When we need to stay on the Gold Coast, we always book into Crowne Plaza, Surfers Paradise. We have had trouble finding a room which caters for 2 adults and 2 children under 18 years without having to pay for either 2 rooms or an extra charge for having more than 3 guests in one room.
The hotel is situated down the highway a bit from the Surfers Paradise CBD, so on the last occasion that we needed to be on the Gold Coast, it happened to fall on schoolies week, but this was no hassle for us as we were away from the noise in central Surfers. Only a handful of respectable looking schoolies were at Crowne Plaza and all was nice and peaceful.
The hotel is also only a short walk to the beach and has either ocean view or mountain view rooms and some have large bathrooms with views as well and big marble baths and a shower. Rooms have balconies with views and are clean and stylishly decorated.
We have never encountered any problems during the many stays we have had at Crowne Plaza and for decades we have been visiting the revolving restaurant on the top level of the hotel. Hint for travellers - there are 2 dinner sittings - pick the 5:30pm one (& not the 8:00pm sitting) as you get both the sun going down over the mountains and the ocean at sunset, as well as the night lights and darkness of the Gold Coast. If you go to the 8:00pm sitting only, then you only get to see the night lights and darkness.
The buffet at the revolving restaurant is second to none. It has such a huge choice of food options like Asian, seafood, roasts, soups, salads, desserts, cheeses etc. etc. but all done to the highest quality and exquisitely presented on the buffet.
Just a short trip away is Jupiter's Casino and Pacific Fair Shopping Centre. There is also a gym, tennis court and pool in the hotel and everytime we go there, we are given complimentary drink vouchers to have in the lounge bar/pool area. The hotel also has another restaurant next to the pool, ideal for breakfast and lunch. You can also pick up board games from the reception desk.
We look at other options each time we need to go to the Gold Coast, but we are never able to replicate what we get for our money from Crowne Plaza. Also, there is only one other hotel on www.wotif.com on the Gold Coast, that we can have 4 in one room including one of our children who is older than 12 years included in the room rate, which is very reasonably priced per night for a family.
We will continue to be guests at this fabulous hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Crowne Plaza Surfers Paradise is set amongst lush tropical gardens. The heart of Surfers Paradise, Broadbeach, Jupiters Casino, surf beaches and some of the best shopping in Queensland are all within walking distance of the hotel. The majority of rooms boast Pacific Ocean views and all rooms have their own balconies. The hotel features two restaurants and bars including Queensland’s only revolving restaurant, Four Winds 360°, 26 floors above the beautiful Gold Coast. The hotels conference facilities can accommodate from 10 to 550 people in a variety of styles. Hotel facilities include two swimming pools (1 heated) with hot spas and sundecks, tennis court and gymnasium. Crowne Plaza Surfers Paradise is your starting point for a host of recreational and entertainment activities that vary from theme-parks to championship golf courses to restaurants or non-stop nightlife. Whether you're looking for fun and adventure or simply want to relax and soak up the sun that the Gold Coast is so famous for, you'll find it when you experience Crowne Plaza Surfers Paradise. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, HotelTravel.com, Agoda, Booking.com, Travelocity.ca, Priceline and IHG so you can book your Crowne Plaza Surfers Paradise reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Surfers Paradise Hotel Surfers Paradise
- Surfers Paradise Crowne Plaza
- Crowne Plaza Surfers Paradise Gold Coast, Australia