Open today: 6:30 a.m. - 11:30 p.m.
Book In Advance
Tours from Bums On Seats Day Tours tend to sell out - travellers recommend booking in advance!

Ways to Experience Bums On Seats Day Tours
from US$94.90
from US$84.00
from US$72.30
from US$86.90
More Info
All reviews barossa valley maggie beers victor harbour mclaren vale driver paul day trip food wine tour small group great tour barossa wine rocking horse winery tour personal tour visited wineries picked up from our hotel whispering wall his knowledge
Reviewed 1 week ago

Absolutely loved the day from start to finish, we really didn't know what to expect as it was our first time visiting Adelaide and we always talked of sipping wine in the Barossa Valley. As soon as we saw the bus pull up and Dave our drivers cheery face we knew we were in for a great day and it did not disappoint. Was an enjoyable day and both of us walked away with smiles, would highly recommend to any of my family and friends. Christmas this year will be even better knowing my bottles of wine were purchased from Kersbrook Hill Wines and Te.Aro Estate. Each stop was wonderful, the last stop being Penfold's where we had the Gin tasting, was a perfect way to end the tour! Really appreciate a well thought out day which a tour guide that was happy to chat and knew about the Adelaide history :)

Date of experience: November 2018
Reviewed October 27, 2018 via mobile

We come across this tour at short notice and were blown away by our tour guy Dave! He was very easy going and informative on all areas (in the city and country) and squeezed as much as possible into the tour, 4 wine cellars (which had anywhere between 8 to 14 wine tastings). Lunch was unreal, then the rest of the day was left up to where we wanted to see, which resulted in being an hour and a half late to which Dave wasn’t worried. Just goes to show, they are all about showing us a good time.

Date of experience: October 2018
BumsOnSeatsTours, Owner at Bums On Seats Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2018

Hello Ryan B

And Thanks you so much for you kind review about dave and his Tour on this day

Hope to see you back sometime/

Your review has been passed onto david

Reviewed October 2, 2018 via mobile

Paul runs an easy tour of Handorf & Barossa. Pick was 9.20am with drop off bout 5.00pm. Paul gives a running commentary on the drive going through a rehearsed history of the area. Stopped in Handorf for a coffee & cake. Paul’s local was $6.90 and good value but other places pretty much the same. A pleasant time to wander. I’d do the coffee after the wander next time. Paul’s jokes are a bit lame but he’s a pleasant enough guy. He doesn’t know about wine really so this is really just a transport Tour really. The cellar stop and lunch at Kies Winery was the highlight for me. The Maggie Beers stop was rushed. Group number was 10 plus Paul. All in all a worthwhile and fair priced tour option.

Date of experience: October 2018
BumsOnSeatsTours, Owner at Bums On Seats Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded October 27, 2018

Hello Siverfox

And thank you for your glowing review

I have never pretended to be a wine maker or a wine expert :) but surely after thirteen years in the wine tour business I might have some idea?

But most of the time I would like you to meet the fantastic guys and girls and wine makers behind the cellar door to give you the information that is 100% correct as wine news changes from day to day vintage to vintage..

Thank you for revealing my arrangement discount price at our selected Haus Resturant

I challenge all my future great customers to price up every other venue in Hahndorf? In fact I will make it part of my tour :) if anyone finds a similar coffee and for under or equal to my price I will give them their money back ! Ps I will be the final judge after tast testing it he he

I would ask all my future customers if you have any special requests we will do our best to make it happen, remembering sometimes we have to be honest and say it’s not possible, but adjustments in times can be arranged if you speak up in the beginning of the tour or at least the first stop..
Give us the time to move things around to suit everyone.. we are the only company on a join us tour can do that, every other tour company have planed times arriving and leaving and have no time to add or delete if it doesn’t suit their customers..

Reviewed September 30, 2018 via mobile

Enjoyable day , picked up on time as planned. Wineries and tasting were good with great information on the wines and the area. The tour however said we would visit 4 to 5 wineries , Maggie Beet , cheese and wurthust tasting . We only ended up going to 3 wineries , no cheese or wurthurst anywhere . 2 of the lunch options were unavailable leaving only 4 options. It would have been nice to visit a winery after lunch rather than having lunch and then on to Magyar Beet Farm.I do not consider Maggie Beers a winery as no one was available for tasting when we were there and the wait for coffee was exceptionally long. I have done tours with this company previously and have been very happy .Today even though it was an enjoyable day could have been improved . I think we spent too much time at the first 2 wineries which then resulted in not having time for wineries after lunch.

Date of experience: September 2018
2  Thank cathytay24
BumsOnSeatsTours, Owner at Bums On Seats Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2018

Hello and thanks for your review

I’m sorry you felt that way I only wished you would say that on the day??

Speak up travelers if you tell me something is wrong on the day at least I have a chance to fix things for you..

But no your would rather bag me on trip advisor?

Sorry you had a bad day again and hope we can make it up to you on your next visit?

Reviewed September 9, 2018 via mobile

We did an extensive two and a half days of touring with Bums on Seats. Paul (owner/driver) organised our half day tour of Adelaide Highlights so we could cover a lot of the city, incluing Port Adelaide and Glenelg. Great introduction to Adelaide.
The second day we visited Mt Lofty, Hahndorf, Goolwa, Victor Harbour and then the McLaren Vale area (picturesque). Paul
kept us all entertained and was able to add extras to the trip including seeing Koalas and Kangaroos in their own habitats, and the beauty of a Canola field in flower.
The third day we spent on the Barossa Valley food & wine tour & Maggie Beer,s Farm. Wineries within the Adelaide hills (beautiful) and interesting. Delightful stop at Maggie Beer’s farm shop and grounds. We were also shown an introduced to Seppeltsfield Cooperage (very interesting) which was a little bonus on the tour. We found these tours interesting, enjoyable, great way to see a lot of sights/well known areas in such a close area of Adelaide, and of good value. Thanks Bums on Seats.

Date of experience: September 2018
BumsOnSeatsTours, Owner at Bums On Seats Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2018

Hello Barb

And Thank you for your great review, I hope we see you back soon

paul

Reviewed August 11, 2018 via mobile

We had the most fantastic day with Bums on Seats Tours. Dave was really awesome & knowledgeable as well as extremely tolerant with a bus full of 8 crazy ladies. We loved the flexibility of being able to tailor the day to us. What an amazing part of the world. Would thoroughly recommend.

Date of experience: August 2018
BumsOnSeatsTours, Owner at Bums On Seats Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2018

Hello Vikki P

and thank you for your kind review :) we are glad that you ladies had a great day and your review has been passed onto dave and he also says thank you.

BOS