Open today: 6:30 a.m. - 11:30 p.m.
Book In Advance
Tours from Bums On Seats Day Tours tend to sell out - travellers recommend booking in advance!

Ways to Experience Bums On Seats Day Tours
from US$84.30
from US$72.60
from US$604.80
More Info
All reviews barossa valley maggie beers victor harbour mclaren vale driver paul day trip small group food wine tour great tour barossa wine rocking horse winery tour personal tour visited wineries his knowledge whispering wall jokes
Reviewed 1 week ago

The communication was organised with Paul who was very helpful and we were picked up by Peter our driver and guide for the day. Peter was fantastic and shared great knowledge but also had great humour about him. We visited Langmeil which was our favourite wine stop of the day, seppeltsfield, Kies wines and Lambert estate. Our personal opinion is that of them were great except Lambert.

Overall it was a great trip and we would strongly recommend a tour with bums on seats. Thank you again!

BumsOnSeatsTours, Owner at Bums On Seats Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Hello Jesse T

Thanks for your review and honesty
We are so glad we were able to show you a little part of Adelaide SA come back soon ok?

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We didn't regret booking a day long tour of the Barossa valley with "Bums on Seats" .
Within the first 20 minutes we met our co travellers and were gently ribbed by driver, Paul, as he delivered fast facts about Adelaide and the route to excellent wineries with charismatic cellarmasters.
Pauls origins lie in the Barossa Valley and he is quietly proud of this whilst cracking jokes about everything from sport to family life whilst he conveyed us home to our hotels. He kept us safe all day and well entertained. After a relaxed lunch, the visits to the cheese shop and Maggie Beers farm shop completed a very enjoyable trip.

Hey Jane A

Great Customers Great day

Thanks for your GREAT review and kind words.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We come across this tour at short notice and were blown away by our tour guy Dave! He was very easy going and informative on all areas (in the city and country) and squeezed as much as possible into the tour, 4 wine cellars (which had anywhere between 8 to 14 wine tastings). Lunch was unreal, then the rest of the day was left up to where we wanted to see, which resulted in being an hour and a half late to which Dave wasn’t worried. Just goes to show, they are all about showing us a good time.

Hello Ryan B

And Thanks you so much for you kind review about dave and his Tour on this day

Hope to see you back sometime/

Your review has been passed onto david

Reviewed October 4, 2018

What a day! Jim collected us from the hotel, and off we went. We joined three others so, we were a small group of five - which led to great flexibility. first stop was Handorf for coffee and cakes - amazing! Then a quick stop at Melba's chocolates - yum! We took a quick detour to listen to The Whispering Wall (Barossa Dam) - amazing!
Then off to the wineries, to taste taste taste - and spent time at Maggie Beer's (any Master Chef fan will be over the moon!), for more wine and good eats! One final winery, - my choice - Yalumba! More special because a friend from many years ago works there! So delightful to have her pour our tastings! SPECIAL.
Even though our day was ending, and it was time to return, Jim (our delightful guide and driver) wanted us to see the Valley from way way up! So off we went to the Barossaa Pioneer Memorial - spectacular views. The day will remain one of highlight in Australia - and the wine wasn't bad either! Small group with flexibility kept it easy paced! Definitely a must!

BumsOnSeatsTours, Owner at Bums On Seats Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Thanks Maria for your beautiful review

Reviewed October 2, 2018 via mobile

Paul runs an easy tour of Handorf & Barossa. Pick was 9.20am with drop off bout 5.00pm. Paul gives a running commentary on the drive going through a rehearsed history of the area. Stopped in Handorf for a coffee & cake. Paul’s local was $6.90 and good value but other places pretty much the same. A pleasant time to wander. I’d do the coffee after the wander next time. Paul’s jokes are a bit lame but he’s a pleasant enough guy. He doesn’t know about wine really so this is really just a transport Tour really. The cellar stop and lunch at Kies Winery was the highlight for me. The Maggie Beers stop was rushed. Group number was 10 plus Paul. All in all a worthwhile and fair priced tour option.

Hello Siverfox

And thank you for your glowing review

I have never pretended to be a wine maker or a wine expert :) but surely after thirteen years in the wine tour business I might have some idea?

But most of the time I would like you to meet the fantastic guys and girls and wine makers behind the cellar door to give you the information that is 100% correct as wine news changes from day to day vintage to vintage..

