“A brillant place to dine”

Georges on Waymouth
Ranked #6 of 1,655 Restaurants in Adelaide
Price range: US$14 - US$30
Cuisines: European, Mediterranean
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Georges on Waymouth was established by George & Voula Kasimatis in November 2002, with the aim of serving fresh seasonal produce with impeccable service in a classic European setting.In the heart of Adelaide's CBD, Georges on Waymouth is an undeniable crowd pleaser, continually striving for excellence amongst locals and interstate guests. The dining room is stylish and minimalist with crisp linen tablecloths, high ceilings and wooden floorboards. A distinctly Mediterranean menu takes advantage of seasonal fare with beautiful delights such as Jerusalem artichoke veloute, artichoke skins, wild mushrooms, beurre noisette. Tortellini of osso-buco, green olive gremolata, grana padano, krispy kale. Our signature dish Lamb Press, pancetta, mustard fruits, caramelised cauliflower, grilled sprouts, black sherry. Chocolate fondant, mandarin ice cream, cardamom tuile - sensational! Awards-Restaurant & Catering SA Awards For Excellence Winner 'best informal restaurant' 2004 & 2006 Winner 'employee of the year' 2005 Winner 'maitre d' of the year' 2007 Winner 'best European restaurant' 2010, 2011, 2013, 2014, 2015. The Advertiser/Adelaide Food Awards Winner 'best CBD lunch' 2006,2007, 2009, 2015. Monday 7.30am to 5pm. Tuesday - Friday 7.30am to late. Saturday 6pm to late. Private room available for corporate or social events!
Reviewed 13 August 2017

Delicious food (hard to decide what to have!) and excellent staff in a lovely atmosphere, would highly recommend for special occasions or just a special night out.

There are newer reviews for Georges on Waymouth

Reviewed 11 August 2017

We visited the restaurant for dinner as it was my husband's birthday and we were in Adelaide for the weekend. We read the reviews on trip advisor so thought we'd book and try it out. We were first seated at a table right by the door, which was really cold and kept disturbing us every time the door opened. I asked to be moved, and we were then moved to the back of the restaurant, which was better. But that seemed to confuse the waiting staff as we were then totally forgotten about. After about 15mins of waiting for someone to come to us, I stopped a waiter and asked if he'd take our order. I ordered the duck with soy to start, which I thought would be nice and thinly sliced. But it was actually quite a large lump of duck which just looked like flesh on a plate (which of course, it was). Tasted good but the presentation of it put me right off, and I just couldn't eat it. My husband did enjoy his meal of beef cheek though. Overall, the food and experience just wasn't memorable for me, though my husband enjoyed his meal, so maybe I just didn't choose well.

Reviewed 6 August 2017

Wow! This place is amazing. The staff are very friendly and efficient and the general atmosphere although very busy, is relaxed and welcoming. The decore has a "casual elegance" and the food was absolutely delicious.
The beef cheeks and lamb press, both melted in your mouth and the sauce on the beef cheeks was rich and yet delicate. For desserts, the yuzu souffle and persimmon tarte tatin were beautifully presented, different and very very tasty.
I was so impressed to see George himself maintaining an over view of the restaurant and the friendly way he interacted with diners.
This was one of the most enjoyable dining experiences in a long time.

Reviewed 5 August 2017

We had heard good things about the restaurant but this was our first visit. We chose the tasting menu with wine matching and thoroughly enjoyed it. The food was amazing, we loved every course but the artichoke soup and pressed lamb breast were my favourites. The lamb in particular was one of the best meals I have had for a while.
The staff were all fantastic and very welcoming and the waiter who bought our wine was very knowledgable and friendly. We had a great table near the kitchen so we could experience the fast pace and efficiency of the kitchen and staff, it was interesting and fun.

Reviewed 30 July 2017 via mobile

My girlfriend took me here for my birthday, the service was amazing and so was the food. The serves were smaller than what I'm used to but they filled me up and I was more than satisfied. I would certainly return.