My boyfriend and I stayed at the Mantra Sun City for one night, on level 33 in a one bedroom ocean view apartment. Wow! The views were amazing and the apartment was large and very comfortable. We went in the pool and outdoor spa (nice and private) and had a go on the waterslides. Fun!
Food - we went to the bar for happy hour cocktails. The bar staff were really lovely and the drinks potent. The regular priced cocktails were expensive, and they did not have a gin martini on the menu which I always have on my first night away somewhere, so that was disappointing. We ordered room service for dinner. As usual for in room dining, it was quite nice but overpriced for what you get. We also had the breakfast buffet, which was also average, I have had much better in other hotels/resorts.
Location - excellent. A short walk to the centre of Surfers, and just one block back from the beach. There is a convenience store and bottle shop across the road.
I would have given this hotel a 5 star rating, except for a small mishap at breakfast. Even though breakfast was included in our package, the hotel had no record of it, so we had to produce our booking confirmation to prove it had been paid for. They were very apologetic, but it did mar our breakfast experience slightly.
Overall a wonderful stay, and I would be happy to stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Featuring unique Aztec-inspired designs and architecture, set amidst lush tropical gardens, Mantra Sun City is located just one block from the sandy beaches of the Gold Coast. With Mantra Sun City's facilities surrounding the 35 metre saltwater lagoon pool complete with dragon waterslide, the resort offers a range of hotel rooms and one, two and three bedroom apartments overlooking the Gold Coast beaches, canal waterways or surrounding hinterland. Take advantage of the resort's wide range of facilities, which include a heated indoor pool, outdoor lagoon with its own sandy beach and waterslides, spa, sauna and steam room, tennis courts, games room, fitness centre and Koastal Kitchen Restaurant. Head down to the beach for a casual stroll along the esplanade, finished off with a meal at one of the many cafes and restaurants on offer. Whatever you fancy, Mantra Sun City is the perfect location for a Surfers Paradise holiday. Koastal Kitchen The sun, the surf, the shopping, the excitement, it builds an appetite! Start the day with a wholesome family breakfast or get everyone together for a catch up dinner in the Koastal Kitchen restaurant. The pizzas are fresh from the oven, the grills, salads, tapas to share and seafood fast and fabulous. Kids have their own special menu. Located on the ground floor of Mantra Sun City. Restaurant Opening Hours: Breakfast: 7.00Am - 10.00Am, daily Dinner 5.00Pm - 9.00Pm, daily Room service: Dinner 5.00Pm - 9.00Pm, daily **Photographic ID and a $200 Credit Card Pre Authorisation will be required for check in. No cash deposits taken.** ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Travelocity.ca, Agoda, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Mantra Sun City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mantra Sun City Hotel Surfers Paradise
- Mantra Sun City Surfers Paradise, Gold Coast, Australia