See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed June 29, 2017 via mobile

I stayed over 1 month, and I felt like home all the time. Fresh and handmade pancakes every morning, Pete and Dave and John are always (and I mean ALWAYS) helpful and kind, good people around all the time, we were like a small family. If you look for something luxory that's not tour place. If you are looking for a place to be happy and in good vibes, this is THE place.
Grrat location, very close to centre, 2 minutes walking to Coles and the market (even cheaper than Coles), and 1 min walking to the bus station.
I loved you guys, hope to see you soon again.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank Elisa R
Reviewed April 2, 2017 via mobile

Me and my boyfriend stayed in Sunny's twice during our stays in Adelaide. First time it was two weeks and later only couple of nights.

What we love about Sunny's is that the staff there is extremely helpful. You can ask anything you have a problem with and they'll do everything they can to help you. They are also super flexible. Because of the staff and the general atmosphere we decided to stay there again and would propably stay in the future as well if we'd be back in Adelaide at some point.

However, the hostel is not that clean and it doesn't have proper airconditioning in the rooms which was a bit of a problem during the summer time. In general I think the building would need some renovation.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jenna2611
Reviewed December 4, 2016 via mobile

I met the receptionist twice, he seems to be a be a rassistic alcoholic. I wouldn't feel well there as a single travelling female. Further more there are other budget accommodations with a better ambiance.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled solo
2  Thank Hazal W
Reviewed November 19, 2016 via mobile

Room ok, clean up every morning at 9. Shower is hot for the 1st person and then warm is all you can have.
We stay there over a week, never have the wifi. Staff friendly when not completely drunk or high. (Pete/dave)
Selling things to 18yo backpackers and take advantage of them... it's a shame. Will not coming back.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
8  Thank Annie S
Reviewed November 1, 2016

Should start by saying that at first glance Sunny's is a little rough around the edges, so if you're a high maintenance "plushpacker" it might not be for you and Sunny's doesn't deserve a bad review just because you're a bit of a princess!

Cleaned well everyday, free pancake breakfast every morning, free wifi. Pete and Dave are by a long shot the friendliest and most helpful managers I've met since I started backpacking. Always about to tell you what's good to do/see and even helped a bunch of us find work/ cars/ bikes without getting ripped off.

I even got screwed over by a french dude for $40 and because Pete had his details in the system he was happy to shout me the $40 and chase up the French guy himself.

Wicked community vibe and sessions in the courtyard most evenings. I was ere for 2 months and it's the only place Id come back to in Adelaide.

Room Tip: Downstairs rooms get best wifi.
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo