“Our favourite hotel for stay-cations”

Majestic Roof Garden Hotel
Ranked #3 of 56 Hotels in Adelaide
Reviewed 1 May 2012

My partner and I have stayed here three times now, I think it is safe to say we are addicted to the place! Each time we have stayed in an Executive Deluxe room, and I could not recommend them more highly! The rooms are just lovely, and so spacious, with big comfortable beds. Every time we've stayed we have slept really well, and not heard any noises from outside.

By far the best feature is the gorgeous bathrooms! It features a big shower, and a huge bath tub, with sliding doors so you can see into the bedroom. If you sit in the right spot you can watch tv from the bath! So relaxing!

The service we received was fantastic each time too, everybody is always very friendly and helpful.

Oh and we've had the buffet breakfast included in our stays twice now, and it is simply devine! Eggs, bacon, toast, croissants, cereal, yogurt, fruit ... such a large selection, and all very yummy!

We will most definitely be back next time we need a break from life :)
Thank you!

Room Tip: If you are going to be in your hotel room all night, opt for the 24 hour box office package. For $24...
1  Thank Calli J
Michael C, Manager at Majestic Roof Garden Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2012

Dear Calli J,

Thank you for your positive review of our Hotel. It was great to hear you had an enjoyable experience with us and that you found the service from our team to be fantastic.

I look forward to having you back soon.

Michael Collis

Write a ReviewReviews (2,096)

Reviewed 15 April 2012

Stayed on night before heading out of Adelaide. Really comfortable room, decent bed and well furnished. No complaints at all.

Dear adam_blem,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Hotel. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 11 April 2012

Is it in a great location?
Are the rooms spacious and clean?
Is it value for money?

The Majestic Roof Garden Hotel stands out on all counts. We arrived at about 9am and they happily allowed us to check-in to our room as it was already ready. The hotel is located just 15 minutes drive from the airport, just 2 minutes walk from the main restaurant and shopping precinct (Rundle Street/Mall), and a 10 minute walk from the Adelaide Zoo. The Deluxe King Suite that we had was quite large and well appointed, as there was the usual coffee, large TV, desk and chair, safety deposit box etc. The room and bathroom was fairly new, and was always kept immaculately clean. Even though this was a 4.5-star hotel, and it was the Easter weekend, we got a great deal on Expedia for just $350 for 3 nights - it was definitely value for money!

A few gripes, however, were that the room did not have a bathtub - no major dramas, because the shower was fine. The room did not have bath robes though, which I thought was a bit motel-like, since surely a good hotel should provide bath robes.

My main gripe was parking: guests must pay extra for parking ($18 per 24hrs) in an independent parking lot on the street behind the hotel. For a 4.5-star hotel, I thought that the hotel would have been able to absorb the cost, and offer free parking to guests.

I hope that management reads these comments and could effect some changes because these were the reasons that I did not give it a full compliment of a 5 star rating.. But other than those minor gripes, I absolutely loved the hotel, I would definitely recommend it to you, and I myself will stay here on my next trip to Adelaide.

Room Tip: As with any hotel, be brave and ask for a free upgrade. The worst they will say is "we have not...

Dear TriniAussie,

Thank you for your comments regarding our Hotel. It was great to read that you found our facilities and location to your liking and that our team were able to provide you with an early check in.

I certainly appreciate your feedback regarding the car parking and due to our city location, we do have limited options for parking which unfortunately occur a cost to our guests.

However, in regards to your comments regarding the bath tub, may I recommend an Executive room for your next stay as this room has a deep bath tub with Japanese style doors which open over the bath to the bedroom. And we are also happy to provide bathrobes on request.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 29 March 2012

The Majestic Gardens was our top stay in a 3 week tour of Australia. Our large room included a very good King bed (perhaps a little firm for my tastes) and linens. It was furnished with quality wood furniture and limited but quality art. The large bathroom included a tub and shower with excellent towels and toiletries. A large flat screen TV with usual miinimum channels and, amazingly complementary internet. A small enclosed balcony was very useful for hanging laundry. The hotel is located in the heart of town close to all manner of entertainments. It has a surprisingly compact restaurant for a hotel of this size, but food and service quality were very good- and there are an endless number of restaurants within a few minutes walk. A high quality house close to the action. (PX#6)

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AnacoTraveler

Dear AnacoTraveler,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Hotel. I am pleased that you found our facilities and service to be of a high quality.

