“Still Adelaide's grande dame”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Hilton Adelaide

Hilton Adelaide
Ranked #17 of 57 Hotels in Adelaide
Melbourne, Australia
“Still Adelaide's grande dame”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2012

The Adelaide Hilton seems to have been there forever. The staff has remained pretty constant. The Grange and its great chef are gone, but the food remains better than average and the rooms are clean and fresh. The front desk is competent and the concierge service works. My only problem was the lounge bar where the service was sloppy and careless and the cocktail I ordered was amatuerishly put together. Still and all this was small potatoes. I will return.

Room Tip: Definitely Club floor
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Gary40
AJHeath, General Manager at Hilton Adelaide, responded to this review, 29 March 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback following your recent stay at Hilton Adelaide. I appreciate your kind words regarding the team and our facilities.

Our Executive Chef and his kitchen team have fully embraced our ‘Seriously South Australian’ food philosophy, which means that we only use the freshest and best ingredients sourced from South Australia and I am glad that you enjoyed it.

I was disappointed to read that we did not meet your expectations for the Lobby Lounge and I have shared your feedback with our Food and Beverage Services Manager for his review.

It is great to hear that you will be returning and my team and I look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to the Hilton Adelaide soon.

Michael Schmitt

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (401)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Brisbane, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2012 via mobile

The good : comfortable bed, good workstation area, bathroom small but well appointed, friendly staff . The not so good : free wifi is only avaliable inthe lobby and is painfully slow and cuts out. A lot. No room service available after 10 pm!!! I tried ordering a light meal in the lobby bar at 9.15 pm to be told the kitchen was under huge pressure and my order ( which was a caesar salad ! ) would take over 40 mins. Forget it...Overall an ok stay, but these 2 issues - free wifi, and the ability to order a late night snack - would really bring this hotel up to usual standards expected by business travellers these days.

Stayed March 2012
1 Thank Bon2005
Dear Guest

Thank you for sharing your review of your recent stay at Hilton Adelaide.

I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and appreciate your kind words for the team and their spirit of genuine hospitality.

I also appreciate your reflections on the internet services provided and are pleased to advise that a review of the services in all public areas is currently on the way.

We do offer a 24hr room service menu which is available in the room compendium and should have also been highlighted when you spoke to room service. Regarding the lobby lounge, I do agree and share your disappointment on the long wait and will work together with the Food & Beverage Services Manager and Executive Chef to be better prepared at busy times.

I would however encourage you treat this as an exception rather than a reflection of the hotel. I would welcome the opportunity to talk to you personally about the above points and therefore would appreciate if you could contact me on 08 8237 0726 or at adelaide@hilton.com.

I am looking forward to welcoming you back to Hilton Adelaide in the future.

Perth
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2012

I had a short stay at the Hilton Adelaide and was delighted with the staff and the hotel itself. I experienced polite, helpful and genuinely happy service from the front desk, door staff/valets, housekeeping and restaurant staff. I stayed for only 3 nights, yet after arrival the front staff managed to remember my name and have my car waiting for me.

The hotel itself is very comfortable. The rooms are well furnished and tastefully decorated. I feel they are worthy of the Hilton name and would have no hesitation in staying again on my return to Adelaide.

I didn't dine much in the hotel, however breakfast and coffee in the Brasserie were aboslutely top notch. Hotel buffet breakfasts can be a sad affair, but the Brasserie managed to deliver a decent meal.

The only downside to this hotel is that the walls seem to be a bit thin, so sound from the hallway and other rooms, even the elevators, can be disturbing. Despite this, I enjoyed the best sleep I've had in years!

Thank you to the staff and management - keep up the good work.

Details: Hilton HHonors Gold member, Executive King room.

Room Tip: Request a room furthest from the elevator shafts.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience of Hilton Adelaide.

I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and appreciate your kind words for the team.

I am pleased that you had the opportunity to utilise many of our facilities. We take pride in delivering a great Hilton breakfast and I dare say it is one of the most lavish in Adelaide.

It would be great if you could contact me directly on 08 8237 0726 or at adelaide@hilton.com. So I can add room preferences such as ‘away from the elevators’ and ‘non-connecting room’ to your profile. I also would be delighted to personally look after your next booking.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Hilton Adelaide soon.

