All reviews palmer street magnetic island washing machine quiet end studio apartment full size fridge short walk industrial area self contained cooking facilities nice room quiet location great place to stay bed was very comfortable business trip visiting townsville restaurants and bars
Reviewed August 27, 2018

Last minute booking for Vietnam Veterans Day 18th August 2018 as previous choice of accommodation was unavailable.Will be staying again in future visits to Townsville and other Oaks locations on future travels around the country.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Hotel Manager O, Front Office Manager at Oaks Metropole Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2018

Dear Syd and Sue,

Thank you for your time I reviewing us. So happy to hear your stay was so great and that we made such a great impression. I know you'll be experiencing the same high standards through all your stays with Oaks and we hope to see you back again on your next trip to sunny Townsville.

Reviewed August 26, 2018

I found the whole stay all the staff were happy and helpful the whole stay at the hotel, the only thing that I would like to express is that it is a bit far to go to shopping centre if you do not have your own transport, but close to place to catch boat to MAGNETIC ISLAND.

• Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Nicole,

Than you for your review. Its great to know you had such an fantastic time and that you had a chance to see Townsville's beautiful magnetic island. I will share your comments with our team and we can't wait to see you back again soon.

Reviewed August 22, 2018

When I arrived at the Hotel I was made to feel very welcome. When I got to my room I noticed a smell of cigarette smoke slight but enough to make me open the balcony door for some hours to air out the room. I spoke to the front desk and was told there were no rooms left but ofered to spray my room themselves and or have it deodorized. The stay was ok and it is a nice area and I'm sure they were unaware that someone had been smoking in the room. The toilet seat was broken but overall I think the Hotel is nice and the staff are amazing. I enjoyed the facilities and the meals are nice. Definitely give it high 7s but if the smoke was not in room 8 to 9.

• Trip type: Travelled solo

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind review. while I'm glad our staff were able to take such good care of you I must apologise regarding the problems you experienced. you'll be happy to know the Toilet seat has been replaced and our inspections have been reworked to ensure your next stay with us truly meets the highest possible standard.

Reviewed August 19, 2018

Check in very easy and personable staff but the mattress had collapsed on my side,shower cubicle badly in need of resealing.The clothes dryer had dirty melted plastic stuck to the barrel.Linen ok but the crockery had not been cleaned,just put away

Dear Terry,

Thank you for your time and feedback. Please accept my most sincere apology for not meeting your expectations during your recent stay. Please understand that this is not our normal standard nor is it an experience that we wish to convey. You will be happy to know that problems you have identified have been addressed with our team and procedures enacted to ensure they do not reoccur. Thank you again for you review and your time. We hope to have the opportunity to truly impress you when next you stay in Townsville.

Reviewed August 19, 2018

Very helpful staff who helped us enjoy more of Townsville. Our room was clean, fresh and from the 11th floor had great views. There was a freight train that went past but it added to the unique experience.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review and your kind comments. it's great to see your stay was so unique and that our staff took such great care of you. I have to agree the view from the top floor is pretty special. Thank again and we hope to greet you again soon.