1,055 results
All reviews castletown shopping centre lake view close to the airport fast food outlets buffet breakfast family room rooms are comfortable pleasant stay lovely pool business trip king bed great spot magnetic island celsius reception sizzler wedding
Reviewed September 14, 2018 via mobile

As my regular choice of accommodation when I am in Townsville the Mercure has yet to disappoint me. Check in was easy and professional and securing a late checkout no problem. Rooms are always clean and comfortable and staff very friendly and helpful. Facilities are good and location is ideal with Castle Town shopping centre on one side and a variety of dining choices on the other. Will continue to use this hotel and can recommend it.

Trip type: Travelled on business
MercureTownsville, Front Office Manager at Mercure Townsville, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2018

Dear Susan,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Mercure Townsville.

We are delighted to read that you had an excellent stay and enjoyed your visit at our hotel once again. It is always encouraging to learn that guests are satisfied with our service as it is what we strive for every day. I will be certain to pass on your wonderful feedback to our whole team.

Thank you for your kind feedback, and we hope to see you again soon for another wonderful journey with us.

Reviewed September 12, 2018

The location is a little out of town, but it is nice and quiet, and has lovely grounds. Big pool, great for cooling off.
A lot of wildlife around, we got accosted by a possum going back to our room around midnight. It was on the 2nd floor landing, and as we went up the stairs it got startled and tried to run, but had to get past us to get down, got quite agitated before it escaped.
Décor is a little dated, and the wardrobe small, as it also has the fridge inside it.
The biggest letdown was the bed.
Far too soft for a comfy sleep, it sagged in the middle causing us to roll together, not ideal in the heat of the tropics !

Room tip: Get a room out the back near the lake, it is fartherest from pool / reception etc and the quietest.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Stephen,

It is always a pleasure to receive positive and constructive feedback and I will be sure to share your comments with our team. I am sorry the bed was such a let down for your stay. We have just ordered some new queen beds for our family rooms and are hoping to be able to order beds for some of our other rooms soon too. So we certainly do appreciate your feedback on this. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Reviewed September 8, 2018

Booked online advising 1 night stay for 2 adults and 3 children; was prompted to book an extra room as family room could only accommodate 4 guests. I didn’t have a problem paying for the added room but did expect the rooms would be beside each other, which wasn’t the case. On checking in we were allocated rooms in seperate blocks, almost 80 metres apart. The receptionist was exceptionally rude and offered no alternative or solution to our dilemma. I asked what her organisations polices and procedures were regarding minors occuping a room without adult supervision only to have my concerns dismissed. I was told I could complete a feedback form which would be in my room, which wasn’t the case; the room had a ‘card’ that needed to be completed with my email and then returned to reception in order to leave my feedback. I completed this process and still yet to recieve any correspondence from Mercure regarding our stay.
In short; we booked a family night away to celebrate Father’s Day only to be separated, the bed in the single room was extremely uncomfortable (the hardest I’ve ever slept on), evening meal was overpriced and didn’t meet expectations and receptionist lacked professionalism. We chose not to have breakfast before checking out, but did enjoy a great cup of coffee which was served by a friendly, courteous young male waiter.

Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Jaq250,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Mercure Townsville. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

Please note that this problem was a true exception to our normal practices. I have tried to contact you directly and left messages but haven't been able to get hold of you. I wanted to let you know that we certainly take all our guests safety seriously but most definitely the safety of minors in the hotel. The receptionist you have spoken in regards to has been spoken to about the severity of your complaint so rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem. All our efforts are concentrated in preventing future occurrences.

I would like to reiterate our commitment to high quality standards, and I personally would like to make sure you will experience it during your next stay with us.

We are looking forward to welcoming you again at Mercure. Please do not hesitate to contact me at anytime as I have left my direct phone number on your voicemail.

Reviewed September 2, 2018

It's quite easy to find if you are passing through Townsville. The room was nice enough, the staff very nice and professional. Not much else to say. Appreciated a new bathroom that felt very clean. Didn't try the pool or the breakfast.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Travelbird0505,

It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback and I will be sure to share your comments with our team. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Reviewed August 27, 2018

Open and green with a tropical feel. Rooms are ok and the staff are it’s best asset. I stay here every time for business and they look after me well. Check whether the Cowboys are playing a home game. The visiting NRL teams stay here and they take up a few rooms. Never a problem noise wise though. Close to the airport to if that helps.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank markkennedy101
MercureTownsville, Front Office Manager at Mercure Townsville, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2018

Dear Mark,

Thank you for your kind feedback, and we hope to see you again soon!