“Fantastic meal and view- can't go wrong”
Review of Helm Bar & Bistro

Helm Bar & Bistro
Price range: US$6 - US$29
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed August 6, 2018 via mobile

My partner, his parents and I went here for lunch and chose the $15 meal and drink deal. The were quite a few options and we chose the vegetarian nachos, the beef burger and the fish and chips. All meals were delicious and left us full but wanting more. The view was also simply beautiful.

Meals were quick also and staff friendly. Would definately go back.

Reviewed July 21, 2018

A long-awaited reunion with a group of 10 Ladies was a bit stressful to organise because I really wanted to 'get it right'. I wasn't looking for too formal as I wanted the option to stay on for the afternoon … yet we did need to eat! We needed mixed budget options to suit this group, we needed somewhere that was Central, easy to access and most importantly has free parking (not easy on the heart of Surfers Paradise) and I wanted sun!! …… Helm Bar you were perfect! We had a private section, overlooking the river, in a sunny spot, with full menu as well as lunchtime specials that kept it very reasonable. The girls loved it!! …. we will be back!!

Reviewed July 15, 2018 via mobile

We had lunch at Helm , the food was delicious and very reasonably priced for what you get . The location is great very relaxing in the water. The staff are very friendly and helpful. Will definitely be visiting Helm again for a meal and drinks .

Reviewed July 7, 2018 via mobile

Was staying nearby and the place came recommended. Good atmosphere, drinks great. Dinner was a mussel dish done in garlic and white wine. Unfortunately only half the mussels had opened upon presentation and the garlic was over predominate. Considering that, the accompanying garlic pizza was not my best choice.
Redeeming factors where the views over the water and some nice folk I met on the night.
Maybe on another night.

Reviewed July 1, 2018

Great service pre event and on the event day..
Great location with relaxing views over the water and Gold Coast hinterland.