The hotel is in a great location of Surfers Paradise. The one bedroom size is large and spacious. Some furniture and decor is a little dated, but the size and cleanliness makes up for any downfalls. The TV was huge and the sofa was a fold out bed as well so this would be great if you had any kids that needed extra bedding. There is a mini kitchenette including dishwasher, cutlery, utensils and a mini bar fridge.
Parking on location is $20 per night, which we thought was a bit expensive so we parked outside on the street at nights. There is a limit of 2 hours parking each day, however on Sundays it is unlimited.
Wifi is only available in the lobby area, so there is always people hanging around at the entrance. I was surprised that there wasn't in room wifi, not that we needed it.
There is a restaurant onsite, but on both days of our stay we didn't see it open. The pool looked clean and fun, however during our stay it was too cold to have a swim. There is also a spa and sauna onsite as well.
All in all, the stay was nice and relaxing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Alpha Sovereign Hotel Gold Coast (formerly Australis Sovereign) is just the place to stay for a quiet retreat in Surfers Paradise, while still having easy access to beaches, shopping, dining and attractions. Situated on the Broadbeach side of Surfers Paradise, you can enjoy the best the area has to offer by day or night but swiftly escape the hustle and bustle when you arrive back at the hotel. Alpha Sovereign features mid-rise twin towers with a wide range of contemporary hotel rooms and suites - most with balconies overlooking the Gold Coast Hinterland, the hotel complex and pool, or Surfers Paradise skyline with ocean behind. Arrive to a bright and breezy lobby and reception area that flows through to Flavours Restaurant and bar. Flavours offers a relaxing alfresco terrace where guests can enjoy a delicious meal, catch up for a drink or kick back for some quiet reading time. The intimate lagoon pool and spa is surrounded by lush tropical gardens and shady pockets to relax in. Or soak up the sun on poolside lounges, just a few steps from Flavours bar to order a drink or snack. For the kids, the pool has a shallow sandy area, ideal for a splashing and water fun. Alpha Sovereign Hotel also has a games room with video games, board games and other indoor activities for children. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Priceline, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Alpha Sovereign Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Australis Sovereign Surfers Paradise
- Australis Sovereign Hotel
- Surfers Paradise Australis Sovereign
- Alpha Sovereign Hotel Surfers Paradise, Gold Coast, Australia