Perth, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2012

This is an older 70s style building but has been kept fresh and new with updates. Received a free room upgrade at check in without asking. My room had a great view of the city and Adelaide Hills. The other side of the hotel gives you ocean views. The bed was very comfortable and the room was spacious. Room service is too expensive but that's normal in Australia. However the Bistro/Deli downstairs was good value for lunch. The city's Farmer's Markets are just around the corner. Definitely worth a stay.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Leerja74
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your review of Hilton Adelaide.

I was very pleased to read that you have enjoyed your experiences of the hotel in general and our Brasserie / Deli in particular. The hotel does enjoy an unbeatable location right next to the Central Markets, China Town and the dining precinct of Gouger Street as well as being close to both the city and transport to the beachside suburbs.

Naturally I was pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Jannali, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2012

Just about everything about this hotel was up to the normal Hilton exceptional standard. I was only disappointed in a couple of things such as the smallish pool, cool water spa, standard of food in the Executive Lounge and failure of the person making up the room to put upper sheets on the beds even when a message was left.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
Dear Guest,

I am delighted that you enjoyed your time at Hilton Adelaide recently and thank you for sharing your experience.

The services and facilities of the Executive Lounge have recently been updated and we review the offering regularly to ensure we have the right mix.

I also note your feedback regarding our pool and spa facilities: Our outdoor pool temperature runs at a consistent 26 degrees, whilst our inside spa has a temperature of 36 degrees. Are you suggesting that the temperatures should be warmer?

Naturally I was disappointed with the standard of housekeeping you experienced throughout your stay and that the issue was not resolved upon your first request. Our Executive Housekeeper will discuss this with her team so they are more attentive to this issue moving forward.

It would be great if you could contact me directly on the above mentioned points and I would be delighted to discuss them further with you. Thank you again for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you again to Hilton Adelaide.

Egham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2012

We have stayed at this hotel several times before. This time we had two stays either end of a break in the Adelaide Hills.

We are long standing HHonors members and we always get well treated here. First stay was a recently refurbished room which looks very modern and spacious. Nice decoration and very comfortable bed. Second stay was an older room on the Executive floor. I prefer the layout of these rooms but it did look somewhat dated compared to our other room.

The Executive Lounge is very good although it can get a little crowded. However, we had two very different experiences in terms of the lounge hosts. To be fair, apart from the young man who was in charge on the Sunday night, they were all very helpful and happy to have a chat. The young man in question was a complete waste of space - if you wanted anything you got it yourself or you knocked on the kitchen door to wake him up!

Overall this is an excellent hotel in a great location with most of the staff very happy to help.

Room Tip: The ones at the back overlooking the Central Market are quieter but no view to speak of
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
AJHeath, General Manager at Hilton Adelaide, responded to this review, 15 March 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts from your recent stay at the Hilton Adelaide. Happy to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your recent visit and your continued loyalty to the hotel.

I did note your feedback regarding the décor of our rooms. Our modern and recently refurbished Deluxe rooms do have a minimalistic theme to them where as our Executive & Deluxe Plus rooms have a more timeless look and feel with more artwork apparent.

I appreciate your comments regarding the Executive Lounge team, and expressing your concern on the service standards. Moving forward I will evaluate these areas with the Executive Lounge Manager to relieve further disappointment in future stays.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Kind regards
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2012

Busy for the Adelaide festival, and individual staff very very nice and helpful especially in the Executive Lounge.
Swimming pool and hot tub all a bit cramped and needing refurbishment.
Breakfast in bistro is OK but at busy times not enough staff and certain food items "finished"... not really acceptable in a 4 * hotel... Dirty dishes piling up at a servery right next to tables...bad planning and staff overwhelmed with too many guests.
Reported issues but no response from Management...who seemed very absent and need to connect more with guests in the hotel.
Less good than the time we had there a few years back...and now much more expensive too.

Room Tip: Get a deal forthe Executive Floor level with free breakfast
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank wemyss1
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience of Hilton Adelaide. I am pleased that you were able to enjoy our Executive Lounge and appreciate your kind words reflecting the service provided by our team.

I appreciate that we did not meet your expectations in certain areas on this occasion and would encourage you to contact me personally so I may speak with you further regarding your stay with us.

I can be contacted on adelaide@hilton.com.

Thank you again for sharing your review and I look forward to speaking with your further.