The Crown Plaza is old, the rooms dirty and furniture you wouldn’t by from an Op-Shop. I booked a Superior Twin Ocean View room with balcony for my wife and I. When we arrived we were kept waiting for about 15 minutes while both receptionists dealt with one person. When we walked into our room we were shocked at how knocked about the furniture and fixtures were. Scrapes, cracks and marks as well as dirty stains on chairs etc. Faded old carpet and filthy windows. There wasn’t even a bedside table on my side of the bed. The room which was supposed to face the ocean actually faced the Gold Coast HWY and construction works. When we phoned reception to ask for an upgrade we were abruptly told all the rooms were the same so we couldn’t upgrade however they would move us to the east side of the building so we could have the promised ocean view. A Bell Boy was sent up to our room with new swipe keys. He simply passed them to my wife and disappeared leaving us with our considerable amount of baggage to take to the lift down the hall and then go 4 floors below to lug our gear to the new room which was in similar condition to the first. The balcony was so narrow you could not squeeze past the cheap plastic chairs. Another thing was that there was not even a plate for you to put a cup on or place some food on. My wife and I have travelled quite a bit here and O/S and never have we stayed in an international hotel in such poor condition. The Crowne Plaza is in desperate need of a massive overhall including it's dilapidated salmon pink exterior. I could go on but suffice to say “be warned”. Do not fall for the blurb on their web site and don’t be fooled by the photos either. Just give it a huge miss. There are other lovely hotels in a lot better locations than the Crowne Plaza which isn’t within walking distance to anything but the Gold Coast HWY road works.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Crowne Plaza Surfers Paradise is set amongst lush tropical gardens. The heart of Surfers Paradise, Broadbeach, Jupiters Casino, surf beaches and some of the best shopping in Queensland are all within walking distance of the hotel. The majority of rooms boast Pacific Ocean views and all rooms have their own balconies. The hotel features two restaurants and bars including Queensland’s only revolving restaurant, Four Winds 360°, 26 floors above the beautiful Gold Coast. The hotels conference facilities can accommodate from 10 to 550 people in a variety of styles. Hotel facilities include two swimming pools (1 heated) with hot spas and sundecks, tennis court and gymnasium. Crowne Plaza Surfers Paradise is your starting point for a host of recreational and entertainment activities that vary from theme-parks to championship golf courses to restaurants or non-stop nightlife. Whether you're looking for fun and adventure or simply want to relax and soak up the sun that the Gold Coast is so famous for, you'll find it when you experience Crowne Plaza Surfers Paradise. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, IHG, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Crowne Plaza Surfers Paradise reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Surfers Paradise Hotel Surfers Paradise
- Surfers Paradise Crowne Plaza
- Crowne Plaza Surfers Paradise Gold Coast, Australia