Having previously stayed at the Breakfree Longbeach and enjoyed that, we we encouraged to go to the Peninsula this time because of the good reviews and responses despite having to pay an extra $14 per night. We were not disappointed.
The service from Adil Fitter and his team was top notch. Following a comment from us, an upgraded flat screen tv arrived (thanks to a prompt response from the unit owners) and a sticking balcony door was repaired, both the next day.
The location is great being across the road from the beach, a couple of blocks south of Cavill Ave and close to the restaurant precinct of Surfers. We had meals at Alfresco, Saw Thai and Nicolinis and a takeaway pizza from Alli's - all within 5 minutes walk.
We were on the 10th floor which enabled us to see what was going on at the beach but not see the panaromic views of the coast that would be possble from higher floors (but may also bring nervousness from extreme heights). The unit had very good lounge and dining furniture - obviously very new - and good cane balcony chairs that suffered by being blown around in the strong winds we experienced over a couple of days.
The hotel facilities are good but will be better when wireless internet access becomes available. I understand it is imminent just needing to be tested and turned on. We made good use of the heated pools and spa plus the barbecues. On-site parking,as provided, is a must in this area.
This helped make a good holiday experience in Surfers.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Offering family friendly facilities and the perfect getaway atmosphere, BreakFree Peninsula is the perfect location for your next holiday. **PLEASE NOTE** Air-conditioning is on request/subject to availability. For your convenience we cannot accept bookings for same day arrivals outside of reception hours. Please phone during normal business hours prior to arrival to arrange after hours check in. Once a booking has been made we accept NO CANCELLATIONS OR AMENDMENTS to that booking. Party Policy: • Parties are not permitted in apartments • Registered guests only are permitted in apartments after 10pm • Excessive noise will not be tolerated Failure to comply with the above will result in the eviction of the guest/from the property. The property reserves the right to retain all accommodation paid. BreakFree Peninsula Lift and Lobby refurbishment will take place between 1/8/17 until 1/12/17, between levels 1- 46. We apologise in advance for the inconvenience this may cause. *clearance 1.9 ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Priceline, Travelocity.ca, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Breakfree Peninsula reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Breakfree Peninsula Hotel Surfers Paradise
- Peninsula Hotel Breakfree
- Peninsula Apartments
- Surfers Paradise Peninsula
- Breakfree Peninsula Surfers Paradise, Gold Coast, Australia