“Awesome Adventure”

US$614.71*
and up
5-Day Fraser Island and Great Barrier Reef Tour
More attraction details
Owner description: Australian Sunset Safaris is the largest and most popular multi-day tour operation to Fraser Island, departing from Brisbane, Gold Coast and Sunshine Coast.Sunset Safaris offer RESORT accommodation and LUXURY 4WD Buses with state of the art multi language commentary systems. We also offer the most popular Great Barrier Reef Tour, departing Brisbane, Gold Coast and Sunshine Coast, and 5 & 6-Day Fraser Island and Great Barrier Reef Tour Packages that gives you the very best of both worlds. With Free upgrades and Free tours added into our multi-day tours, we are sure you will be pleasantly surprised at the incredible value for money Sunset Safaris offers all of it's customers.
Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

I had a great time on the two day excursion with my mother in law! Our guide Keith liked his job and it showed, we learned and saw so much of the beautiful island in just two short days. I definitely recommend this trip, you have to be active to get to some of the locations but they are so worth it!!

All reviews
in 19 reviews
"rainbow beach"
in 29 reviews

Reviewed April 3, 2018

My sister and I did the 1 day Get Wrecked tour and had a blast! The staff were so friendly and helpful. Guides/brother and sister Chris and Natasha made it very enjoyable and deserve huge credit!
We were supposed to be picked up by their driver it’s the Sunshine Coast Info Center in Moorychadore but we couldn’t find it in the dark of the early morning so missed it and had to be driven down to Brisbane (lots of traffic so be prepared). The ferry ride to the island was nice and not too long. We purchased a snack at their snack shop. Guides were met as we checked in and we could tell from their personalities and how were treated that we were in for a good time! The ferry pulled up right onto the sand. The beach was beautiful. We joined everyone in our group, about 30, at their trailer and were divided into 2 groups. Our group did water sports first. We donned our black full wet suits and grabbed a 2-up transparent kayak. We walked our kayak against the wind about 2 foot in the water. Due to the strong winds and current from the effects of cyclone Marcus up north, it was decided to abort kayaking and double the snorkel time which was fine! We got our snorkel equipment and grabbed a hold of a handle on a board attached to a waverunner that Natasha was using to pull us all out several yards against the current/winds to the wrecks (about 10 yrs ago they sunk heavy equipment to create a reef!) We had an hour an half or so to snorkel around these items and saw beautiful colored fish of all sizes and shapes, corals and even a shark! Very fun and interesting. We had lunch on the beach consisting of a variety of meats and veggies and made sandwiches. Then our group hopped on board the bus sized 4-wheel drive vehicle with guide Chris as driver. He took up and into the island and after about 1/2 an hour we arrived up in "The Desert." Moreton Island is mostly sand. Our ride was fun, interesting and informative as we learned about the island wildlife and flora. We each were given a toboggan and instructed on how to use it. We climbed up a bit more to the big hill and went down it! Thrilling - keep eyes and mouth shut for the most part. Goggles would be great! Very fun. Back to the beach after everyone made 3-4 slides down and group photos! We went swimming on the beautiful beach then headed to the ferry for our ride back to Brisbane. Highly recommend this guided trip to Moreton!

1  Thank Heidi G
Reviewed April 1, 2018

I booked the 3D2N Fraser Island Eco Tour from Sunset Safari after doing some research on the available tours online.

It turned out to be an excellent decision as the 4WD vehicle used was comfy and relatively new, accommodation organised (Eurong Resort) had decent Quad-share room with a really good dinner buffet (included in price) for its price point, well-paced itinerary to allow us enough time in each visit to take photos and videos,
AND MORE IMPORTANTLY.. the tour guide Andrew was an awesome bloke whom is very knowledgeable about the island & enthusiastic about what he does.

How do you know a tour guide is good? Be unfortunate (or fortunate?) enough to go during relatively poor weather (cloudy, rough ocean and intermittent showers), and the experience of the tour really depends on the ability of the tour guide to explain things in an interesting manner and do his best despite to lighten up the situation. Andrew did just that and he's always ready to share his previous tour experiences during dinner time and at the Beach Bar.

