All reviews castle hill communal balcony great location within walking distance close to town microwave and toaster spacious room conference room lady at reception no lift pleasant stay walk in shower cowboys leagues club two night stay bbq area great shower small pool home away from home
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

When I first checked in and was given a key, I opened the assigned room door and unlocked it, only to find someone already in there!

Embarrassed (for them & me), I apologised and walked back to reception. The manageress blamed ‘other staff’ and assigned me another room... which was fortunately empty.

Room was spacious with a single & double bed. It was airy with views of the ocean and Castle Hill.

However when I was checking out the next day another guy who was loading his car at the same time said someone had got into his room (he admitted he had not locked his door...) in the middle of the night and taken his wallet!

I wasn’t able to help or verify his story but given my it’s all a bit suspect...

Stayed: September 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We needed a place to stay for 4 to 5 nights while our yacht was on the hard stand. We have a little dog and that’s always an issue when looking for accommodation.
But this motel really welcomes pets and that made it a pleasant stay for us.
The rooms are clean, comfortable and there is plenty of parking, a pool and a BBQ area.

They have a fridge, microwave, kettle and toaster but we found the space a bit small to prepare food so we ordered in mostly.

I would definitely come back here. Close to town and the Strand as well.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank buzzah
Reviewed August 20, 2018

The rooms are nice and clean. The Property is close to the Town on a hill. A short distance to town and to the Beach. The place is nice and quite which is perfect for any traveller and family. It is also a safe place

Room Tip: Great value for $$
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed August 19, 2018 via mobile

We needed some extra days in Townsville and found this older style motel on the hill above town centre but still walking distance to the Strand. Whilst basic,the unit was clean and very adequate.Staff were helpful and it would be hard to beat for the amount charged..

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 1, 2018

This is an older-style motel but nicely modernised and renovated and well maintained. It's very close to town and with views around and the staff were great. It was very clean and the price was very reasonable. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends