“Definitely not to be missed”

Georges on Waymouth
Ranked #16 of 1,748 Restaurants in Adelaide
Price range: US$15 - US$34
Cuisines: European, Mediterranean
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Georges on Waymouth was established by George & Voula Kasimatis in November 2002, with the aim of serving fresh seasonal produce with impeccable service in a classic European setting.In the heart of Adelaide's CBD, Georges on Waymouth is an undeniable crowd pleaser, continually striving for excellence amongst locals and interstate guests. The dining room is stylish and minimalist with crisp linen tablecloths, high ceilings and wooden floorboards. A distinctly Mediterranean menu takes advantage of seasonal fare with beautiful delights such as Jerusalem artichoke veloute, artichoke skins, wild mushrooms, beurre noisette. Tortellini of osso-buco, green olive gremolata, grana padano, krispy kale. Our signature dish Lamb Press, pancetta, mustard fruits, caramelised cauliflower, grilled sprouts, black sherry. Chocolate fondant, mandarin ice cream, cardamom tuile - sensational! Awards-Restaurant & Catering SA Awards For Excellence Winner 'best informal restaurant' 2004 & 2006 Winner 'employee of the year' 2005 Winner 'maitre d' of the year' 2007 Winner 'best European restaurant' 2010, 2011, 2013, 2014, 2015. The Advertiser/Adelaide Food Awards Winner 'best CBD lunch' 2006,2007, 2009, 2015. Monday 7.30am to 5pm. Tuesday - Friday 7.30am to late. Saturday 6pm to late. Private room available for corporate or social events!
Reviewed 6 August 2017

Wow! This place is amazing. The staff are very friendly and efficient and the general atmosphere although very busy, is relaxed and welcoming. The decore has a "casual elegance" and the food was absolutely delicious.
The beef cheeks and lamb press, both melted in your mouth and the sauce on the beef cheeks was rich and yet delicate. For desserts, the yuzu souffle and persimmon tarte tatin were beautifully presented, different and very very tasty.
I was so impressed to see George himself maintaining an over view of the restaurant and the friendly way he interacted with diners.
This was one of the most enjoyable dining experiences in a long time.

Reviewed 5 August 2017

We had heard good things about the restaurant but this was our first visit. We chose the tasting menu with wine matching and thoroughly enjoyed it. The food was amazing, we loved every course but the artichoke soup and pressed lamb breast were my favourites. The lamb in particular was one of the best meals I have had for a while.
The staff were all fantastic and very welcoming and the waiter who bought our wine was very knowledgable and friendly. We had a great table near the kitchen so we could experience the fast pace and efficiency of the kitchen and staff, it was interesting and fun.

Reviewed 30 July 2017 via mobile

My girlfriend took me here for my birthday, the service was amazing and so was the food. The serves were smaller than what I'm used to but they filled me up and I was more than satisfied. I would certainly return.

Reviewed 22 July 2017 via mobile

I booked at Georges after hearing a lot about it. It was a belated birthday celebration for my mother-in-law. The food was really good and the service was also good, but I did get the feeling that there was not enough staff to service the floor. However we did not feel neglected, just that the servers seemed a bit rushed as there were more and more customers. However the food was hot and came out in a timely fashion.. the quality of the food was very good but it probably could have been better.

For entrees, my husband really enjoyed his oysters kilpatrick, and my mother-in-law had the quail. It would have been better if the quail had been deboned as it was a bit difficult to cut and eat, and as a result, there was quite a lot of meat left because she couldn't get it off the bone. The flavour was good however and the serving was generous. For mains, my husband had the beef cheek which was a little overdone, but good with the swede mash. I had the tortellini, which had a very generous filling, but the pasta was a little too thick, and my mother-in-law had the bug tail risotto which was delicious but could have done with a little more salt. The food was very good overall, other than these minor points.

The service was excellent and when desert arrived, they surprised my mother-in-law with a surprise dessert and a birthday message which was really thoughtful of them! I had the persimmon tart tatin which was absolutely delicious. When the bill came however there was a mistake as they had added another main to the bill. But the waiters apologised and quickly rectified this, so no harm done - it was probably a mistake due to the busyness of the restaurant at the time. Just a tip to always check your bill anyway in any restaurant!

Good restaurant overall and will be back the next time we are in Adelaide!

Reviewed 22 July 2017 via mobile

We chose the 6 course degustation and every course was truly delicious. It was a journey of delicious flavours, each course complimenting the next. The service was second to none, wine list is great and the negroni cocktails were fantastic.
Highlight was the artichoke soup with truffles and the lamb press.
Will definitely visit again!