I've unfortunately made the same mistake as other reviewers:
After shelling out $260 a night "deluxe" King spa room in a 5 star Hotel what we got for the money was terrible. This place is looking very old, tired, and frankly, i don't know how they can still be rated at 5*???? This was for our anniversary and i almost cried at how pitiful it was for the money spent.
-unclean surfaces, food on floor and on balcony.
-bathroom dingy, dark, not 'romantic' at all... no light... awful.
-Staff are not friendly /at all/
-Overpriced buffet!!!! This used to be lovely, now it is terrible! We only paid 50% of the price as we had a deal through an accomodation rewards source. Terrible.Frozen prawns, budget cuts of meat used in the roast so it was unpalatable, food was not topped up as it should be for a budy night. Rude service staff - taking away the prawn refuse bowl and dipping bowl and not returning them... So glad we hadn't paid full price, as even paying 50% we felt ripped off!
Most sad is I've previously stayed there (2009) and was very impressed by everything EXCEPT the staff manner - they've never been particularly 'nice', but once you're checked in typically you can ignore that (and them), it has really gone downhill!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Crowne Plaza Gold Tower is located adjacent to Crowne Plaza Surfers Paradise. The Crowne Plaza Gold Tower offers premium hotel rooms and spacious self contained apartments including studio and one and two bedroom suites in a resort style setting. The majority of rooms boast Pacific Ocean views and all rooms have their own balconies. The Studio and Suites also offer kitchenettes and laundry facilities. Crowne Plaza Gold Tower is located between Surfers Paradise and Broadbeach. Major shopping centres, award winning dining, nightlife and world famous Gold Coast beaches are all within walking distance of the hotel. Crowne Plaza Gold Tower shares the extensive resort facilities with Crowne Plaza Surfers Paradise including two outdoor swimming pools with heated spas and sundecks, gymnasium, full sized tennis court, games room and two restaurants and bars. The hotel features 9 flexible meeting rooms and can cater for up to 550 people. Four Winds 360 Revolving Restaurant is Queensland's only revolving restaurant. It offers panoramic views of the Gold Coast hinterland and Pacific Ocean as well as a delicious seafood and Central Mediterranean buffet. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Crowne Plaza Hotel Gold Tower Surfers Paradise reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Surfers Paradise
- Crowne Plaza Hotel Gold Tower Surfers Paradise Gold Coast, Australia