See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed September 15, 2015

The rooms are dirty and needs a good clean ,yes I know it's not expensive but there's places in Townsvile that is cheaper but cleaner ,the service was not bad and brekki was ok aircon did not work and bed is worn out

Room tip: Only stay there if you cant find another place
Date of stay: September 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Tammarra K, Accommodation Receptionist at Hotel Allen, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2016

Hi James,
I am sorry to hear that you did not find our rooms up to standards during your stay. As you mentioned this is a very old Hotel and unfortunately that means a lot of thigns are outdated. We are working on improving things as best we can. I do wish you had bought your issues to our attention to enable us to rectify them.

Reviewed August 3, 2015

smaller then expected room not what website shows, very noisy, breakfast very average. couldn't even get hot coffee only orange juice expected more for the price especially having sports grounds across the road no wi fi
my eldest son took my youngest for sports we didn't have good feedback from a 21yr old. shame as seems a very quiet hotel when I dropped in for state of origin earlier trip taken

Room tip: great if needing be close to sports grounds
Date of stay: July 2015

Hi Ms Windred,
I am sorry that your son was not happy with the size of the room or that there was no wifi. I am not sure why you were told that you could not get hot coffee as our staff have all received coffee training and we do have the coffee machine. I do wish your son had bought his complaints to us so that we could have worked to rectify his issues.

Reviewed July 14, 2015

I have stayed here as a single, with my husband and also as a family numerous times over the last few years. The rooms are minimal and in need of updating but the prices and location are excellent and these are things you can overlook. The rooms have always been clean but unfortunately on our last visit the family room hadn't been cleaned properly and there were a lot of ants on the benches. The staff are terrific and the weekend rate is excellent value when the buffet breakfast is included in the price.

Date of stay: March 2015

Hi Pauline,
Thank you so much for your lovely feedback. We at the Hotel Allen are happy to hear that you have enjoyed your stays with us. I am terribly sorry that the last rom you had was not as clean as we usually are, please know that we do ow have a different cleaning company maintaining our rooms. We definitely hope to see you back at the Hotel Allen in the future.

Reviewed June 18, 2015

Good value for $, very polite & helpful staff.Price included B/F , with all you can eat buffet B/F on Sat & Sundays. Basic room, small , but comfortable. Close to shopping,dining.cafe's etc, & only 5 mins walk to "The Strand" , with manicured/ landscaped sea-shore & majestic view of nearby Magnetic Island. Adjacent open car park. Bar & Pokies on site.

Date of stay: June 2015

Hi Tony,
Thank you so much for your positive feedback about our Hotel. We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and the local area. We hope to see you at the Hotel Allen again soon.

Reviewed May 23, 2015

I has a fantastic buffet breakfast here yesterday. The staff were friendly and had smiles on their faces. I asked the chef if he could cook my eggs the way I like and it was no trouble at all for him.
Lots of choices, juice, coffee, cereals, fresh fruit, eggs, bacon, sausages, grilled tomatoes, mushrooms, baked beans, hash browns, pancakes and toast. All this for $14.95! Breakfast can be taken outside on Gregory Street or inside in the spacious dining room. Do yourself a favour try Hotel Allen for an unpretentious, good value breakfast. I'll be back with family next time.

Date of stay: May 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank julie a

Hi Julie,
Thank you so much for your lovely feedback. We agree that our Buffet Breakfast is excellent value for money. We hope to see you at the Hotel Allen again soon.