“Well located, luxury apartment”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Excellent - based on 17 reviews

Reviews from our community

pahSydney
Sydney, Australia
“Well located, luxury apartment”
Reviewed December 31, 2016 for a stay in November 2016

We stayed for 3 nights in the Tutor's apartment which is a luxury modern addition to the original building. The apartment has been incredibly well designed and Rebecca's attention to detail is evident everywhere.

We also appreciated Rebecca staying up late to greet us when our flight was delayed and baking a cake for us to boot.

the apartment has wonderful views towards Sandy Bay so it's perfect if you just want to stay at home and relax. But it's only a short walk to the delights of Battery Point and Salamanca Place if you want to explore.

Highly recommended

Date of stay: November 2016
Thanks for your review. Glad you liked the cake. Many thanks Rebecca
Karen C
Adelaide, Australia
“Superb accommodation.”
Reviewed April 29, 2016 for a stay in April 2016

I recently had the privilege of staying at the Old Bishop's Quarters with my husband and 2 teenage kids. We all fell that staying here was the best decision we made in our entire trip. We were lucky enough to stay in the House Keepers Apartment, the Old School House and the Tutor's Apartment. I may have the names wrong. They were all unique and beautiful. I honestly cannot fault the design or finishes in any of the apartments. They were spectacular. And they were spotless, which is very important to me. I will be recommending a stay here in any of the accommodation, to anyone travelling to Hobart. Love it. And our host, Rebecca, was fantastic. Very helpful and kind.

Date of stay: April 2016
Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Quality of accommodation. Design and layout. Cleanliness. Character.
Liked least: Had to leave.
Travelling group: Teenagers
Recommended for:
Older travelers Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
14 Jun 2017
Thank you for your positive feedback. We look forward to perhaps being your hosts again. Kind regards Rebecca
NelsonGra...
Nelson, New Zealand
“Just lovely!”
Reviewed December 24, 2015 for a stay in December 2015
person found this review helpful

I stayed there last week with my daughter and her family. We stayed in one of the new modern apartments attached to the Old Bishop's quarters.
There were 5 of us, including one child and a toddler and we fitted very well into the space. The views of the bay from the deck were lovely. Our hosts went over and above. Not only did they leave Christmas presents under the tree for the children but they also very kindly sent their teenage son over to help us figure out the tv. They were very pleasant and helpful and made our dstay an enjoyable one. I slept on the trundler bed and it was soft enough for me to have a good night's sleep. The pillows were good quality, something else I appreciated. The sun streamed in the bedrooms and warmed up the polished concrete floors which made bed time in the cooler evenings more enjoyable. There were only two things that were slightly odd. We didn't get fresh towels for our 6 day stay. We managed by taking turns on the heated towel rail but I had to wash the bath mat and the face cloths half way through our stay. It would have been lovely t6o have fresh towels every day or even every second day. The other thing I found a bit disconcerting was the bathroom, and this would not have mattered if it was only a couple staying here. However there were three generations of us. The exterior wall of the bathroom was all window and if you were on the toilet or standing in the bathroom you could be clearly seen from the master bedroom. Two thirds of this exterior window had blinds but the other third- the shower cubicle did not.. While you were under the shower head you could not be seen but as soon as you moved away from the shower or into the rest of the bathroom to dry off you were 'exposed", not only through the window but in the reflection of the large mirror as I found that out much to my embarrassment. I took to showering without having the light on to try and preserve a little dignity. As I said this wouldn't matter if it was only a couple staying here. I enjoyed my stay here and would certainly recommend it.

Date of stay: December 2015
Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: comfortable beds
Liked least: being seen by others while using the bathroom
Travelling group: Extended Family
Recommended for:
Older travelers Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
14 Jun 2017
Apologies that you did not receive fresh towels each or every second day. We state that we are a self/contained apartment not serviced. We do however have washing machine and clothes dryer facilities to available. The shower is modern adjacent to a courtyard and does have all windows on to the courtyard. Pots plants in the courtyard have been strategically placed to screen any such sights yet not deter from the outside experience. We are sorry that you weren't comfortable with the bathroom design. Kind regards Rebecca
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.