“Went and got my own cleaning product....”

Reviewed 18 June 2012

Stayed (very) recently for four nights. We got our apartment cheap on wotif.
Arrived in Australia in the evening was happy with the ease of a late check in, as the last thing you want to do after a long day is muck around with paperwork.
Our first impression of the accom was good, but after getting settled we noticed the place was smelly, it would have been great I think if someone had come in and aired the room (we thought perhaps it had been closed up for a while).
The kitchen was appauling, the cupboards were well past their best and although it seemed cleane I wasn't overly happy with it, so much so I went down to the 24 hour shop nearby on the first night so I could give it a good wipe down.
The couches were leatherette and both were peeling and left 'bits' on clothing. The decor was dated, the terracotta ornamental 'things' in the apartment would have been better off being removed as many of them were chipped. The TV was of a good size and modern.
The bed was lovely and comfortable (king) and I feel this was the best part of our stay! Sadly neither the TV in the bedroom or the clock radio worked.
The bathroom clean but dated and I feel the fixtures really needed an update.
Our view of the ocean from the 6th floor was amazing, no complaints there! The Peninsula is in a great spot and for our first time staying the heart of Surfers apposed to our usual Broadbeach we were really pleased to be so close to so many great spots.
I was really impressed with the pools and grounds. They seemed well kept. We tired the gym and were VERY impressed by it.
We tried to purchase theme park tickets, they were unable to be processed either time we tried, sadly we weren't given any other solution on to 'try back later'. Other than that any other dealings (few) we had with staff reception were fine.
There was going to be an issue with us checking out at 8am and getting our bond back (perhaps if I recall correctly, there wasn't going to be any housekeeping available to check our room until 10) we had planned to come back later in the day to collect our bond but luckily for us they managed to find someone to do it at 8.30ish when we checked out.

We aren't the type of people to complain or kick up a fuss,and due to the fact we got our apartment so cheap we didn't want to cause problems. On reflection now we are home we were really dissapointed as we have stayed at other Breakfrees and were really happy.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Meegs_23

Dear Meegs_23,

Thank you for your detailed feedback about your recent stay at Breakfree Peninsula. I am sorry to hear that you were disappointed with some aspects of your stay.

I have noted your comments about the general state of the apartment allocated for your booking. From your comments, I get the impression that although the apartment was clean, the decor was dated and needs refurbishing. I have conducted an inspection of the apartment and have been in touch with the owner concerned suggesting refurbishment. I have also arranged for the bedroom T.V. to be repaired and replaced the alarm clock radio.

I am happy to note that you enjoyed the amazing ocean views from the apartment and made use of the pools, grounds and gymnasium. Our location is very central and is within close proximity to the beach, restaurants, shopping, transportation and night life.

I request you to contact me whenever you are coming to the Gold Coast again and I will ensure that you will have a memorable stay.

Reviewed 12 June 2012

We stayed in the delux two bedroom. One child sleep in the lounge all happy. Good location, right on beach and easy walk to town. Helpfull staff.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family

Dear CJLNZ,

Thank you for sharing your concise feedback on Trip Advisor.

It is always a pleasure to hear that our guests are having a great time and enjoying their stay at Breakfree Peninsula.

I have noted your comments about our helpful staff and will share the same with our team.

I look forward to welcoming you and your family again to Breakfree Peninsula on your next visit to the Gold Coast.

Reviewed 9 June 2012

We stayed at the Breakfree in October last year and have booked again for next year as our experience was so memorable. The hotel while busy in October was managed professionally and positively we had requested a tin opener as this was the only thing missing from the kitchen and low and behold a new opener was delivered to our room within a short time. There is nothing to add in terms of what could have been changed. Keep up the great work.

Room Tip: We choose a mid height floor which gave a great view of the ocean and the ferris wheel at night.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank mrchris2012

Dear mrchris2012,

Thank you for your valuable feedback regarding your stay at Breakfree Peninsula.

I am delighted to hear that you and your friends had a memorable stay at Breakfree Peninsula. It is good to hear that you have booked again for this year too. I will ensure that you and your friends will once again have a great stay.

Reviewed 3 June 2012

Having previously stayed at the Breakfree Longbeach and enjoyed that, we we encouraged to go to the Peninsula this time because of the good reviews and responses despite having to pay an extra $14 per night. We were not disappointed.

The service from Adil Fitter and his team was top notch. Following a comment from us, an upgraded flat screen tv arrived (thanks to a prompt response from the unit owners) and a sticking balcony door was repaired, both the next day.