I would highly recommend anyone to book this tour and as someone who travelled solo, I made a couple of new European friends during the process and it made it all the more memorable.

1  Thank JasonCJS
Reviewed March 30, 2018 via mobile

Absolutely loved this tour!! Tour guide - Andrew was great and funny, he told us a lot of interesting things. At night time he even showed us Milky Way, I honestly have never seen so many starts in my life. Group was small, only 9 of us, very informative, relaxed, interesting tour. Accommodation was good, was was also good. Highly recommend.

1  Thank travel20180231
See more reviews
Reviewed March 29, 2018 via mobile

I don't know what this company knows about costumer service. On monday 26th of march i missed the bus for my trip to Moreton Island, i called and the manager was very aggressive with his responses, he talk to me like he doesn't care and the only thing he offered was a 20% of discount in my next booking?
they keep the money $160 AUD and do nothing. That's easy money for them i think. If you're planning to book with this company think twice, they don't care about the costumer, they are not trustable.

Greg A, Owner at Australian Sunset Safaris Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2018

Dear Mariana,

Thank you kindly for the opportunity to respond to your Trip Advisor Review.

Australian Sunset Safaris loves their customers, and this is reflected in everything we do, including cooperation and help toward our customers. You know what you have written is not true Mariana, and I have taken the time to explain this for other readers to see later in this response. Before you wrote this review about Sunset Safaris, you trashed the "Travel Agent" that sold you the ticket on Social Media in an attempt to get a full refund from her. This was extremely upsetting for the Travel Agent who contacted me requesting my help.

As you have promised, you have then followed up on your disappointing threat to post a negative review on all Social Media sites about Sunset Safaris in an attempt to force Sunset Safaris to "give you back all your money." As you know Mariana, I was not aggressive on the phone to you at all. ALL of the aggression and demands were from you alone in an attempt to force a full refund. At no time did I or Sunset Safaris become aggressive. Please note that Sunset Safaris has no motive or reason to be aggressive. Your aggression progressed to profanity and threats, to which I politely declined to continue the phone call under such abusive circumstances. I apologize if this has caused offence, as this was not my intention, however please kindly note that I was personally offended by the comments and profanity levelled at me. As you are aware, the phone call was recorded, and subsequent analysis of the phone call by the other directors of Sunset Safaris confirm this.
As it was explained on the phone, our cancelation policy is one of the most relaxed cancelation policies in the industry. Many companies have outrageous 100% non-refundable policies if you cancel within 30 days. Sunset Safaris only enforce a 100% cancelation policy if cancelled within 24 hours. As you have described, you slept in and failed to turn up to the pick-up point, therefore the cancelation policy applies.

The underlying reasons we are unable to comply with your demand for a full refund is due to the fact that:
a. The tour was booked out, and we could have sold your seat to many other customers that missed out on enjoying that tour (a similar policy to every airline and all other tour companies).
b. We have already spent money on Food, Tour Guides and Agent Commissions for you, none of which are refundable to us. For us to give you a full refund would COST us money to do so (not just refund).
c. Upon purchasing the ticket, you were made fully aware of the 100% cancellation policy if you failed to meet the bus. You confirmed this on the phone when you spoke to me.
Due to the fact you are a student, and due to the fact that your situation appeared to be genuine, I proceeded to offer you a generous discount return ticket. However you refused to accept the offer of a 30% return booking discount, stating that you would only accept a full refund. I politely declined to agree to your demands, and explained the above reasons why. You then threatened Sunset Safaris with negative Social Media reviews if we did not comply with your demands, and proceeded to become extremely abusive and offensive over the phone. I chose not to respond to the abuse and threats, and POLITELY declined to continue the phone call under such abusive circumstances.
Based on principle, we will continue to be unable to offer a full refund (as small as the amount is) regardless of your promise to remove your false reviews from social media if we comply with your demands. Your false reviews are an abuse of Social Media power, and is very disappointing and unfair.

We wish you all the best, and hope you understand our situation.

GREG and the Sunset Safaris Team.