“Living in the 70's but close to the Convention Centre” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Ville Resort-Casino

The Ville Resort-Casino
Ranked #8 of 42 Hotels in Townsville
Melbourne, Australia
“Living in the 70's but close to the Convention Centre”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2012

The rooms were clean but very dated and tired. We had a twin room (2 x double beds) which were very comfortable but 2 out of the 3 pillows were old and lumpy. The views across the water are beautiful. As the Hotel is adjacent to the Convention centre it is only 100 metre walk, so very handy. The cafe within the Casino is open late and the food was good and reasonably priced. The concierge was extremely helpful with a great sense of humour. Worth shopping around and getting a deal for this one. If you pay more than $150 a night you will feel ripped!

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor that faces the water.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
, Customer Engagement Coordinator at The Ville Resort-Casino, responded to this review, 27 June 2012
We sincerely appreciate your time spent to write this review about Jupiters Townsville. It was great to read our hotel was a convenient location for your needs and that you enjoyed our lovely location while staying I Townsville.
We do appreciate your comments regarding some of our hotel room appearances, we are currently in the process of completing full renovations to our hotel, we have completed renovations to our executive levels and our deluxe levels, and these include full bathroom remodelling to reflect the modern appeal of our rooms. Due to the enormity of such projects we have to complete these renovations on a floor by floor basis to minimise impact on our guests. Your appreciation of our hotel room cleanliness is most rewarding and I can provide this feedback to our executive Housekeeper. Secondly, I can understand your frustrations with not having a level of comfort in our pillows, we have recently implanted a new service by way of a pillow menu, which is located in our Hotel rooms, this allows all of our guests to replace the existing pillows with a more suitable choice for their individual comfort level, it is a simple case of choosing the required pillow type and contacting our Housekeeping department who will organise this for you immediately, this may assist you on your next stay.
Your mention of our Concierge is lovely to read, and I can assure you your praise has been forwarded to him and our Hotel Division Manager.
Again, I thank you for your review and I look forward to having the opportunity to welcome you back if you choose to stay at Jupiters on your next visit to Townsville.
Maree

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (178)
  • Indonesian first
Townsville, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2012

We stayed here just one night to catch the football. The rooms were very average, we have stayed in better accommodation in Townsville for less money. We stayed in a superior room, 2 double beds and while it was clean, I don't think that it was worth $190 a night!
We ordered room service and it really wasn't that great, we then had breakfast in the morning in Aqua which was nice but quiet expensive also.

I think we will stay elsewhere next time.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
MareeMcCahon, Customer Engagement Coordinator at The Ville Resort-Casino, responded to this review, 15 May 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I am disappointed to read that you were not satisfied with your stay with us and that you were not happy with your room, I do apologise for the frustrations caused. We do have a number of different room types and I would like to recommend you try one of our executive level or deluxe level rooms, these rooms have recently renovated and provide exceptional value. We would like to welcome you back to Jupiters Townsville to enjoy our hotel and all the services we have to offer, we do seasonally offer a range of accommodation packages and deals which provide exceptional value for our guests, you may find value if you should happen to choose to stay with us again. Again I thank you for your very valued feedback.
Southampton
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2012

We were determined not to stop in any "standard/high rise" hotels on our 25th annivesary round the world trip, but as we had spent the previous 3 nights with different friends in various places south of here, partying into the early hours, by the time we hit Townsville it was getting late, and we were absolutely shattered. So we stopped here because it was the first decent looking place we came to.
We were given a package that included valet parking, a voucher for either the casino or a drink from the bar, and breakfast. Which was a very reasonable rate.
The reception staff were very friendly and eagar to help, but also very interested in our trip and where we`d been.........we`d hardly got into the room when they delivered a bottle of local bubbly on ice, bless their little hearts.
The room was spacious,clean and very comfortable, with a wonderful view over the Marina (16th floor...and a smoking room- result !!!)
The buffet didn`t look particularly appetising, so we opted for room service. My husbands steak sandwich was "gorgeous", but I chose pizza, big mistake, it was just about the worst pizza I have EVER had, and burnt to boot.
Which put me off wanting to go down for breakfast....However I can honestly say there was such an amazing selection of food, all totally fresh, and the cooked in front of you omelette was amongst the most wonderful I`ve ever eaten.
We had a brief dip in the pool, it was beautifully cool and refreshing, and very nicely set out.
If we`d have had the chance to search for hotels in Townsville before we got there, this place would`ve been the sort we`d have not even looked at, but it more than adequately served the purpose that night, in a "standard/high rise" kind of way.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Pat-and-Maria
Thank you for your very positive and constructive review regarding your recent Jupiters Townsville experience. We are very happy you were impressed in our location, our hotel room, the variety of food we offer in our Aqua buffet breakfast and that you found great value in our accommodation package. It is great to hear Jupiters was able to be part of such a wonderful holiday celebration for you, and what a wonderful experience you must be having.
Your mention of exceptional service from our Hotel reception team is greatly appreciated and I can assure you I have shared your comments with our team for their knowledge.
Lastly, I just wanted to let you know I have provided your feedback regarding your meal ordered through our in room dining service to our executive Chef for his knowledge.
Again, thank you and I look forward to welcoming you back should you visit Townsville again.
Kindest regards
Cairns, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2012 via mobile