The location is great being across the road from the beach, a couple of blocks south of Cavill Ave and close to the restaurant precinct of Surfers. We had meals at Alfresco, Saw Thai and Nicolinis and a takeaway pizza from Alli's - all within 5 minutes walk.

We were on the 10th floor which enabled us to see what was going on at the beach but not see the panaromic views of the coast that would be possble from higher floors (but may also bring nervousness from extreme heights). The unit had very good lounge and dining furniture - obviously very new - and good cane balcony chairs that suffered by being blown around in the strong winds we experienced over a couple of days.

The hotel facilities are good but will be better when wireless internet access becomes available. I understand it is imminent just needing to be tested and turned on. We made good use of the heated pools and spa plus the barbecues. On-site parking,as provided, is a must in this area.

This helped make a good holiday experience in Surfers.

Dear J_M30a,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review about your recent stay at Breakfree Peninsula.

I am very happy to note that you enjoyed your stay with us. Customer service and guest satisfaction is our main aim and the team remains fully focussed to ensure that our guests are well looked after. Maintenance issues do arise from time to time but our timely action ensures that guests are not inconvenienced.

WiFi is now available at Breakfree Peninsula. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed all our facilities and found our location to be within walking distance to restaurants, shopping, beach and other amenities.

I look forward to welcoming you again at Breakfree Peninsula on your next visit to the Gold Coast.

Reviewed 31 May 2012

our stay was amazing!!the appartment was beautiful,clean and modern..the balcony was spectacular the views of sunrise were just breathtaking.and being so close to the beach for 7 days straight was a dream.walking distance to the mall was handy when we went out we could hardly wait to get back to our room..the pools were fun heated inside and outside which was lovely because we have a 5 year old who was loving it.My partner and i both used the gym the treadmills were top quialty and the covenience of being on holiday and exercisiing too was excellent. we come up once a year and will defenately be saying here again...thank u

Room Tip: we got a corner suite on the 12th floor amazingly bright and not to close to the street so the noise...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Adil1, General Manager at Breakfree Peninsula, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2012

Dear lib2878,

Thank you for sharing such a wonderful feedback on the Trip Advisor forum.

I am delighted to hear that you and your family had an amazing stay with us. I am happy to hear that we exceeded your expectations in all respects.

I look forward to welcoming you and your family to Breakfree Peninsula again on your next visit to the Gold Coast.

Reviewed 28 May 2012

While the room we stayed in looked like it was decorated for a scene of Miami Vice (pastel's and wicker), the view and service more than made up for it. The view is spectacular and it's proximity to the beach and shops made it perfect. The balcony view is The staff were very friendly and helpful. The pool and BBQ area's were well maintained as was the gym (to be honest I was on holiday so I didn't use the gym). Our only issue was no free WiFi. We will be back....

1  Thank bertuzzi
Adil1, General Manager at Breakfree Peninsula, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2012

Dear Bertuzzi,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay.

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and found our location to the beach and local attractions convenient.

WiFi is getting installed at the moment and will be up and running in a week's time.

I look forward to welcoming you back at Breakfree Peninsula on your next visit to the Gold Coast.

Reviewed 27 May 2012

My husband and I have just returned from a 4 night stay at the Breakfree Penninsula.

The best thing about this complex is the spectacular view from the balcony. Incredible!!

The tv channels offered excellent choice and the rooms where spacious with everything you need for a self catering stay.

We were disappointed however about the cleanliness of the apartment and the really old shabby decor - felt we had stepped back into the olden days. Cupboards etc were dusty/dirty and some even padlocked or screwed closed which we thought a bit weird! Definitely in need of major updating.

The worst thing about our stay was the fact our corridor and therefore room smelt really really bad of cigarette smoke. In this day in age you don't expect to have a strong smoke smell inside the building. Really disappointing.

For these two reasons we regret to say we would not stay in this complex again although the views are hard to beat.

Room Tip: Ask if there are non smoking floors available if you don't like to smell bad.
1  Thank christine g

Dear Christine G,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay. I am sorry to hear that you were disappointed with some aspects of your stay.

I have noted your comments about the decor and cleanliness of the apartment allocated for your booking. I will forward your concerns to our Housekeeping Supervisor for necessary action. I will also be contacting the owner of the apartment to discuss refurbishment of their apartment as suggested by you.

I have forwarded your comments about the smoke smell to the Body Corporate Caretaker to investigate further.

I would like to invite you back to Breakfree Peninsula and will ensure that you will have no cause for complaints at all. Please feel free to contact me directly when you are visiting the Gold Coast again.