I hope to see you again.

Reviewed 27 March 2012

Whilst this property is located right in the heart of Adelaide, the road noise is impossible to sleep. What is worse is the multi-storey car-park directly opposite, operated 24 hours a day, with an obtrusive neon sign. We were on the northern side which gave views over massive air cooling towers over the building below, which were also terribly noisy. A business acquaintance from Adelaide recommended this hotel, but frankly I cannot. The glazing to the building is not STC rated therefore has no sound transmission qualities which I discussed with management, advising next time they renovate, they don't skimp on this essential item.

The food from the restaurant was quite good. There restaurant staff were very good and extremely polite, but I can't say the same for the reservations check-in staff.

Overall I will try somewhere else next time.

Room Tip: Make it as high as possible and to the south to try to get away from the noise.
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank OwnerOGE
Michael C, Manager at Majestic Roof Garden Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2012

Dear ownerOGE,

Thank you for your review of our Hotel. I am disappointed to read that your experience was overall below your expectations and that you experienced noise levels that were not to your standard. As our Hotel has a city location, unfortunately our views are of the city skyline and the surrounding buildings however a positive we take from this is our central location to the main business and leisure locations in the Adelaide CBD.

I would be more than happy to discuss your feedback with you should you wish to contact me directly as I would certainly like to have an opportunity for you to experience our Hotel again.

Reviewed 23 March 2012

This is my prefered place to stay in Adelaide, but it is often booked out or overpriced, so it had been about 2 years since I stayed here last. I stayed for 5 nights this time.

The team on reception are always helpful and polite and this stay was no different. The rooms are still fresh, clean and modern. The interior (both the rooms and public areas) have an upmarket and modern feel. I normally stay in the delux room to get a little more space. The bathroom & shower are great and if you are into soaking in the bath, this one looks big enough to do the job properly. The king bed was really comfy and the addition of a lounge chair as well as the study table/chair is always appreciated. A/C was quiet and effective, although it would have been nice to be able to open the window (top floor room, so it was an attic style window). Large flat screen TV (.....I think these are new?).

AT LAST !!!! An Australian hotel that understands the benifet of providing free WiFi !!!!!!! It is normal in most European & Asian hotels....so why not here. The free WiFi alone will make me come back to this hotel again !

No pool unfortunately and the gym is fairly average, so don't expect too much in that area. I didn't eat in the resturant at all on this trip, as the couple of times that I have had breakfast here it has been slow, expensive, and pretty horrible.....and there are plenty of decent cafes within a five min walk that will meet your breakfast and caffine needs far better.

The location is great. It is the better end of the city for food, drinks, shopping, and services. I was also lucky enough to be in Adelaide during the Fringe Festival and the "Glutony" & "Garden of Unearthly Delights" precints were with 5 mins walking distance from the hotel. This mean't that entertainment was on tap every night on the hotel's door step. This made being in Adelaide for work far more pleasurable. I'm now thinking of booking a weeks holiday at the Magestic Roof Garden Hotel for next years Fringe.

Highly recomended hotel for business travellers and couples due to its modern feel and great location. The only real negative is that it is a little overpriced at times for the level of service provided.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Sean W

Dear SW_Sydney,

Thank you for your review of our Hotel and my apologies for not having an opportunity to have you stay with us again sooner. As you mentioned, Adelaide can be very busy throughout the year, especially in March and I sincerely hope that you come back to stay with us for Fringe 2013.

I was pleased to read that you found our rooms to be spacious, modern and comfortable with some recent additions including our complimentary wireless internet. However, I was disappointed to read your comments regarding the breakfast service and quality and I can assure you that I am working on some improvements in this area to ensure the quality is to high standard.

I look forward to seeing you for next year’s Fringe Festival.

Reviewed 21 March 2012

Clean and modern hotel located right in the centre and close to shops and restaurants. Ideal for a business stop.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business

Dear Ameglio,

Thank you for review. I appreciate your comments and look forward to having you stay with us again soon.