfers Paradise. For a unique dining experience, Seaduction's Private Dining Room offers you an intimate and private setting for any special occasion. Once you've experienced the exceptional cuisine and unmatched atmosphere of Seaduction, you're sure to return. Facilities include a multi-level sparkling outdoor pool and spa overlooking Surfers Paradise beach, pool terraces, fitness centre incorporating infinity-edge indoor lap pool (heated), fully-equipped gymnasium with two separate studios, spa, sauna and steam room, all accompanied by beautiful sub-tropical landscaped garden and barbeque areas, perfect for entertaining family and friends. From the moment you arrive at our grand main entry with porte-cochere, your stay will be filled with the richest experiences and unlike any other. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia and Travelocity.ca so you can book your Peppers Soul Surfers Paradise reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Peppers Soul Surfers Paradise Gold Coast, Australia