My wife and I stayed at the Australis Sovereign Hotel in Surfers Paradise and were overall pretty disappointed, although you do get what you pay for. The room wasn't that cheap though. The room was big and the decor was old. The hotel is in two separate towers so you can hear most things that are happening in the other tower at about the same height. In our case the other tower at the same height had a buck's party or some kind of party with a lot of loud people, we were only there for two nights so one of those two was pretty bad. In the morning we went down for the free breakfast, it was a few months ago, but the feeling I can remember was that of disappointment. I don't think there was any fruit and yoghurt available which I thought was standard. The TV was broken when we got into the room, but the hotel got it repaired within the hour.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Alpha Sovereign Hotel Gold Coast (formerly Australis Sovereign) is just the place to stay for a quiet retreat in Surfers Paradise, while still having easy access to beaches, shopping, dining and attractions. Situated on the Broadbeach side of Surfers Paradise, you can enjoy the best the area has to offer by day or night but swiftly escape the hustle and bustle when you arrive back at the hotel. Alpha Sovereign features mid-rise twin towers with a wide range of contemporary hotel rooms and suites - most with balconies overlooking the Gold Coast Hinterland, the hotel complex and pool, or Surfers Paradise skyline with ocean behind. Arrive to a bright and breezy lobby and reception area that flows through to Flavours Restaurant and bar. Flavours offers a relaxing alfresco terrace where guests can enjoy a delicious meal, catch up for a drink or kick back for some quiet reading time. The intimate lagoon pool and spa is surrounded by lush tropical gardens and shady pockets to relax in. Or soak up the sun on poolside lounges, just a few steps from Flavours bar to order a drink or snack. For the kids, the pool has a shallow sandy area, ideal for a splashing and water fun. Alpha Sovereign Hotel also has a games room with video games, board games and other indoor activities for children. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity.ca, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Alpha Sovereign Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Australis Sovereign Surfers Paradise
- Australis Sovereign Hotel
- Surfers Paradise Australis Sovereign
- Alpha Sovereign Hotel Surfers Paradise, Gold Coast, Australia