Thank you for revealing my arrangement discount price at our selected Haus Resturant

I challenge all my future great customers to price up every other venue in Hahndorf? In fact I will make it part of my tour :) if anyone finds a similar coffee and for under or equal to my price I will give them their money back ! Ps I will be the final judge after tast testing it he he

I would ask all my future customers if you have any special requests we will do our best to make it happen, remembering sometimes we have to be honest and say it’s not possible, but adjustments in times can be arranged if you speak up in the beginning of the tour or at least the first stop..
Give us the time to move things around to suit everyone.. we are the only company on a join us tour can do that, every other tour company have planed times arriving and leaving and have no time to add or delete if it doesn’t suit their customers..

Reviewed September 30, 2018 via mobile

Enjoyable day , picked up on time as planned. Wineries and tasting were good with great information on the wines and the area. The tour however said we would visit 4 to 5 wineries , Maggie Beet , cheese and wurthust tasting . We only ended up going to 3 wineries , no cheese or wurthurst anywhere . 2 of the lunch options were unavailable leaving only 4 options. It would have been nice to visit a winery after lunch rather than having lunch and then on to Magyar Beet Farm.I do not consider Maggie Beers a winery as no one was available for tasting when we were there and the wait for coffee was exceptionally long. I have done tours with this company previously and have been very happy .Today even though it was an enjoyable day could have been improved . I think we spent too much time at the first 2 wineries which then resulted in not having time for wineries after lunch.

2  Thank cathytay24

Hello and thanks for your review

I’m sorry you felt that way I only wished you would say that on the day??

Speak up travelers if you tell me something is wrong on the day at least I have a chance to fix things for you..

But no your would rather bag me on trip advisor?

Sorry you had a bad day again and hope we can make it up to you on your next visit?

Reviewed September 24, 2018 via mobile

thanks Peter for a wonderful day out. You managed to fit in all the highlights without to much rushing. Time to go off on our own sometimes and great recommendations. Wine, chocolate and cheeses and wonderful Maggie Beers!

BumsOnSeatsTours, Owner at Bums On Seats Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2018

Hello Five happy travellers5

Thank you for a great review I have passed your review onto Peter

Reviewed September 9, 2018 via mobile

We did an extensive two and a half days of touring with Bums on Seats. Paul (owner/driver) organised our half day tour of Adelaide Highlights so we could cover a lot of the city, incluing Port Adelaide and Glenelg. Great introduction to Adelaide.
The second day we visited Mt Lofty, Hahndorf, Goolwa, Victor Harbour and then the McLaren Vale area (picturesque). Paul
kept us all entertained and was able to add extras to the trip including seeing Koalas and Kangaroos in their own habitats, and the beauty of a Canola field in flower.
The third day we spent on the Barossa Valley food & wine tour & Maggie Beer,s Farm. Wineries within the Adelaide hills (beautiful) and interesting. Delightful stop at Maggie Beer’s farm shop and grounds. We were also shown an introduced to Seppeltsfield Cooperage (very interesting) which was a little bonus on the tour. We found these tours interesting, enjoyable, great way to see a lot of sights/well known areas in such a close area of Adelaide, and of good value. Thanks Bums on Seats.

Hello Barb

And Thank you for your great review, I hope we see you back soon

paul

Reviewed September 5, 2018 via mobile

You will not regret the decision to spend the day with Paul and Bums on Seats Tours. We had an amazing time!
Paul is full of knowledge and has amazing customer service skills.

While in Adelaide this is a must do and I recommend it for all.

You get collected from and dropped off right near your accommodation which was awesome - especially after a long day.

Book with Paul - you won’t be disappointed.

2  Thank Jeja_5

Thats the reviews we want he he

Thanks for being great customers see you again soon ?/

Reviewed August 11, 2018 via mobile

We had the most fantastic day with Bums on Seats Tours. Dave was really awesome & knowledgeable as well as extremely tolerant with a bus full of 8 crazy ladies. We loved the flexibility of being able to tailor the day to us. What an amazing part of the world. Would thoroughly recommend.

BumsOnSeatsTours, Owner at Bums On Seats Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2018

Hello Vikki P

and thank you for your kind review :) we are glad that you ladies had a great day and your review has been passed onto dave and he also says thank you.

BOS