After scouring the Internet looking for the best deal for one night in Townsville, I called Jupiters and got a fantastic room, for a family of 4 with 2 young kids, for the same price as a cheap 3* motel! I think I paid around $175 including breakfast for all 4 of use! The room was excellent (we were given an upgrade to an executive room, which was amazing!) and the refurbished bathroom was unlike anything I had ever seen! It was cheaper than anything I found online, and fantastic value for money compared to other Townsville hotels. The breakfast a Aqua was awesome too. Definitely stay here!!

Stayed March 2012
I am thrilled to read your pleasant review, it is a pleasure to read you and your family enjoyed all we have to offer. I am so pleased to read you enjoyed one of our recently renovated Executive Room, the rooms are quite spectacular. Our packages do offer great accommodation value and we do like to offer these throughout the year.
I look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you back on your next stay at Jupiters.
Kindest regards
Caloundra, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2012

I stayed at Jupiters in Townsville for a business trip and thank god my company paid for the entire stay. The room was really nice however I was granted an upgrade when I checked in so I can't comment on the standard room but the Deluxe Room was newly renovated and very modest. The worst part about the stay was the food !!!!. I arrived late as my flight from Brisbane was late. On arrival I checked in with no hassles and then decided to find somewhere to eat. I wished that I would have checked out the other restaurants/cafes within the hotel as the AQUA Buffet was disgusting. Each person that was serving themselves food from the buffet was complaining. At $36.00 a head the buffet was a complete waste of money. The food was just leftovers from the 6.30pm sitting and I just filled up on the leftover as I was starving. I ended up ordering Room Service for breakfast as I didn't want to chance having a crapy breakfast at the AQUA Restaurant. I must admit the breakfast I ordered for Room Service in the morning was nice and fresh but nothing spectacular after being charged $19.00 for poached eggs on dry toast without any butter. I would stay here as the room was nice but this was a Deluxe Room but I think the hotel is up the northern end of the Strand area so I bit of a walk down to the Lagoon etc.

Room Tip: Rooms over looking the pool and water and a Deluxe Room which was newly renovated was really nice.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank SSC7
It was wonderful to read you enjoyed our newly renovated Deluxe level rooms, and we are very lucky to be positioned in a great spot to take advantage of such wonderful views from our Hotel rooms.
I was disappointed to read we did not fully meet your expectations during your dining experience at Aqua Buffet, it was disheartening to read your comments about the quality and variety of the food served, and I can assure you I have forwarded your comments to our Executive Chef for his knowledge.
We truly value feedback from each of our guests as it assists us with making improvements to what we currently offer.
I do look forward to hearing from you if you choose to stay with us again, and again, thank you for your review.
Kind regards
Sydney
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2012

We were booked into the Mecure Towsville, and left immediately due to insects in the room.

I look online and the Executive Rooms at Jupiter's looked like a 5 star hotel. The front desk agents were even kind enough to take a reservation without our credit card details so we could inspect the rooms first. We were given a room showing by the concierge, and were very impressed. The Executive Rooms and definitely 5 star, modern furnishings, beautiful artwork, and stunning water views. We even got a $10 credit which we used for the mini bar which was a nice touch.

The location is on the marina, right by the Magnetic Island ferry terminal.

Absolutely the only place to stay in Townsville.

Room Tip: Booked a top floor Executive room.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank mikeyaus
Thank you for your fantastic review, the location of our hotel is very accessible and convenient and I agree our Executive level rooms are very impressive and it is great to see you enjoyed your overall Jupiters Townsville experience.
I look forward to welcoming you back to Jupiters again soon.
Warmest regards
mackay,australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2012

First time on the top floor, what a view. We overlooked the marina this time which we enjoyed as we could enjoy all the city lights & castle hill. The room was amazing with new decor and wonderfully plump pillows. The staff was excellent as usually also.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
MareeMcCahon, Custoemr Engagement Coordinator at The Ville Resort-Casino, responded to this review, 15 May 2012
It is great to see you enjoyed such a wonderful relaxing weekend at Jupiters Townsville. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor.
The view of our wonderful landmark castle hill is outstanding from the Marina side of our hotel, we are very lucky to have such a great vantage point for all of our guests to enjoy Townsville’s icon.. Your amazement with our Executive Level room is very pleasing, as our team works hard to build on a decoration concept to create an great ambience in our rooms to ensure our guests total comfort.
Your mention of our team for providing you with great service is very much appreciated as our team works hard on assisting our guests to achieve an overall satisfaction with their experiences here at Jupiters.
Again, thank you, and we hope to have the pleasure of your return when next in Townsville.