Stayed (very) recently for four nights. We got our apartment cheap on wotif.
Arrived in Australia in the evening was happy with the ease of a late check in, as the last thing you want to do after a long day is muck around with paperwork.
Our first impression of the accom was good, but after getting settled we noticed the place was smelly, it would have been great I think if someone had come in and aired the room (we thought perhaps it had been closed up for a while).
The kitchen was appauling, the cupboards were well past their best and although it seemed cleane I wasn't overly happy with it, so much so I went down to the 24 hour shop nearby on the first night so I could give it a good wipe down.
The couches were leatherette and both were peeling and left 'bits' on clothing. The decor was dated, the terracotta ornamental 'things' in the apartment would have been better off being removed as many of them were chipped. The TV was of a good size and modern.
The bed was lovely and comfortable (king) and I feel this was the best part of our stay! Sadly neither the TV in the bedroom or the clock radio worked.
The bathroom clean but dated and I feel the fixtures really needed an update.
Our view of the ocean from the 6th floor was amazing, no complaints there! The Peninsula is in a great spot and for our first time staying the heart of Surfers apposed to our usual Broadbeach we were really pleased to be so close to so many great spots.
I was really impressed with the pools and grounds. They seemed well kept. We tired the gym and were VERY impressed by it.
We tried to purchase theme park tickets, they were unable to be processed either time we tried, sadly we weren't given any other solution on to 'try back later'. Other than that any other dealings (few) we had with staff reception were fine.
There was going to be an issue with us checking out at 8am and getting our bond back (perhaps if I recall correctly, there wasn't going to be any housekeeping available to check our room until 10) we had planned to come back later in the day to collect our bond but luckily for us they managed to find someone to do it at 8.30ish when we checked out.
We aren't the type of people to complain or kick up a fuss,and due to the fact we got our apartment so cheap we didn't want to cause problems. On reflection now we are home we were really dissapointed as we have stayed at other Breakfrees and were really happy.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Offering family friendly facilities and the perfect getaway atmosphere, BreakFree Peninsula is the perfect location for your next holiday. **PLEASE NOTE** Air-conditioning is on request/subject to availability. For your convenience we cannot accept bookings for same day arrivals outside of reception hours. Please phone during normal business hours prior to arrival to arrange after hours check in. Once a booking has been made we accept NO CANCELLATIONS OR AMENDMENTS to that booking. Party Policy: • Parties are not permitted in apartments • Registered guests only are permitted in apartments after 10pm • Excessive noise will not be tolerated Failure to comply with the above will result in the eviction of the guest/from the property. The property reserves the right to retain all accommodation paid. BreakFree Peninsula Lift and Lobby refurbishment will take place between 1/8/17 until 1/12/17, between levels 1- 46. We apologise in advance for the inconvenience this may cause. *clearance 1.9 ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Travelocity.ca, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Breakfree Peninsula reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Breakfree Peninsula Hotel Surfers Paradise
- Peninsula Hotel Breakfree
- Peninsula Apartments
- Surfers Paradise Peninsula
- Breakfree Peninsula Surfers Paradise, Gold Coast, Australia